Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official 2022 Reese’s Senior Bowl Thread


Recommended Posts

MODs it would be great if we could pin this.

 

Its that time of year again. We can start keeping track of practice standouts. I guess we could also talk about the shrine game too. So far I think all of the measurements are out. I will post some that I think are meaningful. But, I’m glad the Senior Bowl is back. It’s my favorite pre-draft event. This is an interesting year too with all but one of the top 6 QBs present, and all the top 6-8 TEs besides one represented.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, stitches said:

This seems like a relatively good TE class... I wouldn't mind it if we drafted one... and relatively high. 


My reading says this….   A very strong class of Day 2 and Day 3 TE’s.    Maybe one might go in the first?    Wydemeyer or McBride, but unlikely that both would.    So, if we’re looking R’s 2-5, we might find just what we’re looking for. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

It’s not on NFL Network this year?


Im not sure what they’re doing live, and what they’re doing taped.   I looked mid-morning West Coast time and nothing.   But later in the afternoon, there was a taped one hour day one recap.   I’m NOT saying that’s all they’re doing,  only that’s all I saw on Day One. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FYI its airing on the following:

 

Wednesday Feb 2nd:

12:30 to 2:30pm - National Team - ESPNU

3pm to 5pm - American Team - ESPN2

8pm to 9pm - Recap Show - NFL NETWORK

 

Thursday Feb 3rd:

12:30 to 2:30pm - National Team - ESPNU

3pm to 5pm - American Team - ESPN2

5pm: Shriners Bowl Game - NFL NETWORK

Following Shriners - Recap Show - NFL NETWORK

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here are the official measurements from the Senior Bowl. I will post the OT's measurements that IMO fit what Ballard likely is looking for(taking into account his statements from last year that they didn't think many of the OTs were fitting their mold(i.e. they had too short arms). For all intents and purposes I will be counting everything over 34" arms as a good fit, we can watch the tapes later and determine if they truly project as OTs in the league:

 

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2022-reeses-senior-bowl-bowl-weigh-in-measurement-results

 

 

 

T Abe Lucas, Washington State

Height: 6'6″
Weight: 322
Arm Length: 34 5/8″
Wingspan: 81 3/8″
Hand: 10 3/8″

 

T Andrew Stueber, Michigan

Height: 6'6″
Weight: 327
Arm Length: 34 1/8″
Wingspan: 81 3/4″
Hand: 10 1/8″

 

T Braxton Jones, Southern Utah

Height: 6'5″
Weight: 306
Arm Length: 36″ !!!
Wingspan: 84 1/4″
Hand: 10 1/8″

 

T Cade Mays, Tennessee

Height: 6'4″
Weight: 321
Arm Length: 34 1/4″
Wingspan: 82 3/8″
Hand: 9 7/8″

 

T Chris Paul, Tulsa

Height: 6’3”
Weight: 324
Arm Length: 34”
Wingspan: 82 1/4”
Hand: 9 3/8”

 

 

T Daniel Faalele, Minnesota

Height: 6’8”
Weight: 387
Arm Length: 35 3/8”
Wingspan: 86 1/4”
Hand: 11” 

 

Faalele is HUGE and has really long arms. I have to watch him. He seems to be one that might be there for us to draft. 

 

T Darian Kinnard, Kentucky

Height: 6’5”
Weight: 324
Arm Length: 34 5/8”
Wingspan: 83”
Hand: 11 1/2”

 

Kinnard -another possible option for us in the second.

 

T Jamaree Salyer, Georgia

Height: 6’2”
Weight: 320
Arm Length: 34”
Wingspan: 80”
Hand: 9 1/2”

 

T Matt Waletzko, North Dakota

Height: 6'6″
Weight: 310
Arm Length: 35 1/8″
Wingspan: 85 3/4″
Hand: 10 1/8″

 

T Spencer Burford, UTSA

Height: 6’3″
Weight: 293
Arm Length: 34 1/4″
Wingspan: 82 1/4″
Hand: 9 1/2″

 

T Trevor Penning, Northern Iowa

Height: 6’6″
Weight: 330
Arm Length: 34 3/4″
Wingspan: 83 5/8″

Hand: 10 1/4″

 

 

Seems like a ton of OL prospects covered the 34" arm threshold. No idea if they were generous when measuring... I will need them to be confirmed at the combine.  

