Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thoughts on the epic match between Chiefs and Bills.


Thunderbolt
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 things

- one of the best games ive ever seen

- I will never fully understand how in 2022 overtime is basically being decided upon a coin toss still. Especially when neither offense can be stopped.

- I also will never fully understand why D coordinators decide to completely change what they are doing in the final seconds of the game and just go into super shell to not allow a touchdown but lets just let them complete 10 yard passes all the way down the field uncontested. An archaic philosophy thats been passed down IMO.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

3 things

- one of the best games ive ever seen

- I will never fully understand how in 2022 overtime is basically being decided upon a coin toss still. Especially when neither offense can be stopped.

- I also will never fully understand why D coordinators decide to completely change what they are doing in the final seconds of the game and just go into super shell to not allow a touchdown but lets just let them complete 10 yard passes all the way down the field uncontested. An archaic philosophy thats been passed down IMO.

Yea Agree   My wife. who is a BIG FAN also knows football very well.  Mentioned how she hates it which I agree 

 

But I see the reasoning behind making the game shorter for the players

 

But man.  Wouldn't that have been great with a CFB overtime rules??????

 

90-86 HA

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man I was up all day due to working last night so I fell asleep at halftime haha . I missed the 2nd half. I just seen KC won and how they did it. Bills will be the Bills I guess. Mahomes is like Brady, Peyton, Montana, he doesn't jack around. You give him any kind of chance it is over!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Man I was up all day due to working last night so I fell asleep at halftime haha . I missed the 2nd half. I just seen KC won and how they did it. Bills will be the Bills I guess. Mahomes is like Brady, Peyton, Montana, he doesn't jack around. You give him any kind of chance it is over!

Please dont ask.   Just watch the replay.      OMG.  you need to watch this game 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was up like 24 hours straight, I just seen the highlights. I will you tube the game. Unreal.

Don't read anything and pretend you don't know about anything    Most classic game EVER

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just youtube'd the last 5 minutes of the game. I feel so bad for Buffalo fans. What more could Allen do? He only left 13 seconds on the clock for Mahomes. Man what an epic ending, then KC got the coin toss in OT. It was over after that. If I was a Buffalo fan I would just do this Jump Jumping GIF- you give Mahomes any kind of life and he will just kill you. I think eventually he will end up like a Brady, Peyton, and Montana. He could win his 2nd SB this year. GB is out of it, they have to be favored.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just youtube'd the last 5 minutes of the game. I feel so bad for Buffalo fans. What more could Allen do? He only left 13 seconds on the clock for Mahomes. Man what an epic ending, then KC got the coin toss in OT. It was over after that. If I was a Buffalo fan I would just do this Jump Jumping GIF- you give Mahomes any kind of life and he will just kill you. I think eventually he will end up like a Brady, Peyton, and Montana. He could win his 2nd SB this year. GB is out of it, they have to be favored.

Mahomes earned that contract tonight.   

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would love to see Cincy pull the upset off but I don't see anyone beating Mahomes.

Wouldn't it be cool to see a 3 way battle for the top QB in the NFL between Mahomes Allen and Burrow for a while?

 

I'm a huge Colts fan but man I love to see those battles 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Wouldn't it be cool to see a 3 way battle for the top QB in the NFL between Mahomes Allen and Burrow for a while?

 

I'm a huge Colts fan but man I love to wee those battles 

Hard to top Brady vs Peyton but Allen vs Mahomes is great. Burrow is the real deal too. I just love football like you. We had our time at least with Peyton (won a SB) and even with Luck, I hope we can get better but I respect other talents. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hard to top Brady vs Peyton but Allen vs Mahomes is great. Burrow is the real deal too. I just love football like you. We had our time at least with Peyton (won a SB) and even with Luck, I hope we can bet better but I respect other talents. 

Yep I agree. I love football   That three-way battle is going to be fun to watch for yrs to come   Hoping the Colts find a fourth to compete with them.

 

If I had my pick   Id take Allen.   I love that kid.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Yep I agree. I love football   That three-way battle is going to be fun to watch for yrs to come   Hoping the Colts find a fourth to compete with them.

 

If I had my pick   Id take Allen.   I love that kid.   

