Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eberflus hired as Bears new HC *UPDATED*

dw49

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, SchlicterSZN said:

Not singling you out, but I finally have to ask everyone.  I keep seeing dominant spelled this way here.  It's not a typo obviously, as it's several letters difference.  I assume people typing it this way, pronounce it "domin-ut" when they say speak, but for as many as I see typing "dominate" I never recall hearing anyone actually say anything other than "dominant". Lol.   I dunno, just odd to me is all, am I the only one that it's like nails on a chalkboard for, both spoken and written/typed?  

Probably, I'm weird.... Lol

Hay, just hang around to watch fans when they're team looses on game day. It goes nukeular around hear. 

2 hours ago, IinD said:

Sorry saints fans, I don't want to be part of a losing franchise now that I don't have a HOF QB... Lol

The move is to leave before you get fired. He wasnt winning with those QBs, or that defense, and a WR who was mentally done with him and the city. Payton is a smart man, you can only perform so much magic as a coach, at the end of the day....you need talent.

6 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

The move is to leave before you get fired. He wasnt winning with those QBs, or that defense, and a WR who was mentally done with him and the city. Payton is a smart man, you can only perform so much magic as a coach, at the end of the day....you need talent.

Totally agree. Was just putting a funny spin on it.

He knows they aren't winning anything anytime soon so he figures screw this.

19 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Was the DC in Seattle and favors the cover 3 mostly but switches to man on 3rd downs

Yes.  He would be great.   Indy is already running the cover 3 and trying to transition to cover 1 in certain passing situations. 

Currently cover 2 and quarters on third/long and 4th/long 

He would bring  blitzing and not completely rely on the front 4 to provide the pressure 

BUT.  it will take some revamp in the secondary and at DE's 

So everyone screaming for a LT may be very disappointed if most of the assets go towards the D.

Not to say both can't be accomplished.   Especially if they feel Fisher can make the turn after an injury recovery season in Indy

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I know that Polian is helping with this and he like Flus.   But why would Caldwell be in the building today if Poles wasn't there.  And Quinn and Flus get to meet with him?      I wonder if Caldwell is going to have a role of sorts in the front office.  ??   

Anyway thanks for keeping us posted 

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Caldwell is already 67. Will be interesting if they go that route.

Pete Carroll is 70.

I think i get what you mean but age shouldn't be a factor here. Can he do the job? Yes or no, that's all that matters.

16 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Pete Carroll is 70.

I think i get what you mean but age shouldn't be a factor here. Can he do the job? Yes or no, that's all that matters.

Yes but  I agree with bears fans in that he would probably just be a bridge coach for a couple years. But if he develops fields and turns the franchise around that might be ok.

5 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Let our search begin. It will be interesting to see what other moves are made

Internal promotion, hire one of the current analysts to replace whatever position coach gets bumped up, rinse, repeat....that's my fear....  my HOPE would be Reich still has enough juice with Irsay and Ballard to go get Schwartz from TN.... Two birds, one stone....

• Shive changed the title to Eberflus hired by CHI as HC *UPDATED*
  • Shive changed the title to Eberflus hired as Bears new HC *UPDATED*

Big time congrats to him. That's a nice job, he has an exciting new GM, a young talented QB, talent on defense, roster flexibility, and an organization that has committed itself to fixing its issues. I hope he does well.

I'm also looking forward to the Colts hiring a new DC. I hope it's not a promotion of an internal guy. I think we need new blood, a new voice, and fresh perspective to help the defense take a big step forward. 

But if it is an internal guy, I would expect James Rowe and Alan Williams to get consideration.

Archived