Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CFL Bandaid...

TimetobringDfence!

15 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

We just signed a CFL tackle named Murray who went unsigned in SEA...smh I hope we still sign Pryor...

Seriously….   You’re becoming more unhinged with each post.   

We’re now back at a time where we have a 90 man roster.   90, not 53 or 69 with the ps.  90.

So all we’re doing at this moment is signing a free agent prospect.   That’s it.   No reason for you to be shaking your head.   We’re doing what we always do at this time of year.  Signing Murray doesn’t impact our decision on Pryor or anyone else.   Honestly. 

Take a deep breath.   This is going to be the longest off-season any of us have experienced.  

Yeah and Jeff Saturday was a department store manager before we signed him and he was a pro-bowler like 6 years in a row and 7th after a year or two break.

Offensive Lineman, time has shown, can come from literally anywhere.......he's 6'9" with 36 inch arms......that is a tall, long limbed piece of clay that has can be refined and molded with good coaching.

He may be the first cut, he may stick, one never knows. But here's the thing, go back and check out the comments about Pryor when we traded for him.....most were negative just like yours and look what you have to say about him now! 

*Disclaimer* I am not saying you were negative about Pryor but the general consensus on this board was the same reaction posted about Murray!

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

We’re now back at a time where we have a 90 man roster.   90, not 53 or 69 with the ps.  90.

So all we’re doing at this moment is signing a free agent prospect.   That’s it.   No reason for you to be shaking your head.   We’re doing what we always do at this time of year.  Signing Murray doesn’t impact our decision on Pryor or anyone else.   Honestly. 

Take a deep breath.   This is going to be the longest off-season any of us have experienced.  

We’re going to be signing all sorts of players in the coming months. Why not? It’s what all good GMs do. Bring in people during the off season and see what happens. 

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Your right I'm being hyper critical and a worry wart. But I don't see anything good happening with Wentz and I don't see all the holes getting filled this offseason. I mad that we signed Wentz and set us back from be competitive for a couple more years...we are so close to a championship team outside of the qb position its frustrating...

7 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Your right I'm being hyper critical and a worry wart. But I don't see anything good happening with Wentz and I don't see all the holes getting filled this offseason. I mad that we signed Wentz and set us back from be competitive for a couple more years...we are so close to a championship team outside of the qb position its frustrating...

It’s not even the end of January. . Let’s wait until FA before we start making bold statements like that. As soon as the SB is over we will start to hear all kinds of rumors . Wilson and Carr situations will be known in a few weeks too once rhe SB Is over and raiders hire their GM and coach.

Most importantly if Wentz is the QB let’s just see what happens the second year. He will get a TC and OTA. So let’s just see what happens.

6 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Thats the difference between us….

I see us as playoff caliber.   You see a near championship team.   And you’re not alone.  Plenty of other posters agree with you.  

But until we upgrade at WR, TE, CB, Safety, LT and DE, we’re not where we need to be.  And I deliberately left out QB, because I’m hoping we can manage to fix/solve it.   

This will be Ballard’s most difficult off-season with the Colts.   Plenty of time to get worked up.   I want you to pace yourself thru this time!    It will be a long, long off-season…

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Thats the difference between us….

I see us as playoff caliber.   You see a near championship team.   And you’re not alone.  Plenty of other posters agree with you.  

But until we upgrade at WR, TE, CB, Safety, LT and DE, we’re not where we need to be.  And I deliberately left out QB, because I’m hoping we can manage to fix/solve it.   

This will be Ballard’s most difficult off-season with the Colts.   Plenty of time to get worked up.   I want you to pace yourself thru this time!    It will be a long, long off-season…

I feel like if we could have had Rivers we would have been the top AFC team for sure. But we will struggle for playoffs until we find a new QB...

I will wait until FA is a few days old I will then  what direction to go as my feelings about this team. We will see if Ballard takes this offseason more serious. We have a lot more openings this year to fill then we did last season as far as FA. Which might be why Ballard sat on his hands last off season. He knew there was a lot of expiring contracts this off season.

9 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I will wait until FA is a few days old I will then  what direction to go as my feelings about this team. We will see if Ballard takes this offseason more serious. We have a lot more openings this year to fill then we did last season as far as FA. Which might be why Ballard sat on his hands last off season. He knew there was a lot of expiring contracts this off season.

