Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2012 Opponents

Dtman513

On the NFL Network, they released the 2012 opponents for each NFL team.

Here's the 2012 Colts opponents:

Home:

Jax

Hou

Tenn

Cle

Buff

Mia

GB

Minn

Away:

Jax

Hou

Tenn

NE

NYJ

KC

Det

Chi

Seems like a pretty tough schedule....

Comments?

NBo Denver, No Dallas.....No Baltimore or Pittsburgh

No NYGs...

I wanna play Cleveland, Minnesota. Buffalo and Miami at home

I'll take it...

NBo Denver, No Dallas.....No Baltimore or Pittsburgh

No NYGs...

I wanna play Cleveland, Minnesota. Buffalo and Miami at home

I'll take it...

I agree on Cle, Minn, Buff, and Mia at home....I think the other 3/4ths of the NFC North will be tough, and the other 1/2 of the AFC East could be either/or....

On the NFL Network, they released the 2012 opponents for each NFL team.

Here's the 2012 Colts opponents:

Home:

Jax

Hou

Tenn

Cle

Buff

Mia

GB

Minn

Away:

Jax

Hou

Tenn

NE

NYJ

KC

Det

Chi

Seems like a pretty tough schedule....

Comments?

we can win 10 games

I see 3-13...but games aren't played on paper so the Colt optimist in me will say 5-11. I don't understand how anyone can look at that schedule and despite how weak it is can think we can go go .500. On paper we only matchup competitively with Cleveland and Minnesota. To me I think we can pull out a win or two against other teams but that doesn't even mean we beat those two teams.

Home:

Jax - Winnable

Hou - Winnable (Aren't they required to lose at Lucas Oil?)

Tenn - Winnable

Cle - Winnable

Buff - Winnable

Mia -Winnable

GB - Lose

Minn - Winnable

Away:

Jax - Winnable

Hou - Lose

Tenn - Winnable

NE - Lose

NYJ - Lose

KC - Lose

Det - Lose

Chi - Lose

By my assessment, I think we go 6-10 realistically. Nobody has seen the new Colts yet. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt with 6 W's.

Honestly I don't see how we can't win 13 games. We're going to have a new looking team, but a better and younger team. The teams were playing aren't that difficult. NE can't win a game without cameras. Force Aaron Rodgers out of the pocket, and we have the speed to contain him. Jets... Please let Tebow play. And the rest of the teams are rebuilding for the most part just like us.

I understand the optimism people, but 10 wins is a crazy dream with a totally revamped team. You are setting yourself up for disappointment. Let the realist in you come out to play.

They were giving Cincy a lot of slack last year. They lost Ochocinco, Palmer. Rookie Qb. Rookie Wr. I'm pretty sure the power rankings had them at 30 or so until the season started. Granted, Cincy had a growing defense, and I think have had one of the best defenses in the league for a few years, as well.

Their division is way harder than ours, too. I honestly think the Colts could have a chance next year at 9-10 wins/possible playoffs.

Honestly I don't see how we can't win 13 games. We're going to have a new looking team, but a better and younger team. The teams were playing aren't that difficult. NE can't win a game without cameras. Force Aaron Rodgers out of the pocket, and we have the speed to contain him. Jets... Please let Tebow play. And the rest of the teams are rebuilding for the most part just like us.

If only winning was as easy as you suggest. Winning games on paper is worthless. How many did you guys think we was going to win last year. I think just looking at things objectively we should be competitive but I don't see how people can just bank on all those wins. Do you guys realize it was a grind and difficult to win all those games when we had Peyton and Co. at their prime? We will probably win a game or two we shouldn't win (like the Rams beating NO) and we will lose games we have a chance to win. You guys must think we are the best "worst" team in nfl history. We are so accustomed to winning we just think it is going to come easy. Peyton spoiled us and everyone is already been told that Luck is the next Peyton if not better. If only life was that easy. Rebuilding will be tough and it is yet to be seen if Luck can carry a franchise like Peyton did. We all hope he can but he is just a kid. A lot of pressure you guys put on the team.

Guys you can tell who a team is going to play by the rotations. However you can't find 2 teams because it depends on who places in the same standing with us.

AFC West - Denver and Oakland @LOS

NFC West

Then whoever finishes in the same standing with us from the AFC North and the AFC East

I see 3-13...but games aren't played on paper so the Colt optimist in me will say 5-11. I don't understand how anyone can look at that schedule and despite how weak it is can think we can go go .500. On paper we only matchup competitively with Cleveland and Minnesota. To me I think we can pull out a win or two against other teams but that doesn't even mean we beat those two teams.