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And here are the CBs that cover the 32" arm threshold: 

 

CB Akayleb Evans, Missouri

Height: 6'2″
Weight: 201
Arm Length: 32 3/8″
Wingspan: 74 5/8″
Hand: 8 3/4″

 

CB Jaylen Watson, Washington State

Height: 5’10”
Weight: 197
Arm Length: 32 5/8”
Wingspan: 76 5/8”
Hand: 9 1/2”

 

CB Joshua Williams, Fayetteville State (N.C.) [Div. 2]

Height: 6'2″
Weight: 193
Arm Length: 32 1/4″
Wingspan: 78 1/8″
Hand: 9 1/4″

 

CB Tariq Woolen, UTSA

Height: 6’3″
Weight: 205
Arm Length: 33 1/2″
Wingspan: 79″
Hand: 8 5/8″

 

 

Not many CBs with long arms... 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, stitches said:

Here are the official measurements from the Senior Bowl. I will post the OT's measurements that IMO fit what Ballard likely is looking for(taking into account his statements from last year that they didn't think many of the OTs were fitting their mold(i.e. they had too short arms). For all intents and purposes I will be counting everything over 34" arms as a good fit, we can watch the tapes later and determine if they truly project as OTs in the league:

 

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2022-reeses-senior-bowl-bowl-weigh-in-measurement-results

 

 

 

T Abe Lucas, Washington State

Height: 6'6″
Weight: 322
Arm Length: 34 5/8″
Wingspan: 81 3/8″
Hand: 10 3/8″

 

T Andrew Stueber, Michigan

Height: 6'6″
Weight: 327
Arm Length: 34 1/8″
Wingspan: 81 3/4″
Hand: 10 1/8″

 

T Braxton Jones, Southern Utah

Height: 6'5″
Weight: 306
Arm Length: 36″ !!!
Wingspan: 84 1/4″
Hand: 10 1/8″

 

T Cade Mays, Tennessee

Height: 6'4″
Weight: 321
Arm Length: 34 1/4″
Wingspan: 82 3/8″
Hand: 9 7/8″

 

T Chris Paul, Tulsa

Height: 6’3”
Weight: 324
Arm Length: 34”
Wingspan: 82 1/4”
Hand: 9 3/8”

 

 

T Daniel Faalele, Minnesota

Height: 6’8”
Weight: 387
Arm Length: 35 3/8”
Wingspan: 86 1/4”
Hand: 11” 

 

Faalele is HUGE and has really long arms. I have to watch him. He seems to be one that might be there for us to draft. 

 

T Darian Kinnard, Kentucky

Height: 6’5”
Weight: 324
Arm Length: 34 5/8”
Wingspan: 83”
Hand: 11 1/2”

 

Kinnard -another possible option for us in the second.

 

T Jamaree Salyer, Georgia

Height: 6’2”
Weight: 320
Arm Length: 34”
Wingspan: 80”
Hand: 9 1/2”

 

T Matt Waletzko, North Dakota

Height: 6'6″
Weight: 310
Arm Length: 35 1/8″
Wingspan: 85 3/4″
Hand: 10 1/8″

 

T Spencer Burford, UTSA

Height: 6’3″
Weight: 293
Arm Length: 34 1/4″
Wingspan: 82 1/4″
Hand: 9 1/2″

 

T Trevor Penning, Northern Iowa

Height: 6’6″
Weight: 330
Arm Length: 34 3/4″
Wingspan: 83 5/8″

Hand: 10 1/4″

 

 

Seems like a ton of OL prospects covered the 34" arm threshold. No idea if they were generous when measuring... I will need them to be confirmed at the combine.  

 

 

 

From what I’ve read, Faalele had a bad first day of practice. Said he can swallow up smaller rushers, but the rest of his game is a mess. Reminds of Zach Banner.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stitches said:

And here are the CBs that cover the 32" arm threshold: 

 

CB Akayleb Evans, Missouri

Height: 6'2″
Weight: 201
Arm Length: 32 3/8″
Wingspan: 74 5/8″
Hand: 8 3/4″

 

CB Jaylen Watson, Washington State

Height: 5’10”
Weight: 197
Arm Length: 32 5/8”
Wingspan: 76 5/8”
Hand: 9 1/2”

 

CB Joshua Williams, Fayetteville State (N.C.) [Div. 2]

Height: 6'2″
Weight: 193
Arm Length: 32 1/4″
Wingspan: 78 1/8″
Hand: 9 1/4″

 

CB Tariq Woolen, UTSA

Height: 6’3″
Weight: 205
Arm Length: 33 1/2″
Wingspan: 79″
Hand: 8 5/8″

 

 

Not many CBs with long arms... 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Even without the arm length, Joshua Williams sounds like a Ballard pick if I have ever seen one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ridder looked good in 7v7... Kenny Picket fumbled a center exchange under center...  he had 7 fumbles this season, lost 4. This is part of the reason why teams are worried about hand size - it presents problems for QB's ball security. 

