Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Superstars Only ?

Thorolf

Suggesting Blair White was a super star? LOL.

No, he wasn't a superstar yet, remember? He was only in the league 2 years and you can't develop into a superstar in only 2 years. I mean, look at Peyton Manning.

But, had Blair White only been given the opportunity.....then he likely would have developed into a superstar.

No, he wasn't a superstar yet, remember? He was only in the league 2 years and you can't develop into a superstar in only 2 years. I mean, look at Peyton Manning.

But, had Blair White only been given the opportunity.....then he likely would have developed into a superstar.

2m8626d.png

I think enough people on here have mentioned that some are "freaking out" or have done alot of unecessary double posting (my version of stating what another person has already said) and in some cases unecessary sarcastic ways perhaps those people that do that need to realize that maybe their emotions of the other group of releases that took place a while back (Peyton Manning especially) and just saw Whites release not as getting rid of some extraordinary talent but more along the lines of "another release!? how many people is he going to release?! Hes cutting the whole team!" while that all is irrational some may feel that way others may have simply forgot to look at the depth chart but regardless the attitudes need to stop, now we all love the Colts thats why were here (mostly). But the attitudes tick alot of people off, now some will say "well dont read them. to that I would say, kinda hard not to at least begin to read them when your wanting to catch up on what was said while you were gone isnt it?

He was an average-at-best player who got cut. Players like him get cut all the time.

What's the big deal?

you took the time to go back to one of my earlier posts and not read my last post ? about double posting (as I call it),thats pretty childish dont you think? again refer to my last post

Going on record as having said that Irsay is doing a good job, IMO. He is a very likable owner who seems to genuinely care about winning football games more than making cash by signing gimmick players (Jets, among others) just to attract folks to LOS. While I have had reservations about some (but very few) of the roster and staff cuts this year, I can confidently chalk it up to the fact that the FO has more info than I do. I don't know how Grigson, Pagano, Arians, ect. will work out, but I like what they've done this offseason with such limited resources and turmoil. I was impressed by Blair White in 2010, but his departure is not a death blow to our rebuild. Exciting time to be a colts fan!

Receivers that are 4th or 5th on the depth chart have to be good on special teams or they get cut. Picking up a late round draft choice or UFA that can play special teams is much more valuable than a receiver who may be a little better, but will still rarely see the field.

Oh, no! Not Blair White! If we suck the next few years, fans are going to be screaming for Irsay's head for releasing Blair White! :sarcasm:

I know! It's like, who are we going to cut next?! Mike Tepper?! Mike Newton?! Ollie Ogbu?! I sure hope Mike Holmes and Jermale Hines aren't on the chopping block. When will this madness end?! This kind of stuff NEVER happens on other NFL teams. What we are witnessing now is completely unprecedented.

OP is right, man.....you gotta be a superstar to make this team now, apparently.

I know! It's like, who are we going to cut next?! Mike Tepper?! Mike Newton?! Ollie Ogbu?! I sure hope Mike Holmes and Jermale Hines aren't on the chopping block. When will this madness end?! This kind of stuff NEVER happens on other NFL teams. What we are witnessing now is completely unprecedented.

OP is right, man.....you gotta be a superstar to make this team now, apparently.

Yeah we would never cut a superstar like Peyton manning oh wait...

I agree 100%.. I have been saying this to my family and friends since they started cutting players and coaches at the end of the season. Some moves where right on.. some plain stupid to me.

The Colts made it to the playoffs for so many years because of the team Tony Dungy.. Bill Polian.. and Peyton Manning help build and groom. Everything about the way we use to win has been thrown away(Stupid). We will have a bunch of untested rookies and coaches.

The next 5 years will be very interesting.

Yeah we would never cut a superstar like Peyton manning oh wait...

Are you talking to me?

Your response has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted. This topic pertains to Blair White and his merits as a football player.

If you want to discuss whether or not the Colts would ever cut a superstar, start a new thread.

I agree 100%.. I have been saying this to my family and friends since they started cutting players and coaches at the end of the season. Some moves where right on.. some plain stupid to me.

The Colts made it to the playoffs for so many years because of the team Tony Dungy.. Bill Polian.. and Peyton Manning help build and groom. Everything about the way we use to win has been thrown away(Stupid). We will have a bunch of untested rookies and coaches.

The next 5 years will be very interesting.

"The way we used to win" put us in position last year to where our roster was so devoid of talent, that when you took away our best player, we went 2-14 and were the worst NFL team on the planet.

