Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts positive thread

2006Coltsbestever

• NFLfan pinned this topic
2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

:thmup: My favorite. 

Let's talk Colts!! What was your most memorable, happiest, or meaningful moment as a Colts fan? 

There are so many. The obvious one is beating the Pats in the 2006 AFC Title Game. That was the real SB, then of course beating the Bears in the 2006/07 SB. Also 2 other games stand out, the 2009 game vs the Pats, I was at that game when Peyton hit Reggie for the game winner (Colts win 35-34 to get to 9-0), and when Luck came back to beat KC in the 2013 WildCard Game down 38-10. That was so incredible that I still can't believe it. Our 1995 playoff run with Harbaugh was special as well. Winning at KC that year was awesome. KC was dominant that season and we went in there and won in the Divisional Round. Jim was something else.

• Like 1

• NFLfan unpinned, pinned and featured this topic

As long as the Colts have a great owner like Irsay, the future will always be bright.

He doesn't meddle in the team's business and he's always ready to spend lots of money. He has good football people that he let's run the team 

Imagine having a meddling owner like Jerry Jones who thinks he's a GM or the Chargers owner where he lets his kids run the team.

That would be terrible!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

As long as the Colts have a great owner like Irsay, the future will always be bright.

He doesn't meddle in the team's business and he's always ready to spend lots of money.

Imagine having a meddling owner like Jerry Jones who thinks he's a GM or the Chargers owner where he lets his kids run the team

I agree. Irsay is a great owner. 

I really love this time in Colt history, because not only are they assembling a winning team, they have brought some together great individuals who are not devoid of inner strength, a moral compass....and who feel obligated to each other, the community, and to the logo on the helmet. I honestly have never been prouder as a Colt fan. 

Honestly, my favorite time is right now, because of the way that Ballard has pulled back the veil on what really goes on. I feel more connected than I ever have in 5 decades of watching the NFL. Hard Knocks has given us all even more looks into the great vision that is shared by the whole complex. Really excited about the future.....no matter what it brings.

Awesome time to be a fan. 

:1colts:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2006's Elite 8 wins in the Indy era:

Honorable Mention = This seasons win over the Pats, 27-17. It put us in great position to make the playoffs and they were red hot + the rivalry we have with them. I was so happy that night. My favorite moment of 2021.

8. 2003 regular season game at Tampa, Colts win in OT 38-35. We were down 35-14 against the World Champs by 21 with 5 minutes to play in prime time on Monday night. Peyton and Marvin tore it up after that. Unreal!

7. 2009 regular season win in prime time on Sunday night over the Pats 35-34 to get to 9-0. We beat Brady and BB again in an important regular season game. That basically gave us HFA. We went on to win the AFC.

6. 2014 Divisional Round Game at Denver, Colts win 24-13. Luck beats Von Miller and his D and a Peyton led team to advance to the AFC Championship.

5. 2009 AFC Title Game vs the Jets, Colts win 30-17. AFC Champs! This is at 5 because it is a game we should've won anyway. But of course huge!

4. 1995 Divisional Round Game at KC, Colts win 10-7. Harbaugh plays well enough and the D was awesome. Advanced to the AFC Championship.

3. 2013 WildCard Game vs KC, down 38-10 and Luck brings us back to win it 45-44. 2nd greatest comeback ever.

2. 2006/07 SB win over the Bears. More important than #1 but it was a forgone conclusion we would win this after beating the Pats.

1. 2006 AFC Title Game win over the Pats = the real SB.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

2006's Elite 8 wins in the Indy era:

Honorable Mention = This seasons win over the Pats, 27-17. It put us in great position to make the playoffs and they were red hot + the rivalry we have with them. I was so happy that night. My favorite moment of 2021.

8. 2003 regular season game at Tampa, Colts win in OT 38-35. We were down 35-14 against the World Champs by 21 with 5 minutes to play in prime time on Monday night. Peyton and Marvin tore it up after that. Unreal!

7. 2009 regular season win in prime time on Sunday night over the Pats 35-34 to get to 9-0. We beat Brady and BB again in an important regular season game. That basically gave us HFA. We went on to win the AFC.

6. 2014 Divisional Round Game at Denver, Colts win 24-13. Luck beats Von Miller and his D and a Peyton led team to advance to the AFC Championship.

5. 2009 AFC Title Game vs the Jets, Colts win 30-17. AFC Champs! This is at 5 because it is a game we should've won anyway. But of course huge!

4. 1995 Divisional Round Game at KC, Colts win 10-7. Harbaugh plays well enough and the D was awesome. Advanced to the AFC Championship.

3. 2013 WildCard Game vs KC, down 38-10 and Luck brings us back to win it 45-44. 2nd greatest comeback ever.

2. 2006/07 SB win over the Bears. More important than #1 but it was a forgone conclusion we would win this after beating the Pats.

1. 2006 AFC Title Game win over the Pats = the real SB.

Just watch these 9 games and block everything out. You guys/gals will be fine. Time to get some sleep, have to work tonight. homer simpson sleeping GIF- Go Colts forever!

4 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

He doesn't meddle in the team's business and he's always ready to spend lots of money. He has good football people that he let's run the team 

Imagine having a meddling owner like Jerry Jones who thinks he's a GM or the Chargers owner where he lets his kids run the team.

That would be terrible!

I agree. Folks need to appreciate what they have. Meddling owners like Dan Snyder are awful. I like Ballard's approach to building a team. I like that he builds through the draft and does not sign a "Dream Team". Folks need to give it a little time to slowly build the team. 

