Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL announces first regular season game in Germany

stitches

https://allianz-arena.com/en/news/2022/02/regular-season-game-nfl-coming-to-the-allianz-arena

NFL Coming to the Allianz Arena

220209_NFLArena_16x9.jpg

American football at the Allianz Arena: theNational Football League (NFL)is making a guest appearance at FC Bayern’s home stadium with a regular season game in 2022. The Allianz Arena has been chosen to host two of four International Series matches to be played in Germany over the next four years. Another two games will take place in Frankfurt. 

FC Bayern CEO Oliver Kahn: “FC Bayern has been working with the NFL since our US office opened in 2014. We're excited to take this next step in our long-term partnership by hosting a regular season NFL game at our home stadium.” 

Andreas Jung, FC Bayern board member responsible for marketing: “Our Allianz Arena offers one of the best atmospheres in sport. The NFL game will be our first non-football event, and thus a milestone. We warmly welcome all American football fans to the FC Bayern stadium.” 

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell: “We look forward to hosting our first game in Germany this year at FC Bayern's fantastic stadium.” 

City of Munich Mayor Dieter Reiter: “It’s a great honour for the state capital Munich to be the first German city to host an NFL regular season game. Many Munich residents will be delighted this spectacular sporting event is coming to their city.” 

The game in Munich will be one of five international NFL matches in 2022, including three in the UK and one in Mexico. The dates and matchups will be announced by the NFL soon. More information can be found at www.nfl.com/munich.

NFL expanding ... 4 more games in Europe over the next 4 years. I just registered for a ticket. Hope I will be able to go. :) 

I like it! :headspin:

Germany has a fast growing number of NFL fans. I think the vicinity to Austria played a role too by the decision to play the first game in Munich. Austria has a big Football community. 

But I hope there will be good teams. 

If the matchup is smth like Giants vs. Panthers, baaah. Else, I try to get tickets. 

Anyway. I'm planning to come to Indy next Season to attempt a home game. 

........................................................................................................................... don't do this to me Jimmy with the Colts... 

On 2/17/2022 at 5:37 PM, stitches said:

........................................................................................................................... don't do this to me Jimmy with the Colts... 

Jimmy giving you the tease haha . Maybe we will open vs Jacks where you are at Winter Olympics Dancing GIF by AUSOlympicTeam

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jimmy giving you the tease haha . Maybe we will open vs Jacks where you are at Winter Olympics Dancing GIF by AUSOlympicTeam

I'm not even sure I will be able to attend or I will be able to get tickets but if we play in Germany it will be a much more realistic option than me travelling to Indianapolis. 

44 minutes ago, stitches said:

I'm not even sure I will be able to attend or I will be able to get tickets but if we play in Germany it will be a much more realistic option than me travelling to Indianapolis. 

That would be awesome if you could attend a game. I am spoiled in a way because I live here in Indianapolis and just have took it for granted going to 2 or 3 games a year during the Manning era and the 1st couple of years Luck was here. I also went to a few games when we had Dickerson and then Harbaugh going way back. It was fun times but as I have got older I prefer to stay at home and watch. Having said that going to a game is real cool. I have been to around 50 or so in my lifetime. I also attended the Colts at Bears game back in 2004. Bears fans are rowdy but we smoked them that day lmao . Peyton and Edge took care of business. Best game I ever attended was the 2009 Sunday night game = 4th and 2 vs the Pats. When Peyton hit Reggie for the game winner the LOS erupted :thmup:

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That would be awesome if you could attend a game. I am spoiled in a way because I live here in Indianapolis and just have took it for granted going to 2 or 3 games a year during the Manning era and the couple of years Luck was here. I also went to a few games when we had Dickerson and then Harbaugh going way back. It was fun times but as I have got older I prefer to stay at home and watch. Having said that going to a game is real cool. I have been to around 50 or so in my lifetime. I also attended the Colts at Bears game back in 2004. Bears fans are rowdy but we smoked them that day lmao . Peyton and Edge took care of business. Best game I ever attended was the 2009 Sunday night game = 4th and 2 vs the Pats. When Peyton hit Reggie for the game winner the LOS erupted :thmup:

You have some awesome memories it seems. I have some great memories from other sports I am a fan of and have attended events in person. Used to be very invested in my local soccer team, was going to every home game, most away games, a few international games. 

I am not entirely sure if the fun of football translates well to watching in person and if it feels more disjointed than watching on TV(example - time between plays, when on TV you usually get replays, is it fun watching what happens during that dead period, the time outs and ad breaks, etc...) , but yeah... I'd love to watch the Colts at least once in person to see what it's like... 

