Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay tweet about QB (MERGE)

CurBeatElite

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually love it, bring in Russell Wilson Mr Irsay. Irsay knows we aren't winning a SB with Wentz and we have a dominant RB. I talked to my uncle last night who is a huge Titans fan and he says the same thing about Tannehill. He told Henry's career wasted haha 

I remember the discussion you and i had before the playoffs started, regarding Tannehill.

You were right.

I still think Tannehill > Wentz but both are not what you'd recommend

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Colt.45 said:

I remember the discussion you and i had before the playoffs started, regarding Tannehill.

You were right.

I still think Tannehill > Wentz but both are not what you'd recommend

My uncle seen it coming, so did I. I didn't think we would lose to Jacks but wasn't sold on Wentz winning a SB either. 

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Please stop with your nonsense.   This is unhelpful.   The moment you post Irsay is a bad owner as if you know what the other 31 owners are like, you lost the argument.  Learn to chill and not over-react please!!!    

Please?!?  

I didn’t say he was a bad owner. I said this is what bad owners typically do. Reich and Ballard are probably in their last year with the colts because the quarterback situation is a mess. 

When Ballard first came here he acted like it's not about 1 guy, not about the QB, and but it is hard to win a lot of games without a great QB.  Very seldom do teams with less than a great QB win in the post season.  I will admit though, Wentz needs some weapons.  I'll reserve my judgement for what happens this off season.

34 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Then you have this taking a shot at Carson and his faith and not being vaccinated. There were a lot of stats not vaccinated. This is such a low blow by Irsay.

I think you're looking far too deep into it.   He never said anything about carson, his faith or vaccination status.

I believe the best move is to roll with Carson one more season, hope he progresses and get him a few more quality weapons at WR and TE, and if he doesn’t get much better, then in the 2023 draft trade up a bit to get one of the prized QB prospects in a good class. KC, Houston, and Buffalo did it when they traded up for Mahomes, Watson, and Allen. You need a top QB to win a Super Bowl in this league. 

14 minutes ago, Captain_Colts1317 said:

With all the tweets from Irsay and everything Ballard and Reich have said I don’t see anyway Wentz is back next year. Before I get the “ give me names to replace “ response I don’t know but I don’t see anyway Wentz is back. He is already label as mentally weak. Does anybody actually think he will handle all the criticism? Maybe they are trying to challenge him and see how he responds but each day it’s getting less likely he is on the roster this summer. 

I agree. But, it will really come down to who’s available this off-season. It’s entirely possible the only QB’s that get traded this off-season are Deshaun Watson & Jimmy G. 

It’s also possible the Kirk Cousins, Jimmy G, Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson, Deshaun Watson, and Derek Carr are all traded. 

It’s going to be a LONG off-season with a ton of Colts rumors. Only time will tell

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My uncle seen it coming, so did I. I didn't think we would lose to Jacks but wasn't sold on Wentz winning a SB either. 

That JX game terrified me going in. The recent history there, plus the fact is they played us tight in Indy, also we were just limping into the playoff, COVID issues and we were not playing well. I was hoping we'd just gut it out but i fully was aware that it was a 50-50 game. 

It’s not hard to say the offense in his tweet. He did not have to say QB and offense. I am just sick of everything with this team.

6 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I agree. But, it will really come down to who’s available this off-season. It’s entirely possible the only QB’s that get traded this off-season are Deshaun Watson & Jimmy G. 

It’s also possible the Kirk Cousins, Jimmy G, Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson, Deshaun Watson, and Derek Carr are all traded. 

It’s going to be a LONG off-season with a ton of Colts rumors. Only time will tell

Which is why you don’t call your QB out in public like that. They don’t even know who is available. 

1 minute ago, Colt.45 said:

That JX game terrified me going in. The recent history there, plus the fact is they played us tight in Indy, also we were just limping into the playoff, COVID issues and we were not playing well. I was hoping we'd just gut it out but i fully was aware that it was a 50-50 game. 

We should've clinched against the Raiders, then we could've rested everyone at Jacks. I still can't get TY being wide open and Wentz missing him in that game. That is a play that pops in my head a lot.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Easier said then done, because you have a Cap, draft picks to deal with, etc.. But who would you rather have Russell Wilson or Carson Wentz? Don't lie @TaylorTheStudMuffin

That isn’t my point and you Damn well know it. My point was they don’t know who is available. So calling out Wentz when he may very well have to be the QB is a dumb move.

12 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Sometimes it’s best to keep stuff in private. When a owner starts bashing his QB in public it’s a bad look.

I do have to agree with this though.  Praise in public, admonish in private.  What kind of message does this send to the team?  Unless of course he just doesn't have Wentz's back anymore.  And to your point, that would be dumb unless they have plan B secured and are NOT rolling with Wentz.

