Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What a difference in QB play yesterday.

mirobi48

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, NDWentzFan said:

I can’t be sold on Carr being a savior when he hasn’t won a playoff game in 8 season seems like just another band aid that is a little better than the band aid we have.  

Only thing that will solve our issue is having a bad season. All these bandaids just keep colts in mediocrity.  Even Rodgers would be a 1 year fix and doesn’t advance the future. I am not sold on Wilson. He hasn’t done anything since that SB.

2 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I came away from yesterday saying I want a Burrow or Allen so bad. It makes me sick the entire situation of Luck retiring has done to this franchise. I feel bad for Reich. I don’t feel as bad for Ballard because I think he has had opportunities to fix it in the draft.

Totally agree. Andrew Luck has set this franchise way back. Drafting a new franchise Qb is not an exact science. The Colts took a gamble with Wentz and it hasn't work out so far. 

3 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I came away from yesterday saying I want a Burrow or Allen so bad. It makes me sick the entire situation of Luck retiring has done to this franchise. I feel bad for Reich. I don’t feel as bad for Ballard because I think he has had opportunities to fix it in the draft.

Who?

9Colts best chance at getting a franchise QB is the 23 draft and they're going to need to be In top 10. Ballard needs to do whatever possible to move up in that years draft. As long as they don't go 3 consecutive he should be able to grab a top QB. 

I just dont see how else this team is going to get a QB before then. I dont think anyone out there is better than Wentz, and if they are, still aren't good enough to win playoff games. 

11 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

9Colts best chance at getting a franchise QB is the 23 draft and they're going to need to be In top 10. Ballard needs to do whatever possible to move up in that years draft. As long as they don't go 3 consecutive he should be able to grab a top QB. 

I just dont see how else this team is going to get a QB before then. I dont think anyone out there is better than Wentz, and if they are, still aren't good enough to win playoff games. 

This is why they probably should just stick with Wentz. Don’t give up anymore draft picks that we can use in 2023. We might have to do what bills did and trade a couple players along with picks to get that QB.

23 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

This is why they probably should just stick with Wentz. Don’t give up anymore draft picks that we can use in 2023. We might have to do what bills did and trade a couple players along with picks to get that QB.

Which im fine with to be honest. You trade who you need for that guy. 

3 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Which im fine with to be honest. You trade who you need for that guy. 

They have to realize there is no bandaid that is going to fix this problem.Giving up more picks for Jimmy g or Carr and taking yourself out of the QB market in the draft would not be very smart. We aren’t giving that much up for Rodgers who might have one year left and then your right back in the same situation. No draft picks for a successor.

16 hours ago, NDWentzFan said:

I can’t be sold on Carr being a savior when he hasn’t won a playoff game in 8 season seems like just another band aid that is a little better than the band aid we have.  

Carr in our system would be such an upgrade, always feel he’s underrated.

32 minutes ago, Jack86 said:

Carr in our system would be such an upgrade, always feel he’s underrated.

I agree, a lot of it is about system. Jimmy G would too. Neither are great QB's but are above average to good at times. I have seen QB's like Dilfer and Johnson win SB's being the definition of average/game manager, of course Foles too. Wentz could be that guy but after what happened the last 2 weeks, I am back to being not sold. Wentz had me sold for a while though. Just like I am not sold on QB's like even Tannehill,  or a Trubisky, or a Darnold for example. Jimmy G got the 49ers to a SB by beating GB by the way so he has proven he can win big playoff games. He won in Dallas today, he had 1 mistake but other than that I thought he played well.

20 hours ago, DougDew said:

Jalen Hurts is terrible.  Will probably be out of the NFL within three years.   He's not even that good of a runner.

Very true. But, but, but....he is a stellar human being and leader. Sirianni is in a difficult position as a newbie HC. He can't come out and say "look, this guy is very limited as a passer and I can only do so much with him...". So he will let the Eagles self-destruct, keep his job by maximizing what he can out of Hurts until management wants to go away from him and keep him around as a backup at best.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Very true. But, but, but....he is a stellar human being and leader. Sirianni is in a difficult position as a newbie HC. He can't come out and say "look, this guy is very limited as a passer and I can only do so much with him...". So he will let the Eagles self-destruct, keep his job by maximizing what he can out of Hurts until management wants to go away from him and keep him around as a backup at best.

They have 3 firsts this year. They can get a QB if they like any of them. 

13 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

The thing is look how long he had been in the league. That was his first playoff appearance this past weekend.

I laughed at this. Jason would give up all our playmakers to get Wilson lol.

472886A1-88FE-4044-A88A-E0BA1A682DAD.jpeg

Yeah, we just make moves to maximize our window with those cornerstone players like Q and JT. Kelly, I can see it but things can go south pretty fast with one injury to Pinter and we will be regretting that move, plus the impact on the family like atmosphere amongst OL. 

Not an option in 2022, IMO. 

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Yes, apparently the owner and GM are at odds if they want to give Hurts another year. Hope they are in sync after watching yesterday's playoff game.

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Yes, if they don't do it this draft, they will miss the boat. Even if their 3rd first round pick is from a future year for Watson or Wilson, it would work for most teams if the Eagles want to keep 1 first round pick out of 3 this year.

