Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bengals Rams SB 56 Discussion

danlhart87

Even when Brady is not playing, his imprint is all over SB

Brady’s age 44 - 4th seed vs 4th seed

SB year 2022, after Brady’s 22nd season 

Bengals snuffed Mahomes dynasty talk for Brady fans, next Brady fans root for him to be only guy to win SB in home stadium, so Brady fans want “Go Bengals” too.

Sorry folks, can’t get rid of Brady imprints on everything, bwahahaha!!! :jump:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

The Bengals O line is about to get spanked by Aaron Donald and Von Miller. If Joe Burrow wins this game, he is already the best QB in the NFL.

I wouldn't bet against him. He just took Mahomes out. Should be a great SB. You would think the Rams should win, on paper they are better. 

• Like 2

It's the team that built properly through the draft in the Bengals against the team who made risky trades and went for it in the Rams.

I'm personally rooting for the Rams as I love the fact that they threw everything at the wall for the next few years to go for the SB. I respect that. The Braves were .500 at the deadline and traded some prospects to go for a longshot at winning the division and making the playoffs to eventually win the WS. If you think you can do it, go for it. The Rams are basically the Colts, except they nailed the QB trade and it brought them to the SB. I love that for them.

The Bengals are the Colts in the way where they built through the draft, except they hit on the premium positions and it has brought them to the SB. The only big help from FA they got was Trey Hendrickson if I remember right. So you have two teams that took the things the Colts did, or versions of them, and succeeded at them to get to the SB.

I think the Rams have an advantage as long as their offense isn't hurt too bad from this game today. Higbee was hurt, Akers was hurt, Jefferson was hurt, I know Ramsey was hurt. The 49ers looked like they played dirty and banged them up. Neither run game looked particularly effective IMO, so I think it'll be a balanced offensive and defensive game where points are more scarce then some think.

Rams have the home-field advantage as well and I believe that will give them a big advantage in the SB. 

Rams 27

Bengals 20

38 minutes ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

Really looking forward to this Superbowl for the following reasons...

#1 Patriots didn't make it

#2 Steelers won't be playing

#3 no Tom Brady playing

#4 no patty mahomes and his annoying fiance and brother.

#5 no divisional rival playing

Exactly! Those are the same reasons why I will enjoy this SB like no other the past years. 

I'm still in shock that the Bengals made it this far.. But Joe tore it up at LSU (played the greatest college career ever right?) before coming to the NFL. 

5 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I keep hearing Burrow is young and can make it back

That's true but Stafford is only 33 and can certainly make it back several times 

It's not like this is only shot 

True i guess. But it feels like the way the Rams built this team like this was a last ditch effort.. But if Brady is actually done.. and rodgers takes off. the NFC is kinda.... open.

But for that reason you mentioned, is why I'm rooting for the Rams. Like the NBA finals CP3 vs Giannis both good dudes.. but one is older and doesnt have as many chances left. And What a redemption story for Matt Stafford. Joe burrow will be duking it out for years with Allen, Jackson, Mahomes and Wentz :thmup:

Interesting matchup. Mike Browns 30 year plan works beautifully. Took over the Bengals in 1991, 30 years of complete futility and ineptitude, then boom,  has a team that just 2 years ago won 2 games(2019 season) then this year he finally wins his first playoff game victory and eventually makes it to the sb. Wow. What makes it even more remarkable, Joe Burrow goes to the sb in just his 3rd season, it took the greatest qb of all time 9 seasons to get there!! The Rams? Yesterday was the third game this season I watched them. I disagree with anyone who says they are "loaded" with talent. Their linebackers are useless. Reeder? Reeder couldn't make the Colts practice squad. They have made so many trades over the past 5 years and made completely awful draft picks the team is devoid of talent and has no depth. Anyone who criticizes Ballard on this forum should be removed immediately. I get it why the nfl is infatuated with LA, it is the second largest city in the country, but yesterdays game was a disgrace to the league. A conference championship game with way too many visiting fans there because the home team just doesn't have enough fans who care. Another big winner yesterday was Stan Kronke, gets another sb to help get a return on the stadium he and the nfl built. Congrats Stan.

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's the team that built properly through the draft in the Bengals against the team who made risky trades and went for it in the Rams.

I'm personally rooting for the Rams as I love the fact that they threw everything at the wall for the next few years to go for the SB. I respect that. The Braves were .500 at the deadline and traded some prospects to go for a longshot at winning the division and making the playoffs to eventually win the WS. If you think you can do it, go for it. The Rams are basically the Colts, except they nailed the QB trade and it brought them to the SB. I love that for them.

The Bengals are the Colts in the way where they built through the draft, except they hit on the premium positions and it has brought them to the SB. The only big help from FA they got was Trey Hendrickson if I remember right. So you have two teams that took the things the Colts did, or versions of them, and succeeded at them to get to the SB.

I think the Rams have an advantage as long as their offense isn't hurt too bad from this game today. Higbee was hurt, Akers was hurt, Jefferson was hurt, I know Ramsey was hurt. The 49ers looked like they played dirty and banged them up. Neither run game looked particularly effective IMO, so I think it'll be a balanced offensive and defensive game where points are more scarce then some think.

Rams have the home-field advantage as well and I believe that will give them a big advantage in the SB. 

Rams 27

Bengals 20

The Bengals built their offense through the draft, but built the defense through FA. Eli Apple, Mike Hilton, Mike Daniels, Tony Brown and more have made a big difference this year. Seems like they have all gelled at the right time. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

IWhat makes it even more remarkable, Joe Burrow goes to the sb in just his 3rd season, it took the greatest qb of all time 9 seasons to get there!! 