11 minutes ago, stitches said:

You have some awesome memories it seems. I have some great memories from other sports I am a fan of and have attended events in person. Used to be very invested in my local soccer team, was going to every home game, most away games, a few international games. 

I am not entirely sure if the fun of football translates well to watching in person and if it feels more disjointed than watching on TV(example - time between plays, when on TV you usually get replays, is it fun watching what happens during that dead period, the time outs and ad breaks, etc...) , but yeah... I'd love to watch the Colts at least once in person to see what it's like... 

Yeah, I had 3 other friends + myself that would usually attend 2 or 3 games a year and eat at St Elmo as well which is a really great steak house. Great memories mainly during the Manning era. I have been able to see the Pats in 2009 live, 1999 Cowboys when Marv burned Deion haha . A bunch of Jacksonville and Texans games because the tickets were cheap lmao but it was fun. We would always make a day of it. I got Jim Harbaugh's autograph when I attended the 1996 Chargers at Colts game, we lost that game but Harbaugh was a cool dude and had no problem asking him for it. 

Last game I went too was when we beat the Texans 25-3 in 2013 toward the end of the season. Luck took control and we owned that division. I just quit going to games because the ol' gang broke up after that and I just started to get content with watching games at home. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, I had 3 other friends + myself that would usually attend 2 or 3 games a year and eat at St Elmo as well which is a really great steak house. Great memories mainly during the Manning era. I have been able to see the Pats in 2009 live, 1999 Cowboys when Marv burned Deion haha . A bunch of Jacksonville and Texans games because the tickets were cheap lmao but it was fun. We would always make a day of it. I got Jim Harbaugh's autograph when I attended the 1996 Chargers at Colts game, we lost that game but Harbaugh was a cool dude and had no problem asking him for it. 

Last game I went too was when we beat the Texans 25-3 in 2013 toward the end of the season. Luck took control and we owned that division. I just quit going to games because the ol' gang broke up after that and I just started to get content with watching games at home. 

I went to a lot of games at the RCA dome that were fun but I think that was bc we were young and would drink a lot. Went to the Raiders game this year to finally see LOS but I doubt we will go again. Between tickets, parking, cheap meal and fuel we spent $400 and didn’t even drink and seats were not that great either.  Cool stadium but I much prefer watching at home.  We do attend a Purdue game every year.  Not a fan but it’s 20min away and usually get 2 tickets in the first 30 rows, dinner and parking for $100.  Saw them upset Michigan St this year and the fans stormed the field.  Was a blast but I think we were the only sober ones there lol. Every other year we go down to Knoxville for a Tennessee game but we bring the kids and dress in that obnoxious orange and sing Rocky Top as loud as we can until our voices start to give out. 

14 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I went to a lot of games at the RCA dome that were fun but I think that was bc we were young and would drink a lot. Went to the Raiders game this year to finally see LOS but I doubt we will go again. Between tickets, parking, cheap meal and fuel we spent $400 and didn’t even drink and seats were not that great either.  Cool stadium but I much prefer watching at home.  We do attend a Purdue game every year.  Not a fan but it’s 20min away and usually get 2 tickets in the first 30 rows, dinner and parking for $100.  Saw them upset Michigan St this year and the fans stormed the field.  Was a blast but I think we were the only sober ones there lol. Every other year we go down to Knoxville for a Tennessee game but we bring the kids and dress in that obnoxious orange and sing Rocky Top as loud as we can until our voices start to give out. 

Yeah last game I went too was in 2013 when Luck ripped the Texans apart but between ticket prices, St Elmo and Beer it was pricey. I am like Andrew now as in content watching from my recliner. @stitcheshas never seen the Colts live so I thought I would chime in on this thread.

The RCA dome was a true HFA, man the only playoff game I went too was vs Denver back in 2004 and we blew them out. The noise was so loud in that building :thmup:

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah last game I went too was in 2013 when Luck ripped the Texans apart but between ticket prices, St Elmo and Beer it was pricey. I am like Andrew now as in content watching from my recliner. @stitcheshas never seen the Colts live so I thought I would chime in on this thread.

The RCA dome was a true HFA, man the only playoff game I went too was vs Denver back in 2004 and we blew them out. The noise was so loud in that building :thmup:

I hope he has a chance to go.  Everyone should experience it at least once.  Preferably with friends and lots of beer!!

Archived