There will be a lot of teams wanting Wilson if he he leaves Seattle.  I was just looking at their WR depth chart. Outside of Metkalf and Lockett they don’t have too much. If colts could get one or two more WR and a TE maybe they could get him here. I remember him complaining about the oline and not running the ball enough. That wouldn’t be a problem here. Taylor would be a huge incentive for him to come here. Bur giving up first round picks will hurt finding the players we need at certain positions. 

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, a lot of it is about system. Jimmy G would too. Neither are great QB's but are above average to good at times. I have seen QB's like Dilfer and Johnson win SB's being the definition of average/game manager, of course Foles too. Wentz could be that guy but after what happened the last 2 weeks, I am back to being not sold. Wentz had me sold for a while though. Just like I am not sold on QB's like even Tannehill,  or a Trubisky, or a Darnold for example. Jimmy G got the 49ers to a SB by beating GB by the way so he has proven he can win big playoff games. He won in Dallas today, he had 1 mistake but other than that I thought he played well.

Jimmy had three huge mistakes yesterday.  He overthrew a receiver for what could have been the TD to ice the game. If anything it would have been a huge gain and got them in FG range which would have iced the game as well. 

He had the overthrow that was intercepted and allowed Dallas to cut it to one possession. Last one was 4th and inches to run the clock out.  He had a guy go in motion then hiked the ball before he was set. He converted the 1st down but the play was called back for a false start and they had to punt to Dallas. 

He is a good QB but it’s not like he is much better if any than Wentz and has durability issues as well.  I do not want that guy bc it will be the same song and dance we are doing now.  I do believe we both agree on Carr. Wish we could have got him instead of Wentz. 

*Edit*. Looked up the 2019 NFC championship game where Jimmy won against GB.  He went 6/8 for 77yds.  Mostert rushed for 220 and 4TDs. 

13 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Jimmy had three huge mistakes yesterday.  He overthrew a receiver for what could have been the TD to ice the game. If anything it would have been a huge gain and got them in FG range which would have iced the game as well. 

He had the overthrow that was intercepted and allowed Dallas to cut it to one possession. Last one was 4th and inches to run the clock out.  He had a guy go in motion then hiked the ball before he was set. He converted the 1st down but the play was called back for a false start and they had to punt to Dallas. 

He is a good QB but it’s not like he is much better if any than Wentz and has durability issues as well.  I do not want that guy bc it will be the same song and dance we are doing now.  I do believe we both agree on Carr. Wish we could have got him instead of Wentz. 

*Edit*. Looked up the 2019 NFC championship game where Jimmy won against GB.  He went 6/8 for 77yds.  Mostert rushed for 220 and 4TDs. 

Yep. That is why if we can get Wentz to work on his short passing game and mechanics with some weapons added, there is a good chance we give it another go with Wentz. Just don't want any knee jerk sentiments from Irsay or Ballard or Reich that would let them think the grass is greener on any other side, unless RW or Rodgers walk through that door, which will not happen.

15 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

They have to realize there is no bandaid that is going to fix this problem.Giving up more picks for Jimmy g or Carr and taking yourself out of the QB market in the draft would not be very smart. We aren’t giving that much up for Rodgers who might have one year left and then your right back in the same situation. No draft picks for a successor.

I think as time goes on it has to become more obvious that 2023 is the year we grab our franchise QB. That would be the only way Ballard passifies irsay, especially if Ballard were to get more time past 2022. Thats just my perspective on it. I think you pretty much have to take your lumps with Wentz next year and then go draft. 

6 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Russ said at the end of the season he wants to stay in Seattle.

The only other place he would go is to the team that has given Brady fits as a D with an excellent offensive play caller inside a dome, New Orleans Saints. With Michael Thomas back and Kamara at RB, with that D, RW would do very well there, and Taysom Hill can go back to being a jack of all trades. :) 

10 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I think as time goes on it has to become more obvious that 2023 is the year we grab our franchise QB. That would be the only way Ballard passifies irsay, especially if Ballard were to get more time past 2022. Thats just my perspective on it. I think you pretty much have to take your lumps with Wentz next year and then go draft. 

I just looked at the 2023 prospects. Way better than this year but it’s Ohio State, Alabama and Oklahoma QBs leading the charge.  All systems that besides Kyler Murray, haven’t produced a good QB yet. Article did say to watch the guys at BYU and Fresno State. 

2 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I just looked at the 2023 prospects. Way better than this year but it’s Ohio State, Alabama and Oklahoma QBs leading the charge.  All systems that besides Kyler Murray, haven’t produced a good QB yet. Article did say to watch the guys at BYU and Fresno State. 

I like Jake Haener of Fresno State, he makes tight window throws and throws his receivers open, he is the perfect QB for our system, IMO, with the arm and accuracy for tight windows.

22 hours ago, DougDew said:

Jalen Hurts is terrible.  Will probably be out of the NFL within three years.   He's not even that good of a runner.

I agree that Hurts doesn't have the arm talent to be a good QB , but he is a good runner. I was reading that he has an ankle injury that may or may not require surgery

Archived