Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

D. Watson anyone

3 hours ago, Bert Johns said:

Today we found out no criminal charges are going to be charged to D. Watson the grand jury dismissed all 9 counts against him. The Colts need a quality qb and he fits the bill. He will be suspended by the nfl for conduct but he will be available after that. I say we roll with Sam till he's ready to go. This guy can play

Yep, just that simple. 

The leagues favourable teams that still need a Top Flite QB are Pittsburgh & Giants. The Broncos & Packers solidified the position recently. I will guess the Titans & Bucs are dark horse candidates. He's a upgrade over Jones in New England but I think Kraft will stay with Jones, but the first two is my guess. ..... Definitely not the colts or lions lol.

But why can't the Texans and Watson mend their differences? If that happens the Titans & Colts could both be looking up to the jags(Lawrence) and Texans (Watson) soon.

19 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

That's the criminal charges.   He is still facing civil lawsuits.   It's far from over.    He will be facing a suspension for sure

i don't think he'll be suspended for that long. 

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

i don't think he'll be suspended for that long. 

Big Ben got six games 12 years ago.     If Watson settles out of court with these ladies he will be admitting guilt.    Ridley just got suspended a year for betting parlays on Fanduel.   I could see him suspended for a season

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Big Ben got six games 12 years ago.     If Watson settles out of court with these ladies he will be admitting guilt.    Ridley just got suspended a year for betting parlays on Fanduel.   I could see him suspended for a season

settling is not an admission of guilt.

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

settling is not an admission of guilt.

Of coarse it is.     Why would you settle if you're innocent?    Go to trial and prove you did nothing wrong

In the court of public opinion,   it is certainly an admission of guilt

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Of coarse it is.     Why would you settle if you're innocent?    Go to trial and prove you did nothing wrong

In the court of public opinion,   it is certainly an admission of guilt

because the process can cost more in the end than settling.  what you're saying is flat out wrong.

settling has never been an admission of guilt, regardless of the PR impact. 

people can feel how they want, that doesn't change the law.  he's already been found innocent of criminal charges. now as for the civil case it will be for emotional damages or something like that. 

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

because the process can cost more in the end than settling.  what you're saying is flat out wrong.

people can feel how they want, that doesn't change the law.  he's already been found innocent of criminal charges. now as for the civil case it will be for emotional damages or something like that. 

Goodell will treat setting as an admission of guilt.   Trust that

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Goodell will treat setting as an admission of guilt.   Trust that

well sure Goodell can do whatever he wants, that doesn't change the fact that settling a court case is not an admission of guilt.  

like I said just previously, the way people feel about him is their own problem. can't go around prosecuting people based on hearsay. Court did it's job and made a decision based on evidence, and like we chatted about previously there is no criminal evidence and that hasn't changed.  what the league is gonna do has nothing to do with you claiming he's guilty if he settles a civil case. but you're entitled to that opinion even if it is wrong. 

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

well sure Goodell can do whatever he wants, that doesn't change the fact that settling a court case is not an admission of guilt.  

like I said just previously, the way people feel about him is their own problem. can't go around persecutiing people based on hearsay. Court did it's job and made a decision based on evidence, and like we chatted about previously there is no criminal evidence and that hasn't changed.  what the league is gonna do has nothing to do with you claiming he's guilty if he settles a civil case. but you're entitled to that opinion even if it is wrong. 

I would never settle if I knew I was innocent.    That's just me I guess

22 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Texans won’t trade him to a team in the division.

Buddy of mine was talking this morning about how hilarious it’d be if Watson refused to waive his no trade clause for anyone but us. Just to spite the Texans haha

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Sometimes the legal fees of fighting and winning are way higher than they would be just to settle. It’s why so many insurance companies chose to just settle these days

2 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

I haven't really followed this, so will ask:

Was he found innocent of the criminal charges, or did they decide there was not enough evidence to pursue criminal charges? Big difference. 

1 hour ago, coltsva said:

I haven't really followed this, so will ask:

Was he found innocent of the criminal charges, or did they decide there was not enough evidence to pursue criminal charges? Big difference. 

Grand jury dismissed the indictment. Happened yesterday. 

No evidence of criminal wrong doing. 

Its funny how all the same people who said Wentz would never be traded or released are the same people who dont think Ballard will ever trade a boat load of pics and players for a franchise QB. It could definitely happen especially now that Rogers and Wilson are off the table. Being in the same division makes our odds a little lower to land him but not impossible

Even if he didn't have the moral cloud hanging over him, there is ZERO chance the Colts could get him. ZERO. Even if he didnt have a market, if i'm Houston, i'd almost rather force him to sit four years than send him to a division rival. ZERO chance.

Watson has a no-trade clause in his contract giving him the ability to reject any trade offer the Texans propose to him. He could tell the Texans he would only waive his no trade clause for the Colts, leaving the Texans no choice but to deal him to the Colts so they are able to get something back from him in return.

37 minutes ago, Dark Superman said:

Watson has a no-trade clause in his contract giving him the ability to reject any trade offer the Texans propose to him. He could tell the Texans he would only waive his no trade clause for the Colts, leaving the Texans no choice but to deal him to the Colts so they are able to get something back from him in return.

They'd keep him. They've sat him one season, i believe they'd hold the asset and bleed his career out on the bench rather than give him to an immediate rival.....and they'd be right.

On 3/12/2022 at 2:01 PM, jvan1973 said:

I don't think I would either but people make decisions based on their circumstances. He just lost one year of his personal and professional life. How long will that continue? If it is likely to take many years, does it make sense not to settle so that everyone can move on with their lives. In his situation, I might settle. In my life, I would not.

Hopefully this is a lesson learned for him. I would love to hear what he has to say. 

There you have it Colt's fans and all those who think like a madden GM..............the Colt's asked for permission and were denied access to Watson.

Ballard did his due diligence (as always) and was turned down. 

Why?

Hmmmmmm gee let me think? Perhaps it because WE ARE IN THE SAME DIVISION as the Texans and they would be fools to trade within the division so their man could beat them twice a year for the next ten years! 

Some of y'all need to get a grip on reality and return to planet earth!

49 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

There you have it Colt's fans and all those who think like a madden GM..............the Colt's asked for permission and were denied access to Watson.

Ballard did his due diligence (as always) and was turned down. 

Why?

Hmmmmmm gee let me think? Perhaps it because WE ARE IN THE SAME DIVISION as the Texans and they would be fools to trade within the division so their man could beat them twice a year for the next ten years! 

Some of y'all need to get a grip on reality and return to planet earth!

But Planet HIGH feels so good haha

10 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

But Planet HIGH feels so good haha

I won't know until I retire officially.......got drug tested in HS for sports, in college, in the Army and now at my current job (randomly).....9 more years of it and then I will join that crowd! Besides, the body could use a little soothing! LOL

Archived