Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Brady Retiring after 22 Seasons

Shadow_Creek

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Bill Barnwell of ESPN wrote an article a few days ago stating that Ariens and the Bucs could be interested in trading for Wentz if Brady retires.  He mentioned Ariens is a big fan of Wentz and has been for a long time. He fits all the measurements and traits that Ariens covets in a QB.  Barnwell suggested a 1st rd pick for Wentz.  It could be Wentz’s rebound this year helped him in the eyes of the other front offices. I think most Colts fan would find it hard to believe we would get a 1st for Wentz.  If the Colts agreed to pay the bonus he’s due in March as part of the trade it might have a chance of happening.  Who knows.

Seriously doubt it but after Brady leaves, Tampa will once again be perineal losers so trading for Wentz would be something that organization could do.

6 hours ago, Four2itus said:

He does not have my respect. Cheating....is cheating. Say goes for Lance Armstrong. 

Exactly.

He's a known cheater as well as his cheating counter parts in new england. 

Instead of giving them praise & respect they should be shunned and stripped of their tainted titles and looked down at the way Armstrong, the Black Sox, and anyone caught with a Ace up their sleeve in a local poker game.

Of course this was the big talk last night on Sports Talk Radio. It is all opinion to who the greatest QB ever is. I still think my Top 3 is solid in having:

1. Tom Brady

2. Joe Montana

3. Peyton Manning 

The radio host agreed with me 100% on those top 3 based on Stats, SB wins, and League MVP's. I guess some could say Tom cheated, maybe he did but he sure as hell didn't in Tampa Bay and he won a SB without Bill Belichick. That is one of the big reasons why I have him #1. I made a strong argument for Peyton when I told the host that Peyton is 3-1 vs Brady in Championships games, because before I called he was saying how great Brady was in the playoffs and how Peyton had so many 1 and done's. Once I brought that point up and noted he did win 2 SB's and had the most MVP's with 5, the host agreed with me that he belongs in the top 3. I do think Montana is 2nd because he was flawless in 4 SB's with 0 INT's and his stats were great for the 80's + he did win 2 League MVP's. Host even said great call. Mahomes will one day crack the top 5 if he doesn't get injured and wins at least 3 SB's and another MVP or 2 but that is to be continued. Tom went out playing great but Peyton went out winning it all The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

People legit think Brady's camp tipped off the media intentionally? I don't see how that benefits someone who's been in the spotlight for 22 years and has always been pretty protective of his private life. Honestly I think he's irate about it... logically speaking, most people in his spot would want to have control over the story and the situation. 

I would guess there won't be any official announcements for another few weeks, or at least until after the SB. Either way, he's earned the right to do all of this on his own terms. 

16 minutes ago, GoPats said:

People legit think Brady's camp tipped off the media intentionally? I don't see how that benefits someone who's been in the spotlight for 22 years and has always been pretty protective of his private life. Honestly I think he's irate about it... logically speaking, most people in his spot would want to have control over the story and the situation. 

I would guess there won't be any official announcements for another few weeks, or at least until after the SB. Either way, he's earned the right to do all of this on his own terms. 

I fully believe he is retiring.

I fully believe he intended to wait to announce AFTER February 4th ($15 mil bonus)

I fully believe someone close to him "leaked" this to the media.

I fully believe he's ticked off it was leaked.

I fully believe media was disrespectful towards him (by not letting him break the news).

And lastly, I fully agree with you that he should be the one to announce this, yes he's deserved it.   

I, of course, could be wrong on all accounts. :dunno:

26 minutes ago, GoPats said:

I still think it's pretty low what Adam Schefter did...

Dang man.. Heck of a career. Just the things his TEAMS were apart of blows my mind. But I'll be happy he's gone. I was telling my children as we were watching the Rams Bucs game. "I'm cheering for the Rams because I've watched this dude torture me team since I was 13!" I'm tired lol

Go enjoy your wife and kids man! Go start a podcast with Peyton and blow the minds of all sports fans alike! 

Congrats!

GIF by Ecard Mint

Interesting that he does not mention New England that he won 6 SBs with in his tweets. Is it intentional and petty or oversight? I was expecting better from Tom there. 

I am sure he will sign a 1 day contract with the Patriots to retire a Patriot at some point in time but why exclude them from your tweets that reflected on everything but your time with the Patriots??

38 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Interesting that he does not mention New England that he won 6 SBs with in his tweets. Is it intentional and petty or oversight? I was expecting better from Tom there. 

I am sure he will sign a 1 day contract with the Patriots to retire a Patriot at some point in time but why exclude them from your tweets that reflected on everything but your time with the Patriots??

He didn't mention either team.

Edit:  I just read full statement.  I stand corrected.

He did mention Tampa 

23 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yup that was the first thing that caught my eye.

I had the same initial feeling as you....he should have given them flowers too BUT upon further thought, why should he? He gave them the biggest thing an athlete could ever give a city, the glory, the rings, he made that franchise. So if he has some ill will and feels a certain way, he's more than earned that right till the day he dies.

51 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I'm thinking it's neither an oversight, nor pettiness, and they'll have a Patriots specific event at some point. 

54 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Why would he sign a 1 day contract with the Patriots?

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm pretty sure he is still under contract with the Bucs.   I don't think he can sign a 1 day contract 

Once he retires, he would not realize his potential bonus that would have kicked in on February 4th and they can terminate the contract before then. 

9 hours ago, Superman said:

I'm thinking it's neither an oversight, nor pettiness, and they'll have a Patriots specific event at some point. 

When you have 5 or 6 big tweets with plenty of run for the Bucs, I am sure the Patriots fans would have appreciated a few kind words for them. It is odd, nevertheless.

Archived