 

And just as I said that, Ridder threw a duck on the swing pass... kind of ugly.... followed by a good tight window throw... that's kind of the Ridder experience I remembered from last year - some intriguing things mixed in with some ugly stuff throughout his tape. 

 

Carson Strong sailed a clean TD pass down the seam. 

 

I'm not sure any QB is looking great so far. All are kind of a mixed bag. (worth pointing out it's raining)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jeremy Ruckert may be surpassing Tre McBride as TE1. He catches everything and he’s been bullying Jalen Pitre. Dude is freaking huge too.

 

25 minutes ago, stitches said:

Malik Willis looks like the best QB on the field today. Making plays both with his arm and with his feet. The ball comes out different from his arm. 

 

I don’t think he would make it past the Colts. Ballard loves those traits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Jeremy Ruckert may be surpassing Tre McBride as TE1. He catches everything and he’s been bullying Jalen Pitre. Dude is freaking huge too.

 

 

I don’t think he would make it past the Colts. Ballard loves those traits.


Plays physical too in the run game. He would take Doyle’s role and be an upgrade. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Jeremy Ruckert may be surpassing Tre McBride as TE1. He catches everything and he’s been bullying Jalen Pitre. Dude is freaking huge too.

 

 

I don’t think he would make it past the Colts. Ballard loves those traits.

I was just thinking how uninspiring this QB class is. At least the ones I have watched. This is both on tape and on the field at the Senior bowl. Except for... Willis... he's a true outlier here in every way possible. I don't think any of the other QBs have anything they can do at an exceptional level in the NFL. Willis actually has some truly exceptional traits that I think can hold up even in the league(athleticism, arm, big play ability - both with his arm and with his legs).

 

And then... then I started looking at PFF's heat-charts from the QBs... It's so interesting to see where those QBs excel and where they need work. And if you look at those... again... Willis's heat chart just jumps straight at you as something not quite like the others. It legitimate can be part of one of those "what's not like the others?" questions... it's so striking - he is the only QB in this draft that is above average throwing outside the numbers both left and right.... all the other ones are below average(Howell is above average to the right but below average to the left). Some excel in the short game(Corral), some have mixed success with clear right handside lean(Howell), some are great in the middle of the field(Pickett), some love the seams(Ridder)... but only one of them is exceptional outside the numbers... on both sides of the field. 

 

Now some worrying things about Willis - average time to throw is really high(5th highest in the entire country), probably lacks feel for in rhythm execution of the offense. He's a bit of ... hero ball player. But he's exquisite doing it. 

 

It's so weird that I like him because he does some of the exact things I hate about Wentz - holds the ball, no rhtyhm to his game, trouble hitting the simple play... 

 

I don't know... I will keep watching him, but Willis definitely feels like the guy that has the highest upside of anyone in this draft. Now the question is - do you trust your coaches to develop him and focus his wild tendencies into a productive direction?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Shive pinned this topic
3 hours ago, stitches said:

I was just thinking how uninspiring this QB class is. At least the ones I have watched. This is both on tape and on the field at the Senior bowl. Except for... Willis... he's a true outlier here in every way possible. I don't think any of the other QBs have anything they can do at an exceptional level in the NFL. Willis actually has some truly exceptional traits that I think can hold up even in the league(athleticism, arm, big play ability - both with his arm and with his legs).

 

And then... then I started looking at PFF's heat-charts from the QBs... It's so interesting to see where those QBs excel and where they need work. And if you look at those... again... Willis's heat chart just jumps straight at you as something not quite like the others. It legitimate can be part of one of those "what's not like the others?" questions... it's so striking - he is the only QB in this draft that is above average throwing outside the numbers both left and right.... all the other ones are below average(Howell is above average to the right but below average to the left). Some excel in the short game(Corral), some have mixed success with clear right handside lean(Howell), some are great in the middle of the field(Pickett), some love the seams(Ridder)... but only one of them is exceptional outside the numbers... on both sides of the field. 

 

Now some worrying things about Willis - average time to throw is really high(5th highest in the entire country), probably lacks feel for in rhythm execution of the offense. He's a bit of ... hero ball player. But he's exquisite doing it. 

 

It's so weird that I like him because he does some of the exact things I hate about Wentz - holds the ball, no rhtyhm to his game, trouble hitting the simple play... 

