Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Harbaugh to Minnesota Vikings -- No (staying at Michigan for now)

danlhart87

Jim Harbaugh was pretty cool when I met him back in 1996, he does say some odd things at times in the media. Jim just being Jim. I don't think him interviewing with Minnesota will affect how Michigan or his players feel about him. Other coaches have done that over the years, he was just exploring options. Jim took a paycut to stay with Michigan.

On 2/2/2022 at 7:30 AM, NFLfan said:

@VikingsFanInChennai  Thoughts?? I think he may keep Kirk. As long as we win, I don't care. :D

With Kirk, we won't win enough, even if you brought God on the sidelines, because ultimately it's the QB who needs to process the Defense and make critical decisions with play clock winding down, especially with little time left on the clock in the game. For the start, kirk can't even minimize false start penalties in critical situations or putting little more effort into taking the drive to field goal range more often when many drives Stall closer to the range, for goodness sake. Guy has great classroom IQ but zero or negative IQ practically, great guy for podium talks but criminally ill-fitted to waste more years of an  organization that has won nothing in 50 years. 

He's just not cut out for winning trophies, he's great for having some fun passages of drives here and there in the season that will keep him in the league as highest paid QB until he chooses to retire. I have no delusions about him. No one can just make him work in any way possible, please don't fall for off-season hype, even if we change everything around him.

How'd it work out for Kyle Shanahan and Jimmy G in one Super Bowl and another NFC Championship game? There's only so much everyone else other than the QB could do to win NFL championships. Without the right QB, you just can't win Super Bowl, it could happen once in a while for some team but if Vikings' entire plan is to make that work to win a Super Bowl, then they will fall flat on their face every time. 

I hope the new GM and HC don't fall for such, or they will get themselves fired sooner or later and we'd be talking this same, half a decade later. 

I was following occasionally the interview updates, I have doubts Vikings rejected Harbaugh, because if he really wanted to be in the NFL, he'd have got another team by now. Ultimately it's his decision to stay, I guess. Maybe, he wanted to see if Vikings would give him more authority or whatever he desired to have in his control, and in that case we can't discuss much without having any clue about the finer details. 

I'd go for O'Connell if they wanted an offensive coach's mind, as rams offense at least has a variety of packages to throw at a defense with some clever disguises and personnel groupings. Whether he's knowledgeable enough on that or in play calling, I'm not sure. I'd be glad with Raheem Morris too, but not sure who the OC would be in his camp and how good that offense could be - that's the only concern with him. Either way, we should avoid another DeFelippo situation. 

I guess Vikings will get one of them after the Super Bowl, so no worries. One of them will come, as the organization and team are well liked with great situation in the division for years to come. 

Yet with kirk in place, I'm not having any plans to pay for NFL GAME PASS anytime sooner. 

42 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I'd go for O'Connell if they wanted an offensive coach's mind

Thank you for your thoughts. It sounds like we will hire O'Connell. We had four finalists -- all but O'Connell have been told we will not hire them. So, it is assumed that O'Connell will be our head coach. However, it sounds like other teams are vying for his services. The Jags have a young QBoTF while we have Kirk.

Yeah, I am more than ready to move on from Kirk. We need to draft a QB in the 2023 draft. I heard that this draft does not have a strong group of QB prospects. 

Let's see what happens. 

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you for your thoughts. It sounds like we will hire O'Connell. We had four finalists -- all but O'Connell have been told we will not hire them. So, it is assumed that O'Connell will be our head coach. However, it sounds like other teams are vying for his services. The Jags have a young QBoTF while we have Kirk.

Yeah, I am more than ready to move on from Kirk. We need to draft a QB in the 2023 draft. I heard that this draft does not have a strong group of QB prospects. 

Let's see what happens. 

Captain Kirk Drinking GIF by Star Trek

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Let's see what happens. 

I see Vikings could get 35 million relief by trading Kirk, before or after June 1. Smartness suggests you could get a lot of draft picks by trading him in a supposedly weak draft class when many teams are looking for a QB. Vikings could get at least a couple of first round draft picks for a much hyped QB like him. 

They could strengthen team with that cap space and use the draft picks to move high up from #12 to get a QB or some other surefire talent, or could accumulate draft pick for next year.. 

We could see if the draft works out or get a serviceable QB who could get some top draft pick for next year... There are qbs like Taysom Hill or teddy who could be available to manage for a year. 

Ha ha, that would be the last thing I would expect to happen with Vikings though. 

---------

Jags don't come across as a good organization to choose after lot of questionable debacles over last few years, even with the promise of coaching someone like Trevor Lawrence. But if they are willing to focus on building roster from now on, they could be an exciting offer. Let's see, I think the new coach could bring his coaches after super bowl, I think worrying about that time delay is overrated. 

Is Vic Fangio looking for a vacant DC spot? Is there any indication who would be DC in Kevin O'Connell camp? 

4 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I see Vikings could get 35 million relief by trading Kirk, before or after June 1. Smartness suggests you could get a lot of draft picks by trading him in a supposedly weak draft class when many teams are looking for a QB. Vikings could get at least a couple of first round draft picks for a much hyped QB like him. 

They could strengthen team with that cap space and use the draft picks to move high up from #12 to get a QB or some other surefire talent, or could accumulate draft pick for next year.. 

We could see if the draft works out or get a serviceable QB who could get some top draft pick for next year... There are qbs like Taysom Hill or teddy who could be available to manage for a year. 

Ha ha, that would be the last thing I would expect to happen with Vikings though. 

---------

Jags don't come across as a good organization to choose after lot of questionable debacles over last few years, even with the promise of coaching someone like Trevor Lawrence. But if they are willing to focus on building roster from now on, they could be an exciting offer. Let's see, I think the new coach could bring his coaches after super bowl, I think worrying about that time delay is overrated. 

Is Vic Fangio looking for a vacant DC spot? Is there any indication who would be DC in Kevin O'Connell camp? 

Captain Kirk Agree GIF by Star Trek

19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Captain Kirk Drinking GIF by Star Trek

I don't think everyone knows that you post that because you think Cousins is Captain Kirk. On Vikings sites the fans call him Beaker. He is always Kirk or Cousins to me. But he has not played like a captain. Eric Kendricks or Adam Thielen are Captains. CJ Ham is seen as a leader too but he is a FB and does not get much play.

Archived