Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cade Otton - TE - Washington

16 hours ago, Matabix said:

Saw the tape. Only knock on him is he goes down easy. Looks like great hands and tremendous body control. How well does he block?

He is good blocking in pas protection but not so good in run game 

I think he compares a bit to coby fleener but with better hands, more toughness and he can block which coby never could do. However as a receiver and route runner coby was good (think of Saints Fleener not Colts Fleener).

Otton makes guys miss in the open field and gets open alot over the middle which is something the Colts dont have right now. 

I dont really know much about Granson but from what i saw he is limited in his ability to get separation - he would be better used as a H back or something 

Anyway Otton could really take this team to the next level - just my take 

23 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

If we draft someone else at 47, say CB Kaiir Elam or WR Wan'Dale Robinson maybe, and Otton comes off the board before our 3rd round pick at 82, I would advise taking a look at TE Jake Ferguson from Wisconsin as an alternative.  Not as prolific a pass catcher, but a strong run blocker.

In another thread, my computer for Ferguson was Jack Doyle. I look at the tape and sometimes it’s like the same player. If you wanted to just replace Doyle, Ferguson could do it. But I think this TE class gives you the option to upgrade the TE position and get more than what you got out of guys like Doyle and MAC.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

In another thread, my computer for Ferguson was Jack Doyle. I look at the tape and sometimes it’s like the same player. If you wanted to just replace Doyle, Ferguson could do it. But I think this TE class gives you the option to upgrade the TE position and get more than what you got out of guys like Doyle and MAC.

I would like a difference maker at No.47 and the TE position is deep enough that I feel a guy like Ferguson might still be sitting around in Round 4 and another receiving TE that can add playmaking is Cole Turner of Nevada too, both should be there on Day 3 (Rounds 4 and above). I do think for a team like ours that likes to run and control clock if possible, a TE like Ferguson fits real well. You have to give Granson time to develop as well, so I am thinking a Day 2 WR and a Day 3 inline blocking TE is what I think the Colts will add.

I still think No.47 will be an OT (if someone good drops) or CB first before WR in Round 3 but I wouldn't complain at all if we got a WR first.

I am curious to see how Elam and Gordon show up at the combine and their speed and measurements work out. Metchie, Tolbert, Wan'Dale Robinson are all fine prospects for Day 2. Maybe the best we do right now is get a good swing tackle in the draft on Day 3 for a backup at best, roll with Fisher along with re-signing Pryor if we don't get our hands on any good OT that drops, and get quality players at CB and WR on Day 2 and TE on Day 3. Practically, that seems to make the most sense. 

8 hours ago, chad72 said:

I would like a difference maker at No.47 and the TE position is deep enough that I feel a guy like Ferguson might still be sitting around in Round 4 and another receiving TE that can add playmaking is Cole Turner of Nevada too, both should be there on Day 3 (Rounds 4 and above). I do think for a team like ours that likes to run and control clock if possible, a TE like Ferguson fits real well. You have to give Granson time to develop as well, so I am thinking a Day 2 WR and a Day 3 inline blocking TE is what I think the Colts will add.

I still think No.47 will be an OT (if someone good drops) or CB first before WR in Round 3 but I wouldn't complain at all if we got a WR first.

I am curious to see how Elam and Gordon show up at the combine and their speed and measurements work out. Metchie, Tolbert, Wan'Dale Robinson are all fine prospects for Day 2. Maybe the best we do right now is get a good swing tackle in the draft on Day 3 for a backup at best, roll with Fisher along with re-signing Pryor if we don't get our hands on any good OT that drops, and get quality players at CB and WR on Day 2 and TE on Day 3. Practically, that seems to make the most sense. 

A guy like Otton can be a difference maker. I also really like Isaiah Likely out of Coastal Carolina. He’s really athletic. Despite his size, I like Granson as a blocker as a H-back/Fullback Hybrid. We need an athletic receiving TE. Ferguson fits in terms of what we want to do and I wouldn’t be terribly upset if they drafted him. TE isn’t necessarily a huge need but a true mismatch TE would really take this offense to another level.

I see us getting a TE in round 3-4 as well. 2nd round should be an OT (I like the Bernard guy from Central Michigan) but we saw last year how quickly OT’s get snatched up in the 2nd round. 

Archived