Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ok, this is just me thinking out out.

I'm not very good at wheeling and dealing draft picks.  I'm of the school that just waits my turn, and picks the best guy I can at my spot.

But ever since we traded Wentz, I've been thinking about what we could do with those draft picks we got from Washington, and the cap space we freed up.

So here's my plan.  Again, just thinking out loud.

Step 1 - Spend the money.  Sign DE Emmanuel Ogbah and LT Terron Armstead.  Make it rain.

Step 2 - Trade one of our 3rds (#82) and next years 3rd from Washington for QB Marcus Mariota.  (Is that a fair trade for a backup QB, ex Heisman Trophy winner?  Please let me know.)

Step 3 - Trade our 5th (#158) and next years 4th to flip flop our 2nd (#42) up higher in the 2nd round around #33-#36.  Draft WR Jahan Dotson (DraftTek rated 36th)

This leaves us with our 3rd (#73), our 4th (#120), our 5th (#177), and our 6th and two 7th's.

DRAFT

3/73 - Coby Bryant, CB, Cincinnati (DraftTek rated 79th)

4/120 - Greg Dulcich, TE, UCLA (DraftTek rated 159th and rising)

5/177 - BPA

RESULTING ADDITIONS

QB Marcus Mariotta

LT Terron Armstead

DE Emmanuel Ogbah

WR Jahan Dotson

TE Greg Dulcich

CB Coby Bryant

Does that look terrible?  Did I do it right?  Are the trade values correct?  Would it work at all?  And would you be happy with it?

3 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Ok, this is just me thinking out out.

I'm not very good at wheeling and dealing draft picks.  I'm of the school that just waits my turn, and picks the best guy I can at my spot.

But ever since we traded Wentz, I've been thinking about what we could do with those draft picks we got from Washington, and the cap space we freed up.

So here's my plan.  Again, just thinking out loud.

Step 1 - Spend the money.  Sign DE Emmanuel Ogbah and LT Terron Armstead.  Make it rain.

Step 2 - Trade one of our 3rds (#82) and next years 3rd from Washington for QB Marcus Mariota.  (Is that a fair trade for a backup QB, ex Heisman Trophy winner?  Please let me know.)

Step 3 - Trade our 5th (#158) and next years 4th to flip flop our 2nd (#42) up higher in the 2nd round around #33-#36.  Draft WR Jahan Dotson (DraftTek rated 36th)

This leaves us with our 3rd (#73), our 4th (#120), our 5th (#177), and our 6th and two 7th's.

DRAFT

3/73 - Coby Bryant, CB, Cincinnati (DraftTek rated 79th)

4/120 - Greg Dulcich, TE, UCLA (DraftTek rated 159th and rising)

5/177 - BPA

RESULTING ADDITIONS

QB Marcus Mariotta

LT Terron Armstead

DE Emmanuel Ogbah

WR Jahan Dotson

TE Greg Dulcich

CB Coby Bryant

Does that look terrible?  Did I do it right?  Are the trade values correct?  Would it work at all?  And would you be happy with it?

How good is Ogbah? I see he has 18 sacks over the past two seasons which is impressive, but I don't watch many Dolphins games.

8 hours ago, tvturner said:

Mariota is a FA

Putting 30-40% of the cap into the OL isn't smart

If I'm signing Armstead,  and I probably would, I'd likely look to deal Kelly and clear some space.  Then place Pinter either at C or G and draft C Cam Jurgens out of Nebraska with one of our existing third rounders.  He's supposed to have a nasty attitude that should pair up well with Q.   Now I have three expensive OLs and two cheap but talented guys.   And the ages and contracts are staggered.

Saving the $9m from Kelly, and the $5m from Glow.   Reed can be signed as the 6th OL and can spell the young IOL if one of them struggles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you look at Tyrod Taylor track record with the teams he played for ability to find a QB he is batting above .500

After Bills they found Josh Allen

Browns got Mayfield

Chargers got Herbert

Houston found Mills

% I'm thinking about doing a post comparing him to the movie Good Luck Chuck lol.