Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Randy Moss: The Quarterback Maker

bayone

interesting article that shows how moss has helped elevate the game of every QB played with from bad ones to great ones

My link

Interesting article, as he poo poo the fact he did nothing for ANY Oakland QB, he also states Brady's 3 best years were with moss, but he only had 2 years with moss, and the 4 games he had with Moss last year were WORSE QB rating wise than they were after he left so obviously negated the fact.

But QB rating is just an AWFUL measurement on how good a QB is doing.

Thanks for posting the article bayone. It was a very interesting read. These articles always bring up one question with me every time I read one that's about a great game changing player. Why does 90% of the players that have HOF talent have to act the way they do? TO, Moss, Revis, Rivers, Haynesworth just to name a few. I guess one good thing about it is the fact that most of the talented showboats never get to wear a ring. All these guys are game changers on any given sunday but yet take for granted the talents that god gave them.

Moss was a freak when it came to natural talent, sadly even BB was only able keep his ego in check for 2 years. Just Imagine how great his numbers would have been if he had a coach LIKE BB his hole career, or more importantly his rookie year. (Imagine a coach getting him under control before he went wacko)

Notice the people you mention don't have a great coach? (ok Rex is good coach but he is one of the BOYS so..) Look some game changers who do have rings but no eboes (when they played):

Montana,Manning,Young,Rice

Defense:

Ty Law, Reggie White,Lott

So lot game changers with talent whose egoes didnt get in the way.

As for the article I stand by what I said before.

But all of those guys will be Hof's. I was naming guys with HOF potential that have ego problems. None of those players I mentioned played for a crappy coach either. Just imagine how sick Moss's numbers would be if he'd kept his ego in check. He would have smoked probably not all but most of Rices records. Its just a shame that these players waste their talent.

But all of those guys will be Hof's. I was naming guys with HOF potential that have ego problems. None of those players I mentioned played for a crappy coach either. Just imagine how sick Moss's numbers would be if he'd kept his ego in check. He would have smoked probably not all but most of Rices records. Its just a shame that these players waste their talent.

well Revis Unless something really bad happens WILL be a HOFer he is the #1 CB in the NFL IMO. That said I disagree all the players u mentioned never had a strong coach like a Dungy or BB or even the chin from Pittshurg (I am totally blanking on his name lol) a great coach gets the most out of all their players. BB did with Moss, and even after being traded MOSS LOVED BB!

The great coach debate. That's a topic of its own. Do explain TO then. He's played for good teams with good coaches. A coach can't fix every diva and shouldn't have too. The problem is most of the newer generation players don't love the game. They love their money and the popularity that comes with it.

The great coach debate. That's a topic of its own. Do explain TO then. He's played for good teams with good coaches. A coach can't fix every diva and shouldn't have too. The problem is most of the newer generation players don't love the game. They love their money and the popularity that comes with it.

lol TO is sort of the exception that proves the rule lol. But what great coach did he have?? (being honest I dont know what coaches he has had.)

lol TO is sort of the exception that proves the rule lol. But what great coach did he have?? (being honest I dont know what coaches he has had.)

Andy Reid (Philly) could be considered a great coach. Considering the rather pedestrian accolades of todays coaches, Reid has a pretty thick list of accomplishments.

well Revis Unless something really bad happens WILL be a HOFer he is the #1 CB in the NFL IMO. That said I disagree all the players u mentioned never had a strong coach like a Dungy or BB or even the chin from Pittshurg (I am totally blanking on his name lol) a great coach gets the most out of all their players. BB did with Moss, and even after being traded MOSS LOVED BB!

Bill Cowher

Ya Andy Reid is pretty good coach, I still say Dungy,BB, Cowher (TY thelema13) are a lot better and still I say if Reid gotten him earlier in his career he may have stopped his foolishness. Buit none of the ones listed (or I can think of) had a truly good coach their rookie yr or in their first contract even.

You can't put all the blame on coaches for these talented showboats not correcting their actions. There's been too many HOF players that didn't showboat who never played for a decent coach. Yes it helps but these players are responsible for themselves.

You can't put all the blame on coaches for these talented showboats not correcting their actions. There's been too many HOF players that didn't showboat who never played for a decent coach. Yes it helps but these players are responsible for themselves.

You are right! I was just trying point out a top level coach can usually control a big ego like ocho or TO. Or in say rex ryan case make them fit into the team where they do not disrupt the chemistry.