Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Brady rumors are still flying around.

This guy has some really good content. Talks about Colts being a dark horse. But with irsay being like he currently is, it makes me wonder if he would push for this kind of move. If you watch the video he explains what is rumored to be what Brady would want, if he were to "unretire".

14 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

This guy has some really good content. Talks about Colts being a dark horse. But with irsay being like he currently is, it makes me wonder if he would push for this kind of move. If you watch the video he explains what is rumored to be what Brady would want, if he were to "unretire".

Why would he leave Tampa to come here?  Not to mention the Bucs still own his rights.    Zero percent chance

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If we can win a SB for us that is all I want, I would buy Tommy a beer and say take us to the promise land baby! Excited Boy Meets World GIF- I am just having fun now because he is done/retired and why shouldn't be? It would be hilarious though if the last SB he won was here, that would chap some peoples you know what haha Tom Brady Reaction GIF by New England Patriots- only he and Peyton have won 2 other teams, he could be the 1st to do it with 3 lmao 

• Sad 1

I wouldn't completely rule out him un-retiring...but not with the colts because he really hates the colts. But

If he did come to the colts, I wouldn't root for him because 1. I hate him(even though I often bet & win on him lol).... 2. Him leading colts to a SB wouldn't mean much since it would be tainted/illegitimate anyway.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I wouldn't completely rule out him un-retiring...but not with the colts because he really hates the colts. But

If he did come to the colts, I wouldn't root for him because 1. I hate him(even though I often bet & win on him lol).... 2. Him leading colts to a SB wouldn't mean much since it would be tainted/illegitimate anyway.

He cheated to win games he would have lost, those that helped him cheat ratted him out when they were also caught. He destroyed the evidence the day he was required to present it so was suspended and fined and his assh*le old man defended it and ran his mouth so we know where he got his lack of morals from.....glad he is gone and good riddance.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't think anyone knows what's going to happen, including Brady. I do think if he comes back it will have to be a unique situation and obviously an immediate opportunity to win. I don't think Indy has the weapons he'd want but I do think a team like San Francisco could lure him in for one year. Playing for his hometown 49ers would be one of the only boxes left for him to check off. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GoPats said:

I don't think anyone knows what's going to happen, including Brady. I do think if he comes back it will have to be a unique situation and obviously an immediate opportunity to win. I don't think Indy has the weapons he'd want but I do think a team like San Francisco could lure him in for one year. Playing for his hometown 49ers would be one of the only boxes left for him to check off. 

I hope he stays retired.  His career ending was about as perfect as you can get winning the ring in year one in Tampa.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

I hope he stays retired.  His career ending was about as perfect as you can get winning the ring in year one in Tampa.

I hope so too. Can't stand the "will he or won't he?" thing that so many athletes do. 

45 minutes ago, GoPats said:

I hope so too. Can't stand the "will he or won't he?" thing that so many athletes do. 

I don't see anyone climbing that 7 SBs mountain in this salary cap era. He didn't need a SB win exit for the perfect retirement. Elway and Peyton needed that more, IMO. Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, Big Ben, Mahomes, he has slayed them all in the playoffs in big moments, all of the above HOF QBs or potential HOF QBs.

Plus, Brady wouldn't want to be mentioned in the same breadth as Favre with the vacillation on retirement. Brady's place in history of NFL and football is as secure as it can be, IMO. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GoPats said:

Robert Downey Jr Shrug GIF by MOODMAN

I am different than a lot of Colts fans. If Tom told the Bucs to trade him here, I would take him in a second. With him I think we could win the SB. I play around at times and say he cheated but he is still the GOAT IMO. Peyton and Montana are the only other 2 that is in that convo IMO.

season 4 netflix GIF by Gilmore Girls

This is one of the most chaotic off seasons I can remember. Lawsuits, QB desperate teams aplenty, rampant rumors of big name retired players coming back, big time QBs wanting out of their original situations... Everyone's acting like we're all going to die tomorrow, which, I guess with the current events maybe that's true?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GoPats said:

Robert Downey Jr Shrug GIF by MOODMAN

You only win a playoff game by 3 points with balls deflated to make them easier to catch and harder to fumble odds of winning are very very low and that is what occurred. John Harbaugh is kinda forgotten in it all but his team was denied a trip to the AFC Finals that season and though Colts likely win and represent the AFC we have no way of knowing. Colts were not the only victim, as much as many hate the Ravens they got screwed over as well.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, chad72 said:

I don't see anyone climbing that 7 SBs mountain in this salary cap era. He didn't need a SB win exit for the perfect retirement. Elway and Peyton needed that more, IMO. Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, Big Ben, Mahomes, he has slayed them all in the playoffs in big moments, all of the above HOF QBs or potential HOF QBs.

Plus, Brady wouldn't want to be mentioned in the same breadth as Favre with the vacillation on retirement. Brady's place in history of NFL and football is as secure as it can be, IMO. 

Mahomes may have had a shot, but it's already too late I think for him to get 6 more. The Chiefs did seem pretty invincible for a while there. 

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am different than a lot of Colts fans. If Tom told the Bucs to trade him here, I would take him in a second. With him I think we could win the SB. I play around at times and say he cheated but he is still the GOAT IMO. Peyton and Montana are the only other 2 that is in that convo IMO.

It's hard to explain, but I feel like Brady wouldn't consider Indy out of respect for Peyton. Like, "This is your team, man."  It'd be like seeing Larry Bird in Lakers yellow or Magic Johnson in Celtics green. 

