Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DS3

would you trade freeney if we got a 2nd rounder from jaguars

to be honest i was happy with the thought of trading freeney but they stopped those talk involving him so if the colts got this offer on draft day....

Don't see this happening but if it was offered the Colts would have to take it. A 2nd round pick from any team would be a great deal for us. Most I can see is a 3rd round pick from a playoff type team.

The Colts would take it if it was even possible of happening, but it's not likely we get a 2nd for him from any team.

In a heartbeat yes I would trade him for an early 2nd. It makes sense to get most everywhere since we wont be competing for a Superbowl for another 2-4 years anyways. Freeney wont be too effective come that time.

Yep I'd take it, and it'd be great if Nick Perry was still there too.

take it. take any trade to free up cap space

The cap space isn't that big of a deal anymore since most of the FA worth anything are off the board. We will still get the cap space next year when we can actually put it to use (last year of contract).

Don't the Raiders still have a 2nd round pick? If any suck...er, I mean 'team' would make that trade, the Raiders would.

Don't the Raiders still have a 2nd round pick? If any suck...er, I mean 'team' would make that trade, the Raiders would.

They dont have a 2nd rounder. I think our best bet to get a high pick would be from a team that has multiple 2nd rounders, like the Pats. Even though we would be trading him to our hated rival, a 2nd round pick is very good value for Freeney so I would still take it.

The 6th pick of round 2 for Freeney? There would still be lots of good talent left there. My heart says no, but my head says yes.

I'd be happy with a 3rd rounder for him.... the roster has been shredded already, so let's get a trade done if we can and bank the cap space.

At 32 years-old and apparently unwilling to re-do his contract, I'd be happy to unload him now.... he has no long-term value to a Colts team that is fully rebuilding, and his cap number is absolutely ridiculous.

Hypothetically.... a mid-3rd round pick packaged with our #64 pick could move us into the #45-50 range in the 2nd round if we'd want to target someone like Vinny Curry.

I would like to keep freeney until mid-season at leats to see how he does in the new defense...

It wold have to be a first round pick to get him prior to the draft.

By Mid-season..that could change..

I would like to keep freeney until mid-season at leats to see how he does in the new defense...

It wold have to be a first round pick to get him prior to the draft.

By Mid-season..that could change..

That's the thing, no team is dumb enough to give a 1st round pick for Freeney. Even they realize he's not worth a expensive pick.

Heck yeah I would but unrealistic for all of the reasons I have mentioned a number of times