Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts positive thread

2006Coltsbestever

1 hour ago, sb2001 said:

Outside of ANY A.Luck team,this year we are ABSOLUTELY SB bound. 

Really?   I certainly hope you’re right, but even if we have a very good draft — which I expect — I don’t see a Super Bowl team today. 

I see a playoff caliber team.  I see a team that can win the AFC South, but still has to do so.   I see a team that I think can make a run in the playoffs,  but I don’t know just how far we can go?   And I likely won’t know until after the 2022 regular season is over and know who is healthy and who is hurt?   How good was Ryan?   How good was Taylor and Pittman and all our other UNPROVEN weapons which we have many.  

But, as of today, I don’t see a Super Bowl caliber team.   I may see one by next January, but that’s still a long, long way off. 

Don’t mean to be Donnie Downer, but wanted to offer another perspective.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Really?   I certainly hope you’re right, but even if we have a very good draft — which I expect — I don’t see a Super Bowl team today. 

I see a playoff caliber team.  I see a team that can win the AFC South, but still has to do so.   I see a team that I think can make a run in the playoffs,  but I don’t know just how far we can go?   And I likely won’t know until after the 2022 regular season is over and know who is healthy and who is hurt?   How good was Ryan?   How good was Taylor and Pittman and all our other UNPROVEN weapons which we have many.  

But, as of today, I don’t see a Super Bowl caliber team.   I may see one by next January, but that’s still a long, long way off. 

I think we have a good team but even I am not predicting a SB Championship. Could we make a long run, sure but the AFC is loaded. I do think we win the South though. If we had Luck in his prime I think we would have a real good chance of winning it all. We don't have Luck, but Matt Ryan will give it a good shot IMO. I really like our D a lot now after getting Yannick and Gilmore. Taylor should be close to the same as last year as well, he is still young.

• Like 2

@NewColtsFanwe usually do our yearly Colts W/L record predictions and we both nearly nail it each year. Usually we do it after the draft so I will save mine until then like you do, but early on I can see us winning 11 games, maybe 12. I hope we add 1 more playmaker like a good WR or TE. I don't think I have been so hyped for a season since 2018 when Luck came back off injury.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I agree.

The team could excel with Ryan and make a run at the Superbowl or it could falter and be a wild card team and lose in the first round.  The caliber of QB's in the AFC makes it nearly impossible for me to pick 1 team to do it with any certainty.  MaHomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Wilson, Watson, Jackson, Carr, Tannehill and Ryan.  

We don't yet know if Reich can manage the offense effectively.  I hope so.

To keep this with the threads positive view, the sky is the limit and we have a young hungry team with lots to prove.  I look forward to getting into the mix.

On 4/27/2022 at 8:33 PM, GoColts8818 said:

You mean drafting guys like Grover, Nelson, Leonard, Smith, Pittman, Taylor, and Kwitty offsets any misses he’s had?  I am shocked I say!  

Well ... when you put it that way, I might even become an optimist.

3 minutes ago, King Colt said:

The schedule is a good one-no Buffalo and no Cincy. Like last year the last two games should be winners but that was true of the last two games last year.

Last years schedule was a farce. The 1st 5 games were ridiculous for any team to come out of that better than 2-3. We still did and was 9-6 at one point but ran out of gas.

I would have said Raimann is a steal too. PFF has done some work on what people consider steals and reaches and what they have concluded is that unfortunately there is no such thing as a draft steal - the players that get drafted considerably lower than expected usually perform at the level of their real draft position rather than at their projected draft position. 

On the flip side - what people call a "reach" is actually a real thing - when a player gets drafted much higher than his projected draft position, he's very likely to not perform at his real draft position level, but rather at his projected draft position level. 

This is kind of fascinating and the explanation for this is kind of interesting too - for a player to be considered a reach only one team needs to value him way above other teams and reach to draft him. This means all you need is for one team to make a mistake, and this happens with relative regularity. On the other hand for a player to be considered a steal, a lot of teams need to pass on him(sometimes multiple times) and it's much less likely that multiple teams are making the same mistake - i.e. usually there is a reason why they would be passing on him and sometimes that reason is hidden to the public so the projected draft position is not affected(for example, maybe all teams know he has a serious injury or off-field concerns that the public doesn't know about and that affects his performance). 

On 5/13/2022 at 10:02 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Last years schedule was a farce. The 1st 5 games were ridiculous for any team to come out of that better than 2-3. We still did and was 9-6 at one point but ran out of gas.

It was hard but it wasn’t THAT hard.   And we didn’t come out of the 5 game stretch 2-3 or better.   We came out 1 and 4.    And from where I sit it was mostly due to our early injuries….  Wentz, Fisher, Nelson, Kelly, Smith and TYH.   That’s 6 key players at the start of the season.   To me that’s what hurt us the most. 

You want to see a hard schedule?   Look at what the Rams faced all season long.  Brutal. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Training camp is a time to evaluate what you have. Aside from the Offensive coaches, Matt Ryan is also evaluating the players. He and Reich and his staff will evaluate and refine their playbook. That is what Rivers did with Sirianni and Reich, and now its Ryan's turn. 

Ryan played with K.Shanahan, t WR: Julio, Sanu   TE: Gonzalez, K.Pitts   RB: Cordelle   The guy has seen it all. Like Peyton he will be the coach on the field. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am hoping I can put this 2022 season in with the 1995, 2003, 2006, 2009, and 2014 teams as making the Final 4. That is my expectation for 2022. If we at least make it that far it will be in the category of a very good season. Of course our great season was in 2006 when we won the SB, 2009 we won the AFC so that was borderline great. 

one positive thing for the colts is you have nick foles.  hope he performs on the field of course...but he's as good as they come off the field.

speaking of...i live in pa and i'm an eagles fan.  i've always wanted to get a photo signed that i took of nick in warmups at a game in 2018.  how is he about signing autographs at training camp?  i'm thinking about making the drive in 2 weeks to training camp.  it seems like just about my best shot to meet him.

thanks for your help.

• Like 1

Cross is a playmaker

I feel good about Facyson and Rogers.

Granson was flying on his long play.

I like the probability that our pass rush will be good and we have depth.

The LB's played well and our depth looks promising. Weatherford sure looks interesting. Great feet and balance. 

Buffalo CB's out muscled Pittman, Pierce, and Campbell on quick hitters.

Play action success will be huge for us.

Marvell Tell must wonder, why am i still here.

I like our TE's. 

• Like 1

I was going to start a separate thread but I just wanted to say the Colts.com Offical Podcast regarding the Buffalo game was a breath of fresh air, compared to the JMV, DD and other negative media and fans.

I know they work for the Colts but I think they’re objective and the whole negative mindset is just getting old.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2022 at 7:52 AM, hiroshimacarp said:

one positive thing for the colts is you have nick foles.  hope he performs on the field of course...but he's as good as they come off the field.

speaking of...i live in pa and i'm an eagles fan.  i've always wanted to get a photo signed that i took of nick in warmups at a game in 2018.  how is he about signing autographs at training camp?  i'm thinking about making the drive in 2 weeks to training camp.  it seems like just about my best shot to meet him.

thanks for your help.

This isn’t a shot at Foles but I hope he never sees the field as that would mean something happened to Ryan.

• 2 weeks later...