Man if i was in Allen's shoes I would be so mad, he played a perfect game on the road in a hostile place against arguably a top 10 QB of all-time. I remember when Magic lost to Larry in 1984 (basketball), Magic said he didn't leave the house for a month he was so upset. He got his redemption but losses like this are tough. I was glad Peyton had to go through Brady to get his SB win here, it was fitting and skunked the demons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Man if i was in Allen's shoes I would be so mad, he played a perfect game on the road in a hostile place against arguably a top 10 QB of all-time. I remember when Magic lost to Larry in 1984 (basketball), Magic said he didn't leave the house for a month he was so upset. He got his redemption but losses like this are tough. I was glad Peyton had to go through Brady to get his SB win here, it was fitting and skunked the demons.

God I hope Wentz gets his head out of his * 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was on the Wentz bandwagon after saying I hated the trade. We were 9-6 right there and red hot. What happened in the last 2 weeks has me going Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I agree buddy.   But I have learned not to write someone off too soon.    aI think/hope the mental dept kicks in in 2022 

 IMO he has ALL the talent and just needs the brains.    ( sums up all my remarks about Rivers) If Wentz can figure out the mental.   He is in the top 4 in the AFC 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

3 things

- one of the best games ive ever seen

- I will never fully understand how in 2022 overtime is basically being decided upon a coin toss still. Especially when neither offense can be stopped.

- I also will never fully understand why D coordinators decide to completely change what they are doing in the final seconds of the game and just go into super shell to not allow a touchdown but lets just let them complete 10 yard passes all the way down the field uncontested. An archaic philosophy thats been passed down IMO.

So much this....

The OT rules make no sense, they have never made sense and they will continue to make no sense moving forward if nothing is changed. It leaves such a bad taste in your mouth to watch that absolute back and forth battle, all for it to be essentially decided (or at the very least giving a massive and overwhelming advantage to one team) all based on a freakin' coin flip.

Let them battle it out....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mahomes, Allen, Burrow and Herbert are the modern day Brady, Manning, Big Ben and Rivers. They talked about the golden age of QBs but it’s looking like these guys are going to be just as good.  There is still Lamar, Wentz, Jones, Lawrence, Tua, Carr and Wilson.  We don’t know what’s going on with Watson yet either. AFC is freaking loaded with talent at QB. 
 

Last night was so much fun.  Reminded me of the MNF game against TB and we scored 21pts in 4min. The only thing I didn’t like about it was someone had to lose.  Josh Allen is an amazing player but everyone will forget what he did.  Oh well...the games are played to find a winner.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

That was a display of elite quarterbacking.

And bad defensive strategy, especially not squibing the kickoff after the Bills' final touchdown with 13 seconds left.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

And bad defensive strategy, especially not squibing the kickoff after the Bills' final touchdown with 13 seconds left.

It wasnt the perfect game but i doubt McDermott makes that error again, it happens....especially when you're facing a QB who's that good. It can make you lose reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chucklez said:

So much this....

The OT rules make no sense, they have never made sense and they will continue to make no sense moving forward if nothing is changed. It leaves such a bad taste in your mouth to watch that absolute back and forth battle, all for it to be essentially decided (or at the very least giving a massive and overwhelming advantage to one team) all based on a freakin' coin flip.

Let them battle it out....

Screw that, they had 13 seconds to win the game, so boo hoo. There is no good alternative because the college system is god awful

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good exciting game.  

I think I am in the minority, but I don't mind the overtime rules.   A coin flip is the most fair way of determining 1st possession.  50/50 chance.   The Bills defense caved.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Reminded me of the MNF game against TB and we scored 21pts in 4min.

 

I mentioned that in the game thread twice yesterday. That game was amazing. 

 

Yesterday's game too was a classic. I feel awful for the Bills players, coaches and city but they played great and should be optimistic going forward.  

 

I too am puzzled as to why coaches change defensive strategies that have worked all game to allow chunks of yards at a time, leading to eventual touchdowns. It makes no sense. 

 

Anyway, great game. I'm glad I got to see it. All the games this weekend were fantastic to watch. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Going into the final game of the weekend I said I didn't care who won, but I found myself pulling for Buffalo.