1 minute ago, compuls1v3 said:

I do have to agree with this though.  Praise in public, admonish in private.  What kind of message does this send to the team?  Unless of course he just doesn't have Wentz's back anymore.  And to your point, that would be dumb unless they have plan B secured and are NOT rolling with Wentz.

I think they have a Plan B, JMO nothing I know as fact though.

2 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Maybe SE is the plan for 2022, and we get a QB in 2023..... who knows.

And it’s impossible to have a plan B right now. No one knows who is available.

I hate to say this but Reich and Ballard will be gone after 22. Not even their fault. Quarterbacks don’t grow on trees. Expecting players to keep giving it their all every year with a new QB is unrealistic too. There is no stability with this team.

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

And it’s impossible to have a plan B right now. No one knows who is available.

I hate to say this but Reich and Ballard will be gone after 22. Not even their fault. Quarterbacks don’t grow on trees. Expecting players to keep giving it their all every year with a new QB is unrealistic too. There is no stability with this team.

I think Ballard will be here for a long time, Irsay knows Ballard is good.

I think Ballard will be here for a long time, Irsay knows Ballard is good.

Ballard hasn’t done anything. This team is no where closer to contending then they were when he got here.

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

That's holder's interpretation.   

He isn’t the only one saying it. Jake querry said it on the radio this morning too.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Ballard hasn’t done anything. This team is no where closer to contending then they were when he got here.

He isn’t the only one saying it. Jake querry said it on the radio this morning too.

I don't care who interprets it.   It's nonsense.     

The message it sends is that it's not okay to flame out at the end of the year, and that everyone has to meet a certain standard if they want to remain on the roster. And that's a good message to send.

Irsay didn't say anything wrong, and he didn't say anything out of line. He honestly could have said a lot more, and I'd still be okay with it. Wentz held us back, especially with the season on the line, and there is no praise to be handed out for his play. Doesn't mean the entire collapse is his fault, but no one has said that. Irsay's comment that you need good QBing and offensive play (and defensive play, btw; is he throwing the defense under the bus??) is so fundamental and basic that I'm kind of shocked anyone is even batting an eye at this. QBs ripped up the league this weekend. It's obvious our QBing wasn't good enough. And we're acting like Irsay posted a "QB for sale" sign on Twitter... He just stated the obvious.

If Irsay said 'you have to get a consistent pass rush to win in the playoffs,' would everyone be saying 'oh, our pass rushers need his support, this isn't a good look'? 

I'd say this is a non issue, but I actually think it's a good thing. This team is at a crossroads. The last month has exposed, not only a roster talent deficiency, but also a lack of heart on the team. It needs to be addressed head on.

Your first sentence is comical. He has done a lot haha homer simpson lol GIF

Well it’s true. Have we come close to competing for a SB. We hasnt. Can’t get a pass rush. Doesn’t take WR serious. 

1 minute ago, Superman said:

The message it sends is that it's not okay to flame out at the end of the year, and that everyone has to meet a certain standard if they want to remain on the roster. And that's a good message to send.

Irsay didn't say anything wrong, and he didn't say anything out of line. He honestly could have said a lot more, and I'd still be okay with it. Wentz held us back, especially with the season on the line, and there is no praise to be handed out for his play. Doesn't mean the entire collapse is his fault, but no one has said that. Irsay's comment that you need good QBing and offensive play (and defensive play, btw; is he throwing the defense under the bus??) is so fundamental and basic that I'm kind of shocked anyone is even batting an eye at this. QBs ripped up the league this weekend. It's obvious our QBing wasn't good enough. And we're acting like Irsay posted a "QB for sale" sign on Twitter... He just stated the obvious.

If Irsay said 'you have to get a consistent pass rush to win in the playoffs,' would everyone be saying 'oh, our pass rushers need his support, this isn't a good look'? 

I'd say this is a non issue, but I actually think it's a good thing. This team is at a crossroads. The last month has exposed, not only a roster talent deficiency, but also a lack of heart on the team. It needs to be addressed head on.

He could of just said offense. There was no reason to say QB and offense.

21 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I didn’t say he was a bad owner. I said this is what bad owners typically do. Reich and Ballard are probably in their last year with the colts because the quarterback situation is a mess. 

Wrong again.   The Ballard-Reich comment is more nonsense.    Irsay is not firing either of them in a year.   Period.   He does nothing except publicly rave about them both.   He’d kill his own credibility by firing them and he knows that.    He’s blowing off some steam.   Let him.   

Please try not to over-react to everything that’s out there.    Take a deep breath.   At this pace you’ll drive yourself crazy before free agency in March.    Chill.   Be calm.   Slow your roll.    The Colts are an extremely well run organization, even if it’s not apparent to some today. 

Archived