Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

D. Watson anyone

Today we found out no criminal charges are going to be charged to D. Watson the grand jury dismissed all 9 counts against him. The Colts need a quality qb and he fits the bill. He will be suspended by the nfl for conduct but he will be available after that. I say we roll with Sam till he's ready to go. This guy can play

He’s going to the Eagles for 2 first rounders at least and a possible future first rounder, I’m speculating, no one else has the ammunition. Not sure if he will waive his No trade clause for Eagles like he said he would for Dolphins. Also, Russell Wilson said he wouldn’t waive no trade clause for Eagles but did so for Broncos.

No one wants to play QB in Philly, I guess. :) 

As far as within the division.... if the biggest bid is within the division, I think they'd do it.

As far as capital - they were asking for three 1Rs and three 2Rs. We'd have to package a player comparable to a 1R pick. It could be done.

But.... Ballard and Reich aren't touching Mr. Handy with a ten foot poll. 

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

He’s going to the Eagles for 2 first rounders at least and a possible future first rounder, I’m speculating, no one else has the ammunition. Not sure if he will waive his No trade clause for Eagles like he said he would for Dolphins. Also, Russell Wilson said he wouldn’t waive no trade clause for Eagles but did so for Broncos.

No one wants to play QB in Philly, I guess. :) 

Jets, Giants, Jags, and Detroit all have as much or more capital than Philly. 

Jets could pull it off easier than all the other teams given both their draft capital and cap space. 

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Jets, Giants, Jags, and Detroit all have as much or more capital than Philly. 

Jets could pull it off easier than all the other teams given both their draft capital and cap space. 

True. I can definitely see Giants being aggressive there. Jets and Jags won’t easily give up on their first round QB investment a year into it and I really have a hard time thinking Watson would go to Lions.

The NFC East is going to be aggressive 

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

True. I can definitely see Giants being aggressive there. Jets and Jags won’t easily give up on their first round QB investment a year into it and I really have a hard time thinking Watson would go to Lions.

The NFC East is going to be aggressive 

Jet's could use their QB as trade capital. 

It might be a sweetener that attracts Houston. 

3 minutes ago, Coltsbluefan said:

He will be a Panther.

If I'm Carolina, I'm taking Willis.

Also, Carolina lacks a second this season. 

Not saying that kills their ability, but it does make it a lot harder than some other teams out there from a bid perspective. 

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

What if Raiders acquire him to upgrade their QB to keep up with the Jones of the AFC West and ship Carr to Houston?  That would suck. Lol 

My buddy thinks they'll trade Carr and picks for Watson.

Probably a good place for him. 

22 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

My buddy thinks they'll trade Carr and picks for Watson.

Probably a good place for him. 

Man that would suck. 

11 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Not by the NFL though.    He could still face suspension 

Maybe but they’ll likely pass

3 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Seems like he was trying to be ALL IN on his massage therapists. 

He has to settle with all of his massage therapists so they drop their civil suits.

That could be 2M per hand job but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Man that would suck. 

I'd prefer he went to the NFC too.

6 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

He has to settle with all of his massage therapists so they drop their civil suits.

That could be 2M per hand job but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do

In Vegas, probably runs 200 per lol.. 

The charges being dropped today likely means the civil suits get a lot cheaper now, and get settled quicker.

The fact the same lawyer is representing all the plaintiffs, means it could be one quick deal. 

Their cases are a lot weaker, but Watson will want to pay just to make it go away, and so no further testimony is required.  

Archived