I wonder if Rivers would come back on a team friendly one year deal? Bring back Cahd Kelly to learn under him...I was on the Chad Kelly train and still believe he is better than he gets credit for...

17 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You don't think nearly every team in the NFL has 'weaknesses' like the ones you mention? You make it seem like we were 4-13 or something?

WR - Pieces are there to be good, but a sure fire day-1 starter would be nice to ease the pressure on their development. Partially agree.

TE - Only Gransen remains as Doyle is likely to retire and Mo Alie-Cox is a FA. Re-sign Mo and add one of the 5-6 good TE's in FA. Agreed.

CB - Rodgers and Rock showed a lot of growth, and Moore is a beast at NB. Add talent here to either push Rock/Rodgers or a day-1 starter in FA. Partially agree.

Safety - Disagree, with the return of Blackmon paired with Willis and Odum, we have 3 good safety's to work with. We could stand to add QUALITY depth. I still like the idea of Xavier Rhodes converting and prolonging his career. Mostly disagree

LT - They don't grow on tree's and faced with needing a QB, LT and a stud DE last year I think we could have done worse than Wentz, Fisher and Paye??? Using trade, FA and draft to acquire those pieces. Now, could we stand to upgrade, possibly, or Fisher plays back to his normal skill level this coming year a full season removed from his injury. A full off-season for Wentz would hurt either. And Paye will most likely make that 2nd year jump. Disagree

DE - See above about Paye (highest graded rookie DE per PFF), plus Dayo who showed promise in limited snaps, will likely be even better and make that 2nd year jump and add to Stewart and Buckner in the middle to make a dominant line. Strongly disagree.

2 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

You don't think nearly every team in the NFL has 'weaknesses' like the ones you mention? You make it seem like we were 4-13 or something?

WR - Pieces are there to be good, but a sure fire day-1 starter would be nice to ease the pressure on their development. Partially agree.

TE - Only Gransen remains as Doyle is likely to retire and Mo Alie-Cox is a FA. Re-sign Mo and add one of the 5-6 good TE's in FA. Agreed.

CB - Rodgers and Rock showed a lot of growth, and Moore is a beast at NB. Add talent here to either push Rock/Rodgers or a day-1 starter in FA. Partially agree.

Safety - Disagree, with the return of Blackmon paired with Willis and Odum, we have 3 good safety's to work with. We could stand to add QUALITY depth. I still like the idea of Xavier Rhodes converting and prolonging his career. Mostly disagree

LT - They don't grow on tree's and faced with needing a QB, LT and a stud DE last year I think we could have done worse than Wentz, Fisher and Paye??? Using trade, FA and draft to acquire those pieces. Now, could we stand to upgrade, possibly, or Fisher plays back to his normal skill level this coming year a full season removed from his injury. A full off-season for Wentz would hurt either. And Paye will most likely make that 2nd year jump. Disagree

DE - See above about Paye (highest graded rookie DE per PFF), plus Dayo who showed promise in limited snaps, will likely be even better and make that 2nd year jump and add to Stewart and Buckner in the middle to make a dominant line. Strongly disagree.

Scott?    I’m long on record here..    I’ve said over and over again.   I think we are a playoff level team.   That means make the post-season and maybe even win a game. 

But do I think we’re a team that’s a legit Super Bowl contender right now?   No.   Do I think we could make a deep run in the playoffs?   Maybe, but not likely.   

I don’t need to do a break down position by position as you did.   Our problems speak for themselves — LOUDLY!!   I may be a big fan and admirer, but I’m also a realist.  And we have a LOT of work to do. 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Scott?    I’m long on record here..    I’ve said over and over again.   I think we are a playoff level team.   That means make the post-season and maybe even win a game. 

But do I think we’re a team that’s a legit Super Bowl contender right now?   No.   Do I think we could make a deep run in the playoffs?   Maybe, but not likely.   

I don’t need to do a break down position by position as you did.   Our problems speak for themselves — LOUDLY!!   I may be a big fan and admirer, but I’m also a realist.  And we have a LOT of work to do. 

I feel ya, I just don't think our weaknesses are as flawed as you do, that's all.

I do agree we are a few players away though. Where those improvements are made only time will tell. 

Archived