Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts QB Watch Party

RollerColt

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

According to Lawrence Owen he said the Baker plan had been in place for a long time coming..  If true then it rules out it being an unanticipated plan B. 

Only thing though is that there is conflicting reports that the Colts haven’t even reached out yet. It’s hard to pinpoint what’s true and what isn’t. BIG reason why I’m hoping it’s over today…… And especially before April 1st. Could you imagine how that day would be??

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

I doubt it. 

If it's Matt Ryan, it'll have to be today. If he's on ATL's roster at 4pm today, he's due a bonus and they already pushed that back from being due last week, which tells us they really don't want to pay that bonus if he's not going to be their QB this season. IF ATL is trading Ryan, it'll be before 4pm today.

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

Joel Erickson just said on Bowen and Query that he has not been able to corroborate the rumor that the Colts are interested in Baker. He said the last he's heard they had not talked to Baker or his people. 

There is no way they never contacted browns. That is just mal practice to not contact anyone if your looking for a QB. Especially after the Watson stuff and Baker demanding a trade.

8 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

There is no way they never contacted browns. That is just mal practice to not contact anyone if your looking for a QB. Especially after the Watson stuff and Baker demanding a trade.

Yea, I can't imagine we haven't at least put feelers out to them.

4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

This is funny.

I really hope that isn't us. I would take Mariota any day over Jimmy G, especially for that compensation.

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

If we don’t get Ryan and get stuck with Mariota that is going to make me very mad. Especially when we could of had Baker.

if we end up with Mariota I will puke. That is a 8-9 season waiting to happen. Luck owned his rear for years and Jacoby even beat him. What is the love fest for Mariota, I don't get it? He would be like having Jacoby.

3 minutes ago, Shive said:

I really hope that isn't us. I would take Mariota any day over Jimmy G, especially for that compensation.

Me too. I would be sick if that were the case. His shoulder scares me. His compensation for draft picks should match that. 

2 hours ago, DiogoSales said:

For everybody who saw Wentz video on Warners channel, looks like this guy can make the proper reads 

I noticed that early that he had a pretty decent feel for the passing game.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

if we end up with Mariota I will puke. That is a 8-9 season waiting to happen. Luck owned his rear for years and Jacoby even beat him. What is the love fest for Mariota, I don't get it? He would be like having Jacoby.

There is not substantial difference between being 8-9 and 10-7... In both cases you are going nowhere. What might make substantial difference is having the 15th pick in the 2023 draft or not having it. :dunno:

We have way too many positions of importance where we are lacking for us to be true contenders next year. I'm not saying write the year off, but more like - use the year to put yourself in better position going forward, develop your youth, try to address some of the premier positions, rather than throwing more and more premier assets for short term fixes that we will need to ditch next year. 

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I just hope some day the colts can get a exciting young QB with young stud WR and we can have some swagger. That’s my only wish in the next couple years.

Saying that Ryan can at least attract some FA that are left.

Matt Ryan would fit us perfectly, and this city too. Mariota is average at best, we won't make the playoffs with him.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wow! I guess you want to lose.

I don't WANT to lose. But what I don't want to happen even more than have 1 losing season is throwing away more and more premier assets after more and more bandaids. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's not a love fest, it's just realistically looking at the QBs in a vacuum. Jimmy G may have a winning record, but looking at his on-field performance, I don't think he's worth the compensation that they're asking for him. I honestly think trading for Jimmy G would actually result in Reich and Ballard being fired in 2 or 3 years.

Luck owned the Titans defense that was a mess most of the time he was here. Mariota wasn't the best in TN, but he was average with a rotating door at OC, with no offensive weapons. In his playing time with the Raiders, he looked really solid. I think he's grown since his time in TN and could be at the very least a top 15 QB in our offense. He'd be an QB with upside that would at least allow a drafted QB to grow behind. You don't get that with Jimmy G.

It really comes down to the level of play for the cost and Jimmy G does not give you comparable level of play for the cost, especially since he's out for the next few months.

16 minutes ago, Shive said:

If Ballard were the one who is rumored to be offering two 2nd round picks for Jimmy, he needs to be fired.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To the guys that seriously want Mariota, I mean really?? Yeah the locker room will love that one. season 3 laughing GIF

The locker room will be very happy next year when we are in the exact same position we are in now - no QB, no 1st round pick to draft one, more important positions needing addressing. 

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

The locker room will be very happy next year when we are in the exact same position we are in now - no QB, no 1st round pick to draft one, more important positions needing addressing. 

With Matt Ryan the locker room would be elated beyond belief. That guy is good, legit f'ing good.

On the one hand it's hard to imagine the Falcons are the willing to trade him knowing the QB situation they will be left with.....but on the other hand I guess with or without Ryan they're probably not competing in their division anytime soon and they know that it's just a matter of time before they have to think of a new QB and rebuilding anyway so they might be tempted by some draft capital.

Archived