13 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

You only win a playoff game by 3 points with balls deflated to make them easier to catch and harder to fumble odds of winning are very very low and that is what occurred. John Harbaugh is kinda forgotten in it all but his team was denied a trip to the AFC Finals that season and though Colts likely win and represent the AFC we have no way of knowing. Colts were not the only victim, as much as many hate the Ravens they got screwed over as well.

Multiverse speculation is fun. I respect you standing by the theory that a couple of PSIs changed the course of NFL history. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Mahomes may have had a shot, but it's already too late I think for him to get 6 more. The Chiefs did seem pretty invincible for a while there. 

It's hard to explain, but I feel like Brady wouldn't consider Indy out of respect for Peyton. Like, "This is your team, man."  It'd be like seeing Larry Bird in Lakers yellow or Magic Johnson in Celtics green. 

Multiverse speculation is fun. I respect you standing by the theory that a couple of PSIs changed the course of NFL history. 

Yeah I don't think Tom would ever play here either because it is like Magic vs Bird but I would take him if he wanted to come here :thmup:. Winning just 2 SB's is extremely tough, only 12 have done it. I was glad Peyton got that 2nd one because that put him in a new light. Mahomes may end up like Rodgers and only win 1, who knows. Brees only won 1.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Me and the whole rest of the world honestly, never heard one person claim it wasnt a huge advantage until now, heard people deny Tom asked for it and some try and claim it happened randomly BUT to see it doesnt affect a game, , nope not realistic at all. Of course it did....lol

53 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Me and the whole rest of the world honestly, never heard one person claim it wasnt a huge advantage until now, heard people deny Tom asked for it and some try and claim it happened randomly BUT to see it doesnt affect a game, , nope not realistic at all. Of course it did....lol

I'm going to hate myself for this later, but... you did actually watch the Deflategate game, right? Pre-halftime, "illegal" footballs, Patriots score 17 points. After the half, with the most properly inflated balls in the history of football, they put up 28.

Some people will believe whatever they want to believe, I suppose. 

22 minutes ago, GoPats said:

I'm going to hate myself for this later, but... you did actually watch the Deflategate game, right? Pre-halftime, "illegal" footballs, Patriots score 17 points. After the half, with the most properly inflated balls in the history of football, they put up 28.

Some people will believe whatever they want to believe, I suppose. 

No biggy, the only thing I will say that is once a team is up 17-7 it makes it much easier to play loose from that point. Down 10 at NE, Luck had huge pressure at that point and so did our D. I think the Pats had the better team anyway but once we fell down by 10 it was over against that team. Luck could come back vs teams like KC and Denver but playing in NE was a different animal. If deflating balls helped them get up 10 it was a huge advantage. I am over it though because I think Tom is the GOAT anyway, Peyton and Montana are the only 2 in that convo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No biggy, the only thing I will say that is once a team is up 17-7 it makes it much easier to play loose from that point. Down 10 at NE, Luck had huge pressure at that point and so did our D. I think the Pats had the better team anyway but once we fell down by 10 it was over against that team. Luck could come back vs teams like KC and Denver but playing in NE was a different animal. If deflating balls helped them get up 10 it was a huge advantage. I am over it though because I think Tom is the GOAT anyway, Peyton and Montana are the only 2 in that convo. 

It's old news at this point but I just have a hard time not responding when anyone suggests that a slightly softer football is why their team (and others) lost. 

Did you see the teasers from Florio's upcoming book about what happened the following season? The NFL tested balls at halftime throughout the year, and then their legal counsel ordered all records to be destroyed.

“Why would the league delete the numbers? It’s simple. For cold days, the numbers were too close to the actual numbers generated by the New England footballs at halftime of the playoff game against the Colts. Which means that the numbers generated at halftime of the January 2015 AFC championship were not evidence of cheating, but of the normal operation of air pressure inside a rubber bladder when the temperature drops. Just as it was expected.”

https://www.providencejournal.com/story/sports/2022/02/08/mike-florios-book-playmakers-deflategate-new-england-patriots-nfl/6694262001/

Brady has other things in mind. He's producing and starring in a movie called "80 for Brady", which also stars, Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Sally Fields and Rita Moreno. It's about best friends who go on a road trip to watch Tom Brady in Super Bowl LI.  I doubt that he'll be returning to football anytime soon. He's going Hollywood right now. 

Tom Brady is a fantastic NFL player. Brady's achievement in his career is impressive.

• Two times NFL Offensive Player of the Year
  • NFL Comeback Player of the Year in 2009
  • Four times NFL passing touchdowns leader in 2002, 2007, 2010, 2015

and he gains many awards in his career.

On 2/23/2022 at 6:32 PM, teganslaw said:

Brady has other things in mind. He's producing and starring in a movie called "80 for Brady", which also stars, Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Sally Fields and Rita Moreno. It's about best friends who go on a road trip to watch Tom Brady in Super Bowl LI.  I doubt that he'll be returning to football anytime soon. He's going Hollywood right now. 

Hollywood is a good place for him. The tv shows & movies they make are scripted like his games were haha

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

What would be mind blowing is if we traded for tom Brady if he decided he wanted to play 1 more year. Gronkowski would follow lol. It will never happen but imagine the news stories that would happen if it did. So many different opinions in here so not everyone is going to be pleased with who we get. I just want to win and we would with tom or carr or Jimmy. Settling for a rookie qb or Sam makes no sense as we have a roster that can make a run now. We have money to spend too so I don't want hear that or this guy is too expensive. I have asked the question to a few of the best posters in here that say they don't want Jimmy, who do you want then and all I get is we can't win with him either. This when I say we can't win with sam or a rookie. Winning a sb with anyone will be hard regardless. Peyton only won 1 here. At least with carr or Jimmy we would be relevant and have a chance. My 2 cents.

• Like 1