Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lack of Creativity

AustexColt

I believe it’s a bit of everything.  Scheme, situational football, player talent, development and execution all can be seen as deficiencies in some way. The more I break down film from this season the more I see a mini failures all over the place.  So many games decided by a few plays.  This is pointing more and more toward a complete let down all around but honestly it’s not by much.  I will keep repeating this all off season...10% improvement as a whole and we are competing for a #1 seed.  It’s really that close but in football that’s still far off enough you can miss the playoffs.  I’ve never been more interested in change by addition of a few pieces more than now.  I think most of the parts are there and would like to keep most of the team intact and simply try again. Very few players or coaches should be shown the door. 

Reich's offense is as creative as Ballard wants it to be.  Drafting JT is a perfect example.  He drafts a straight ahead runner from Wisconsin to replace his other straight ahead runner in Mack (never caught check downs or ran wheel routes or ran a stretch play towards the sideline)...who replaced straight ahead runner Frank Gore before that.  And that's just the RB position. 

There may be a time where Ballard assesses Frank's ability to develop players to execute the offense, but him concluding that Frank can't coach players who are 4th, 5th, and 6th rounders and UDFAs to perform better than what they are is a bit of a high bar to set.  Proper capital invested in Pitt and JT shows the difference as plain as the nose on our faces.

Archived