 

I don't know... I will keep watching him, but Willis definitely feels like the guy that has the highest upside of anyone in this draft. Now the question is - do you trust your coaches to develop him and focus his wild tendencies into a productive direction?

I think that’s what you have to go for nowadays. There’s no way you watch that Bills and KC Divisional round game and then say “Yeah man Sam Howell can get me to the Super Bowl”. You need the aliens. You need the guy that’s just different than everyone else, and it shows. Say what you want about Lamar Jackson but he’s in that conversation as well. Mahomes, Allen, Prescott, Lamar, Watson. That’s what you’re looking for. The guy with the “wow” factor. In this class, Malik is it. He’s the guy that makes the opposing  DC nervous. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, stitches said:

And here are the CBs that cover the 32" arm threshold: 

 

CB Akayleb Evans, Missouri

Height: 6'2″
Weight: 201
Arm Length: 32 3/8″
Wingspan: 74 5/8″
Hand: 8 3/4″

 

CB Jaylen Watson, Washington State

Height: 5’10”
Weight: 197
Arm Length: 32 5/8”
Wingspan: 76 5/8”
Hand: 9 1/2”

 

CB Joshua Williams, Fayetteville State (N.C.) [Div. 2]

Height: 6'2″
Weight: 193
Arm Length: 32 1/4″
Wingspan: 78 1/8″
Hand: 9 1/4″

 

CB Tariq Woolen, UTSA

Height: 6’3″
Weight: 205
Arm Length: 33 1/2″
Wingspan: 79″
Hand: 8 5/8″

 

 

Not many CBs with long arms... 

 

 

 

I am of the feeling that given the success of Isaiah Rodgers for the Colts, they may be fine with a ball hawking CB that does not exactly meet the long arms requirements if he can ball out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

I am of the feeling that given the success of Isaiah Rodgers for the Colts, they may be fine with a ball hawking CB that does not exactly meet the long arms requirements if he can ball out.

Rodgers meets the requirements. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

Rodgers meets the requirements. 

 

Hmmm...I didn't know that. I just find it hard to believe that if someone like Roger McCreary is there at No.47 (say), the Colts would pass up because he doesn't have the long arms they covet in him. With a new DC, they may mix and match different kind of CBs.

 

Plus, Kenny Moore doesn't fit those measurements, so does it apply only to outside corners? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm all for Willis. Although we're going to have to move up if we do want him. But I'd be all for it. Gotta take risk for one of the highest ceilings in the draft. 

 

Side note, I'm a big fan of Abe Lucas.

 

I also like Boye Mafe and Perrion Winfrey on the DL.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

 

Hmmm...I didn't know that. I just find it hard to believe that if someone like Roger McCreary is there at No.47 (say), the Colts would pass up because he doesn't have the long arms they covet in him. With a new DC, they may mix and match different kind of CBs.

 

Plus, Kenny Moore doesn't fit those measurements, so does it apply only to outside corners? 

Kenny Moore meets the requirements too... 32 5/8" measured at his pro day. 

 

Here's Rodgers ones:

 

 

 

I bet it's not a completely set in stone requirement and there is some nuance there but the player probably needs to hit a lot of their other requirements to be considered if he's not at least close to 32"... 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, stitches said:

Kenny Moore meets the requirements too... 32 5/8" measured at his pro day. 

 

Here's Rodgers ones:

 

 

 

I bet it's not a completely set in stone requirement and there is some nuance there but the player probably needs to hit a lot of their other requirements to be considered if he's not at least close to 32"... 

 

Man, sites vary so much. I looked up another site, it said Kenny Moore was somewhere around 31 and a half.  Oh well...

 

I am curious to see how this ball hawking corner's measurements show up as:

 

I look at this Appalachian State cornerback, Steven Jones Jr., led the nation in pick six INT TDs, a definite ball hawking CB.

 

https://appstatesports.com/sports/football/roster/steven-jones-jr-/6662

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

Man, sites vary so much. I looked up another site, it said Kenny Moore was somewhere around 31 and a half.  Oh well...

 

I am curious to see how this ball hawking corner's measurements show up as:

 

I look at this Appalachian State cornerback, Steven Jones Jr., led the nation in pick six INT TDs, a definite ball hawking CB.

 

https://appstatesports.com/sports/football/roster/steven-jones-jr-/6662

 

 

 

No idea? Is he at the Senior bowl? Doesn't seem like he is. Also not at the Shrine bowl... maybe he's not an NFL level prospect... no idea... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Shive unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...