5 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

That would be terrible!

And it looks like the next Generation (the 3 daughters) will keep it up to, they see what is the  best way to go about the business and to do in the community

• Like 1

Character wins out over attitude. Now you know why we love out Colts.

-- Danny Trout

(That is something @Gramz would probably say. :) )

Good Article:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/340024-why-we-love-our-indianapolis-colts

Growing up in a small town in Indiana in the '70s, the closest NFL teams to us were the Cincinnati Bengals and the Chicago Bears. Although I loved Walter Payton, I just could never bring myself to love the Bears. The Bengals were usually at the bottom of the division, so it was tough for me to be a fan of theirs either. The Raiders were usually good so that is who I always followed. However, in 1984, the Colts moved from Baltimore to Indianapolis. I became an instant fan...

@Four2itus, @2006Coltsbestever

• Like 2

Is it wrong the first thing I thought of when reading the title was - "Wait, they keep track of theor COVID status in the off-season?" :grumpy2:

On a positive note(to justify posting in this thread) it's interesting that our FO executives and coaches seem to be in high demand. Several for GM position, Eberflus for HC, Montgomery for OC... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/22/2022 at 3:58 PM, NFLfan said:

I agree. Folks need to appreciate what they have. Meddling owners like Dan Snyder are awful. I like Ballard's approach to building a team. I like that he builds through the draft and does not sign a "Dream Team". Folks need to give it a little time to slowly build the team. 

i like the way the rams build no delayed gratification there

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Jim Irsay is a great owner.  I still support Ballard and Reich, though others might feel differently.  Jonathan Taylor is a stud! TY Hilton deserves respect for all he's done over the years. 

MY neighbor isn't very positive. Yesterday he said that he was through with the Colts, that they  always disappointed, and that he was going to become a Jets fan. haha

He sounded serious, said that he was a Jets fan years ago, that he was going back. At least he won't be disappointed, as there will be no expectations with the Jets. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, stitches said:

Is it wrong the first thing I thought of when reading the title was - "Wait, they keep track of theor COVID status in the off-season?" :grumpy2:

On a positive note(to justify posting in this thread) it's interesting that our FO executives and coaches seem to be in high demand. Several for GM position, Eberflus for HC, Montgomery for OC... 

Yeah the word "positive" now days is scary haha because of Covid.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Jim Irsay is a great owner.  I still support Ballard and Reich, though others might feel differently.  Jonathan Taylor is a stud! TY Hilton deserves respect for all he's done over the years. 

MY neighbor isn't very positive. Yesterday he said that he was through with the Colts, that they  always disappointed, and that he was going to become a Jets fan. haha

He sounded serious, said that he was a Jets fan years ago, that he was going back. At least he won't be disappointed, as there will be no expectations with the Jets. 

Jets Happy Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

The Colts are a couple of pieces away. I hope they land a great pass rusher, TE, Corner and WR, be it via the draft or FA. 
     Obviously, the QB situation has to be resolved. Wentz HAS to “make the layups”, he’s got the arm and can make plays but can they coach the “bad Carson” out of him? Do we have a shot at another QB and would that be an upgrade? I’m trusting that Ballard and Reich will do what’s best for the team, with what limited resources they have.

A great Owner, a Front Office that is pretty good finding talent and a Coaching Staff that develops that talent are all components to a stable organization . The Colts are close to having a championship team. I’m hopeful for next year and beyond.

• Like 1

Indy is a great city to visit and hang out in before the game. Plenty of good restaurants, bars and hotels. Almost every place is walkable. If the weather is bad, you can still get to most places without having to go outside, or worse case, you brave it for a few blocks. Most people are very friendly. 

A beautiful indoor stadium. Colts fans are passionate, but not obnoxious. Visiting fans can come and cheer their team and not worry that they are putting their life in danger, unlike many other stadiums.

The team is a good group of guys, who are easy to root for. It would be nice to mix in a few more wins, but nothing is guaranteed in life. 

Enjoy every season, good, bad, or average. 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 9:36 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah the word "positive" now days is scary haha because of Covid.

Back in the 80s when the WWF started testing for cocaine the Iron Sheik tested positive. When they told Sheik he had tested positive he thought it was a good thing because of the English barrier. “Oh yes, yes very good! Sheiky positive! Yes yes, very good!” Then they had to sit him down and explain to him that it was bad that he had tested positive. 

Every time I hear or read the word positive I hear Skeiky baby in my mind saying “Sheiky positive, yes yes very good!”

• Haha 2

On 1/24/2022 at 6:37 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jets Happy Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

When I lived in Portland a few years ago my boss's, boss's, boss came to town from New York around halloween and wore a Jets jersey.  I told him nobody realized he was in costume because nobody had ever seen a Jets fan before.

• Haha 2

Love to see the positive threads.  I might not agree with everything the coaches and GM do but who the heck am I!  I know nothing about running an NFL team.  I think we are heading in the right direction and plan to see double digit wins next year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2022 at 5:52 PM, DEFENSE said:

i like the way the rams build no delayed gratification there

I don't like it. JMO. Growing up, that is what the Yankees did and fans of other teams hated them because they seemed to buy their teams. I am rooting for the Bengals in the Super Bowl, as they built their team the way I like it. It is a joy to watch. 

Anyway, back to the Colts. 

Did you know that Taylor won the Bert Bell Player of the year? Congratulations, JT! :applause:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...