 

The play of those two QBs was phenomenal and it was a thrilling game to finish the weekend. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Screw that, they had 13 seconds to win the game, so boo hoo. There is no good alternative because the college system is god awful

Of course there is, make them play a full extra quarter.... or 10 mins.... or whatever, just like any other games OT system in the world.... 

You cant have the game decided by a coinflip, it's ridiculous. The 4th quarter was a back and forth.... i would bet the farm that if the bills had won the coin flip, they'd be in the AFCCG and not the Chiefs.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not sure what the answer is to overtime rules.

 

How many times have the rules changed?

 

It was, however, by far one of the most exciting and competitive games we've watched in a while and I agree with others here  hating the coin toss deciding. 

 

Had Buffalo Defense done their job in the final 13 seconds of regulation play we wouldn't be having this discussion, so there is that!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chiefs tried to change these OT rules in 2018 after Brady did the same to them. Brady benefited in Atlanta SB and 2018 season AFCCG. Before that, Brees benefited from sudden death in his SB winning year.


 

https://www.patspulpit.com/2022/1/24/22898665/chiefs-change-overtime-rules-nfl-playoffs-patriots

 

The only change I’d do is give both teams a chance even if it’s a TD on one end with same OT duration 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

The Buffalo DC earned getting fired today too.

I thought Romo was right about the play that set up the game tying FG. Rush two and drop an additional two back to flood the middle of the field. Mahomes’ only chance with that little time was to hit a quick pass over the middle. I would have chucked Kelsey at the line as well. Take him out of the play. After taking a time out to set up the D for what should have been the final play, they ran their standard prevent defense. That was a head scratcher. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I think regression is likely but don't anticipate it being significant.    The changes to the O-Line are probably for the worse rather than for the better (though this certainly isn't clear or certain), I think Hines will play more of a role overall on offense, and I don't think the loss of Doyle can be understated.    I also think the passing game should be better too though. I voted that efficiency will stay the same but I could actually see the efficiency increase even if the overall production decreases. Though it's not as if we weren't already efficient last season.
    • Yeah I don't get the hate either. He's probably one of the better back ups in the league and almost certainly better than what we had already.
    • Here we go!!! Welcome to Indy Mr. big Richard Nick Foles!!!
    • Read a few articles that have in one way or another suggested that our run efficiency at least, and possibly our rushing total or rushing average (JT 5.5, NH 4.9) take a step back.    The articles had different spins, but here most of the reasons given.   Offensive Line losses (Departure of OL starters Glow and Fisher). Glow has always been a solid run blocker, and IIRC, our efficiency and/or success rate running right has been as good or better than running left.  The front runner to replace Glow now looks to be Pinter, who while a wild card, looked to have pretty good vertical punch.  While Fisher was pretty bad in pass pro, he was pretty darn good most games run blocking.  Pryor graded better than Fisher in pass pro, but not as effective in run blocking.  WR/TE losses (departure of Pascal and Doyle) Doyle - While some were never impressed with Doyle as an offensive weapon, he was always a pretty darn good blocker Woods and Ogletree - blocking is seen as weaknesses in both their games Granson - also is suspect in the blocking space Pascal - not much of a pass catching weapon, but like Doyle, very solid blocking Pierce - didn't block much, but has great hands vs the press, and seems pretty "tough" or "physical". Doubt he's running boundary 9s all game, so this is an area to watch.  JT - is no longer going to surprise teams in 2022 Hines - perhaps becoming more of a receiver than runner. NH's efficiency actually improved last season even though his snaps went down. I could make a case that this could be a pro or a con.     Things that IMO, might offset things for the positive Ryan - Should be better in short passing game, so perhaps Frank will call a more well rounded game plan that keeps DBs from cheating up Nelson - returning to good health Kelly - getting back on track after regressing the past few seasons Addition of Lindsay, who is perhaps a better #2 RB option (rushing, not catching) than Hines
    • I am not excited by the move either but if all goes according to plan Foles will never play a meaningful snap for the Colts.  I am not going to get outraged by a guy who is being signed hoping he never plays.
  • Members

    • Jared Cisneros

      Jared Cisneros 5,039

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtsGermany

      ColtsGermany 403

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jmac_48

      jmac_48 441

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nickster

      Nickster 1,976

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Kangaroo

      Kangaroo 160

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Stoney

      Stoney 98

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...