Next years team in pretty much a Brand new team, never seen before. I don't see how people can compare what we where last year compared to what are team may look like next year.

Let us not forget that nothing is set in stone. Last year the Rams beat the Saints, and the Chiefs beat the Packers, Those where some of the worst teams in the league beating some of the best teams.

Home:

Jax - Winnable

Tenn - Winnable

Cle - Winnable

Buff - Winnable

Mia -Winnable

GB - Lose

Minn - Winnable

Away:

Jax - Winnable

Hou - Lose

Tenn - Winnable

NE - Lose

NYJ - Lose

KC - Lose

Det - Lose

Chi - Lose

By my assessment, I think we go 6-10 realistically. Nobody has seen the new Colts yet. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt with 6 W's.

This is pretty much the correct assessment all the way around.

hope we win 'em all.... throw it in the face of a couple of my coworkers (Bears fans) who think we should tank for the Barkley pick (trade fodder). The booty would be nice, but lets get some wins. I can't believe the perennially underachieving Texans are the cream of the AFC South crop. This CAN NOT STAND! :sadno:

Edit: Oh no... I think it finally really hit me that #18 is gone. I'm going back to bed. :gloomy:

Next years team in pretty much a Brand new team, never seen before. I don't see how people can compare what we where last year compared to what are team may look like next year.

Let us not forget that nothing is set in stone. Last year the Rams beat the Saints, and the Chiefs beat the Packers, Those where some of the worst teams in the league beating some of the best teams.

Realistically we are still about 75% the same team we were last year. We added Redding and BIG Z on defense (one barely played and the other simply a contributer). On offense we lost arguably our best playmaker on the outside, both starting TEs, our center, and a running back that had always been solid when he played. We added an injury prone wideout, several well traveled but unheralded lineman, and obviously we will add a rookie qb. A good one but a rookie none the less. I think this team could marginally be better thus perhaps perhaps double the wins or maybe 5 but to think this team has the talent and players to make the playoffs and win double digit wins? I don't see anything to support that.

I am amazed at how optimistic people are of how well the Colts are going to do next year. First year for Grigs being a GM, first year coaching at their positions for most of the coaching staff, Polian's total ^messing^ up of our salary cap, 40 plus million in dead cap space this year, few talented players left after one of the biggest layoffs of any NFL team, a major revamp of our offense and a enormous revamp of are defensive playbooks, our two best players (Freeney and Mathis) moved to a different position, all new starting OL minus a couple of players, rookie QB behind a OL that was made for run blocking and not pass blocking, way below average RBs that are used because we can not replace them because the rest of the team is being replaced, potential loss of one of the NFL's most talented LS, no one available in training camp or season that can replace such a loss as Peyton's leadership, skill positions that simply lack any skill, a backup QB that is bad enough that we hope he is never used, etc. We will be on bottom of the power rankings all year. I see us beating Miami and winning two other games if the football bounces our way. 3-13 record at best.

I think it's really hard to predict because we just don't know alot of answers right now. I think the AFC south is weak. I think Luck will be pretty good his first year. In my opinion the biggest factors in determining a losing or winning season will be the offensive line and the defensive secondary. O-line is a huge question mark with the new players signed and first year players from last year. Secondary must improve greatly over last year if there's to be any hope of a winning season.

Home:

Jax - Winnable

Tenn - Winnable

Cle - Winnable

Buff - Winnable

Mia -Winnable

GB - Lose

Minn - Winnable

Away:

Jax - Winnable

Hou - Lose

Tenn - Winnable

NE - Lose

NYJ - Lose

KC - Lose

Det - Lose

Chi - Lose

I dont see the colts losing to the disfunctional jets. their ego and rex ryan will lose that game for them. then again they do have tebow lol

It's the scheduling system the NFL uses so you can't complain about it. I mean I can tell you who 14 of the 16 are we play in 2013 right now. It's a good system to use based on how the divisions are set up but it takes next to nothing into account in terms of record. Case in point the Pats were in the Super Bowl last year and have the easiest NFL schedule this coming season. Meanwhile the Colts hold the top overall draft pick and are playing a very hard schedule. You can make a very strong case that part of the schedule is very flawed. However, it's used for every team in the NFL every year and I really doubt the league is going to change it.