Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Harbaugh to Minnesota Vikings -- No (staying at Michigan for now)

danlhart87

27 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Is it official? None of the Vikings sites have confirmed it but for a couple of days, we have heard that Harbaugh may join our new GM in Viking land. They have worked together before and they get along. 

Not official. He’s interviewing tomorrow. 

10 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Not official. He’s interviewing tomorrow. 

That is what I thought. Thank you! There is also a chance he goes to Miami but with what has come out today with the Dolphins, I am not sure that he would want to go there. 

25 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That is what I thought. Thank you! There is also a chance he goes to Miami but with what has come out today with the Dolphins, I am not sure that he would want to go there. 

I’m surprised he wants to come back to the NFL. He’s got all the power in Michigan and he’s practically a god there. 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Congrats @NFLfan. Do you like the hire? 

Is it official? I have some guarded optimism. I am a Stanford football fan and he was great. Do you think he can get Luck out of retirement? Just kidding but he was the one that recruited Luck to Stanford, if I recall correctly.

We need a QB. I was watching Senior Bowl practice yesterday and thought of you and the other scouting experts of this forum.

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Is it official? I have some guarded optimism. I am a Stanford football fan and he was great. Do you think he can get Luck out of retirement? Just kidding but he was the one that recruited Luck to Stanford, if I recall correctly.

We need a QB. I was watching Senior Bowl practice yesterday and thought of you and the other scouting experts of this forum.

Oh, no... I didn't know it wasn't official. I just read the thread and assumed it's a done deal. Did I just Belichick you? :D 

Where did you watch the Senior Bowl practices? I tried to find it on the various ESPN channels but didn't find. 

P.S. Luck is gone. I don't think he's coming back for anybody. :Cry:

45 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Back up the truck and start unloading the draft picks!

53 minutes ago, stitches said:

Where did you watch the Senior Bowl practices? I tried to find it on the various ESPN channels but didn't find. 

I saw it on NFL Network. I was not following closely. One QB looks like Herbert -- appearance not necessarily his play. (Pickett, I think.)

The announcers were high on this small school prospect who plays defense.  I don't recall his name. It is the type of player Ballard may like. 

(Excuse any typos. I left home without my reading glasses.)

41 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

You had my hopes up. 

Originally I wanted O'Connell because of his relationship with Cousins. Now, I feel silly. My team spent 9 hours with this other candidate only to not offer him the job. That is not good. My oh my. 

• NFLfan changed the title to Jim Harbaugh to Minnesota Vikings -- No (staying at Michigan for now)
8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You had my hopes up. 

Originally I wanted O'Connell because of his relationship with Cousins. Now, I feel silly. My team spent 9 hours with this other candidate only to not offer him the job. That is not good. My oh my. 

I was getting ready to congratulate you on hiring Jim but I knew it wasn't a done deal. I think he would've done well in Minnesota.

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You had my hopes up. 

Why take the interview if he had no intention of taking the job.    Jim is an odd fellow

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Why take the interview if he had no intention of taking the job.    Jim is an odd fellow

Yeah he seems odd, I met him one time and got his autograph back in 1996 when we played the Chargers. My mom loves him so she keeps the autograph picture at her house season 3 laughing GIF- Captain comeback in 1995 was a special year.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was getting ready to congratulate you on hiring Jim but I knew it wasn't a done deal. I think he would've done well in Minnesota.

Yeah, I would have liked that.

I am a little disgusted by their decision. It does not look good. SMH

35 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

You should be happy. If he brings anything to the Vikings he had to the Rams it will be a fun team to watch.

Serious question: What did he bring to the Rams? What do you have to support that statement? He does not call plays. He has not been the OC for long. The Rams offense was pretty good before he got there.

Note: I'm on record on another thread from weeks ago that I wanted the Vikes to strongly consider O'Connell. For me it was because he has a history with our QB. 

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Serious question: What did he bring to the Rams? What do you have to support that statement? He does not call plays. He has not been the OC for long. The Rams offense was pretty good before he got there.

Note: I'm on record on another thread from weeks ago that I wanted the Vikes to strongly consider O'Connell. For me it was because he has a history with our QB. 

He was still the OC. You don’t think he gained a lot of knowledge from Mcvay? He still had a hand in designing plays. I don’t know much about his leadership but it seems that as a offensive mind he might bring a lot.

59 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

He was still the OC. You don’t think he gained a lot of knowledge from Mcvay? He still had a hand in designing plays. I don’t know much about his leadership but it seems that as a offensive mind he might bring a lot.

How is he different from other OCs that come from successful offenses? McVay's offense is not the only one that is explosive. He has only 7 years of total coaching experience.  Anyway, I don't want to go back and forth. I thought maybe you had other evidence that separates him from other OCs. 

(On the Vikings site, a few fans shared that the only year that he called plays, his offense was ranked 31st or 32nd, albeit he did not have great talent.)

23 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I'm now okay with the hire. I needed to sleep on it. I was so pumped up before, thinking that Harbaugh was the guy. It seems that O'Connell was the person the Vikes wanted to hire all along. I had wanted O'Connell when Zimmer was fired because all the previous guys from the McVay tree have been successful. However, I never thought Harbaugh would be an option at at that time. Apparently, Harbaugh really wanted the job but left without an offer.  Who knows?!

Anyway, thank you for trying to help me see the positive side of the hire. 

5 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Vikings are taking a huge risk with him still being in the SB. He could change his mind.

Yeah, that is a huge risk, especially because he has to wait until after the Super Bowl to officially assemble his staff. 

Archived