Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Finding an Elite or franchise QB and the realities of that opportunity

Four2itus

15 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Which was my point......if we give up those high picks to get "That guy", those suggestions of "draft" change. 

Understood, and thanks.  I’m in the camp where I think Wentz returns, NOT because it’s a GOOD option, but because it’s the LEAST BAD option.   Put another way, all the other options are worse.  

So we try to put a better team around him.   We hope Frank can coach him up better in Y2.   Hope we can win 10-11 games and maybe a round in the playoffs.  At that point we can better evaluate what our options will be.   No more guaranteed money for Wentz is key.   I think if we decide to go in another direction at that time, our options might be better.  That’s my hope and hunch.

But with Irsay this angry, all bets are off….

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a number of realities regarding Carson Wentz QB situation, which we all know. Therefore one of the most probable option is for the Colts to get a backup QB that can step in for Carson at a moments notice. This backup QB has Carson's confidence to help him become a better QB. This backup QB must also know how to work with Reich and his coaching staff to get the most out of the QB position. This backup QB is Nick Foles. Nick has the proper temperament that complements the "flighty" Carson. Carson has the physical attributes but lacks the emotional attributes to be a franchise QB. Foles lacks the physical but exceeds in the mental and emotional attribute. Ballard/Irsay and the Colts are well connected with the Bears, so this transaction can be realized.

On 1/26/2022 at 12:03 PM, Mitch Connors said:

100% agree. Plus its a heck of a lot cheaper to go get a top flight WR in free agency or trade than it is to get an improved QB over Wentz. Give him the tools to succeed and if he fails at least we'll know its because hes not good enough as opposed to not having viable passing options. 

i agree give him some elite proven tight ends and wide receivers instead of draft picks who may never develop, 

Archived