Even more remarkable, this is actually only Joe's 2nd season. The only 1st overall drafted QB to make it to a Super Bowl that early. 

• Like 1

Two thoughts right now.

1. So nice to have two teams playing in the Super Bowl and I have no reason to vehemently root against either (see ya, KC!!!!!). This will be one of the most pleasant Super Bowls I have watched in a long time.

2. There is only one right answer for both teams uniform combos. Bengals (home team): Orange over black. Rams: White (not "bone"!!) over  yellow.

8 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Well it was easier for them to hit on their picks.   The last 3 years they had the following picks in each round:

Bengals:

2019 - 5

2020 - 1

2021 - 11

Colts:

2019 - 21

2020 - 13

2021 - 26

1 minute ago, Myles said:

Well it was easier for them to hit on their picks.   The last 3 years they had the following picks in each round:

Bengals:

2019 - 5

2020 - 1

2021 - 11

Colts:

2019 - 21

2020 - 13

2021 - 26

Well, the Colts also had the 3rd pick in 2018 which they traded down to accumulate three 2nd round picks and pick Quenton Nelson with. Great pick, but maybe not the best position.

I like the idea of having Stafford to win a Super Bowl after finally making it to the playoffs after many years in Detroit. That would be cool. But I just dislike the Rams/LA team outside of that. I'd much prefer a small market team to have their way and win.

3 hours ago, Two_pound said:

Interesting matchup. Mike Browns 30 year plan works beautifully. Took over the Bengals in 1991, 30 years of complete futility and ineptitude, then boom,  has a team that just 2 years ago won 2 games(2019 season) then this year he finally wins his first playoff game victory and eventually makes it to the sb. Wow. What makes it even more remarkable, Joe Burrow goes to the sb in just his 3rd season, it took the greatest qb of all time 9 seasons to get there!! The Rams? Yesterday was the third game this season I watched them. I disagree with anyone who says they are "loaded" with talent. Their linebackers are useless. Reeder? Reeder couldn't make the Colts practice squad. They have made so many trades over the past 5 years and made completely awful draft picks the team is devoid of talent and has no depth. Anyone who criticizes Ballard on this forum should be removed immediately. I get it why the nfl is infatuated with LA, it is the second largest city in the country, but yesterdays game was a disgrace to the league. A conference championship game with way too many visiting fans there because the home team just doesn't have enough fans who care. Another big winner yesterday was Stan Kronke, gets another sb to help get a return on the stadium he and the nfl built. Congrats Stan.

Joe Burrows 2nd season, and he only played in 10 games last year

12 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I keep hearing Burrow is young and can make it back

That's true but Stafford is only 33 and can certainly make it back several times 

It's not like this is only shot 

Big Difference is the Rams have mortgaged their future with lack of draft picks and short term free agents while the Bengals have more continuity built into their roster.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Big Difference is the Rams have mortgaged their future with lack of draft picks and short term free agents while the Bengals have more continuity built into their roster.

Yeah, but the bigger difference is that they are the Bengals.   They have quite a history of making mistakes.  

Both teams made the playoffs 8 times since 2000.  The Rams have won 9 games and the Bengals have won 3.  

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

Yeah, but the bigger difference is that they are the Bengals.   They have quite a history of making mistakes.  

Both teams made the playoffs 8 times since 2000.  The Rams have won 9 games and the Bengals have won 3.  

Paul Brown learned from his mistakes from the Carson Palmer era when he decided to invest on support around his QB.

16 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Paul Brown learned from his mistakes from the Carson Palmer era when he decided to invest on support around his QB.

I hope so but I don't trust Paul Brown.   

I remember years ago he stated that the Bengals are cleaning up their act and character mattered with who they sign.   A couple weeks later he signs Chris Henry to a 2 year deal.  

6 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Even more remarkable, this is actually only Joe's 2nd season. The only 1st overall drafted QB to make it to a Super Bowl that early. 

He seems to have ice water for blood. Even Peyton and Brady got ticked off without much provocation.

14 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Rams 27

Bengals 20

Rams should win but the best QB of all-time (according to ESPN) just lost to Cincy with multiple weapons and a Hall of Fame coach at home. Rams got lucky yesterday to get by Jimmy G and his D. I think Cincy takes it 24-23.

• Like 1

On paper...

....Rams should win.

However, this Young Bengals team is Talented, Confident, Poised, Fearless and Determined and I've learned to not underestimate them.

Should be a fun game for all.

I'm rooting for my hometown boys.

Go Bengals!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gramz said:

On paper...

....Rams should win.

However, this Young Bengals team is Talented, Confident, Poised, Fearless and Determined and I've learned to not underestimate them.

Should be a fun game for all.

I'm rooting for my hometown boys.

Go Bengals!

I am going with Cincy, Burrow has ice in his veins arnold schwarzenegger polar vortex GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will be watching but skipping the commercials: I’ll pause the game at the beginning for the first half hour or so, then pick and choose what I want to look at and what I want to skip. I did this with the championship games and enjoyed fast-forwarding through the nonsense.

Of course, some people look forward to the commercials (to each his/her own). 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

I will be watching but skipping the commercials: I’ll pause the game at the beginning for the first half hour or so, then pick and choose what I want to look at and what I want to skip. I did this with the championship games and enjoyed fast-forwarding through the nonsense.

Of course, some people look forward to the commercials (to each his/her own). 

I take it you don't join in gameday discussions during the game?  That would certainly be a spoiler to watching later :dunno: