Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Kelly is Not an Asset

Nickster

On 1/23/2022 at 12:55 PM, Introspect said:

What I'm saying is that Kelly is not worth the money he was .... PAID. 

And if you get a contract....

And don't play up to the level expected....

You are taking the money like a crook....

He got paid by Irsay and has no intention of playing to past standards anymore...

Robbery my friend!

“No intentions of playing to past standards anymore”

”A crook”

I wasn’t aware you could read into the hearts of man and tell what their true intentions are.

But yes, Ryan Kelly is robbing us by taking the back third of the season to focus on his deceased child rather than “playing to past standards.”

My Lord, some of you people act as if just because a player had a down year or isn’t what they once were, they are now scum and should be expunged from the great halls of the Morality of the Indianapolis Colts Museum.

Stop, please. Stuff like this and booing Andrew when he retired is just sad. We’re better than that as a fan base.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/28/2022 at 3:53 PM, gspdx said:

Glad it is just your opinion.  Regardless of how things pan out in the next 2 years we will have no idea whether he was motivated to be great or not.  

And still pretty funny that you are judging his commitment.  

As long as I could make you laugh...... Be safe:thmup:

47 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

“No intentions of playing to past standards anymore”

”A crook”

I wasn’t aware you could read into the hearts of man and tell what their true intentions are.

But yes, Ryan Kelly is robbing us by taking the back third of the season to focus on his deceased child rather than “playing to past standards.”

My Lord, some of you people act as if just because a player had a down year or isn’t what they once were, they are now scum and should be expunged from the great halls of the Morality of the Indianapolis Colts Museum.

Stop, please. Stuff like this and booing Andrew when he retired is just sad. We’re better than that as a fan base.

Time will tell but Kelly had concussion issues before signing the for BIG MONEY.

BTW I agreed with Luck leaving the team when he knew he couldn't bring it like he use to and thought about his health INSTEAD of just taking the money while on IR for years. Kelly needs to take a look at that also.

2 hours ago, Introspect said:

Time will tell but Kelly had concussion issues before signing the for BIG MONEY.

BTW I agreed with Luck leaving the team when he knew he couldn't bring it like he use to and thought about his health INSTEAD of just taking the money while on IR for years. Kelly needs to take a look at that also.

Luck could still bring it today. That was never an issue. The man was more mentally injured than physically. I applaud him for knowing when he needed to step away for his own sake and his family. With that being said if Andrew decided he want to come back and make a run at a ring I without a doubt believe he could do it and I’d welcome him with open arms. 

On 1/29/2022 at 9:52 AM, jbaron04 said:

For what kelly gave us we could find a cheaper option I’m saying not a guy making top dollar for the position, and not even talking about the league we all know where he would rank if we did that, on his own team getting out played by backup. If kelly took a major pay cut I’m fine with it but at his cost I’m not happy with return it’s a what have you done lately for me league not I feel sorry for you and etc….

I know your frustration. There's frustration all over this team. But Kelly needs a second chance in my opinion. He wasn't completely a 100% healthy this past season and lost a daughter that would put a mental burden on anyone.

Will you feel the same way if he comes back and balls out? Maybe you will, maybe you won't. But it comes down to Kelly wanting to take less money or if the team decides he is making too much. 

I guarantee after it is all said and done. If Colts decide to trade him, He is a asset at getting a good return. Maybe not a top dynamic player but a asset.

26 minutes ago, Maniac53 said:

I know your frustration. There's frustration all over this team. But Kelly needs a second chance in my opinion. He wasn't completely a 100% healthy this past season and lost a daughter that would put a mental burden on anyone.

Will you feel the same way if he comes back and balls out? Maybe you will, maybe you won't. But it comes down to Kelly wanting to take less money or if the team decides he is making too much. 

I guarantee after it is all said and done. If Colts decide to trade him, He is a asset at getting a good return. Maybe not a top dynamic player but a asset.

He’s not worth what he’s getting paid especially when they need to invest in a LT and have someone else who can do it for a fraction of the cost.  He’s been okay at best for two years now. You’re correct that he had to deal with a tragedy but he wasn’t anymore injured than anyone else on the line.  He was out there week 1.  

5 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

He’s not worth what he’s getting paid especially when they need to invest in a LT and have someone else who can do it for a fraction of the cost.  He’s been okay at best for two years now. You’re correct that he had to deal with a tragedy but he wasn’t anymore injured than anyone else on the line.  He was out there week 1.  

I will say again I know the frustration. does Kelly play LT? What does Kelly have to do with LT? Put Nelson there at LT he makes the money. RT and LT should be the highest paid O-line men on a team. Omg.. I'm done on this thread no more. Haha

2 hours ago, Maniac53 said:

Yea , I just don’t like the idea of having so much  of our salary cap tied up in line and they not performing. 

Archived