Bill Polian obviously couldn't be trusted to infuse this team with talent because he's the one who put us in this position, by f'ing up the past 5 drafts & refusing to sign any impact free agents. Tony Dungy retired 4 years ago, in case you missed that.....thus, a new regime is running the show.

Are you talking to me?

Your response has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted. This topic pertains to Blair White and his merits as a football player.

If you want to discuss whether or not the Colts would ever cut a superstar, start a new thread.

More building off what you said in a sarcasitc way not taking a shot at you so relax. I agree with your view point more or less saying cutting guys like this happens all the time and I just find this whole thread kinda laughbable since it was started in the same off-season as cutting Peyton Manning. I think most would say he he's a super star and that didn't stop us from cutting him. That's all I was pointing out.

"The way we used to win" put us in position last year to where our roster was so devoid of talent, that when you took away our best player, we went 2-14 and were the worst NFL team on the planet.

Bill Polian obviously couldn't be trusted to infuse this team with talent because he's the one who put us in this position, by f'ing up the past 5 drafts & refusing to sign any impact free agents. Tony Dungy retired 4 years ago, in case you missed that.....thus, a new regime is running the show.

One bad season vs multiple years of success??.. I think we where doing something right considering no other NFL team was able to do it. Bill polian made some bad choices no doubt.. but you can't just throw away all the things he did for the team. The positives out weigh the negatives. We made the playoffs every year after we got Tony Dungy as head coach. That speaks for itself. Tony Dungy got us our first Superbowl win in Indianapolis and left on his own free will to be with his family and pursue something else. He was not fired.. in case you missed that.

The fact that the anchor on the team (Peyton) was missing and the team was riddled with injuries had alot to do with our poor season. Everybody knows that the man under center has atleast 60% to do with a team winning or losing. Our offensive line was shot!!.. We had three terrible Qb's on the team. That's why we sucked.

Fans in Indianapolis got soooo spoiled off our success over the past decade.. that we forgot what it felt like to lose that bad. That's the reason everybody was screaming for change. We all freaked out and turned on the team we claimed to love so much. Now we are in the "rebuilding".. stage.

I'm not saying that we are gonna suck now because of all the changes.. All i said was "It will be a very interesting 5 years"

Colts have cut a lot of oft injured players. Yet they sign Avery? With only Wayne, Collie, (another injury risk) and Avery (another injury risk) on the roster at wide receiver I totally expect Indy to draft a couple WR's.... And probably sign several more veteran and UDFA WR's.

Let em all battle it out in camp. I kinda hope Luck's team mate at Stanford C Owusu could be drafted late or brought in as a free agent.

I agree John Dee!! If you cannot pass a physical this regime will not keep you around. I liked White but I will not miss his 0 catches in 7 games this past year.

you can't just throw away all the things he did for the team.

Likw what draft Peyton Manning??

One bad season vs multiple years of success??.. I think we where doing something right considering no other NFL team was able to do it. Bill polian made some bad choices no doubt.. but you can't just throw away all the things he did for the team. The positives out weigh the negatives. We made the playoffs every year after we got Tony Dungy as head coach. That speaks for itself. Tony Dungy got us our first Superbowl win in Indianapolis and left on his own free will to be with his family and pursue something else. He was not fired.. in case you missed that.

The fact that the anchor on the team (Peyton) was missing and the team was riddled with injuries had alot to do with our poor season. Everybody knows that the man under center has atleast 60% to do with a team winning or losing. Our offensive line was shot!!.. We had three terrible Qb's on the team. That's why we sucked.

Fans in Indianapolis got soooo spoiled off our success over the past decade.. that we forgot what it felt like to lose that bad. That's the reason everybody was screaming for change. We all freaked out and turned on the team we claimed to love so much. Now we are in the "rebuilding".. stage.

I'm not saying that we are gonna suck now because of all the changes.. All i said was "It will be a very interesting 5 years"

DN???

Polian made two brilliant decisions, drafting Peyton over Leaf & Edge over Williams... other than that his drafting was o.k.

sure Wayne, Freeney, Clark, are/were all good players, but there are other players from each of those drafts still playing at a high level, that could've been drafted by the colts. Other than that Polian was arrogant and also left the team open for a massive drop-off in one single season...

Sure Dungy left four years ago but he also basically left us with Caldwell and a shell of a coaching regime...

QBs are responsible for 60%- I agree QB's have a hand in the success of a football team, but you are just making up numbers there....

Everything about the way we used to win has been thrown away???

Last I checked you win by having more points than the other team...

Colts have for a long time been labeled, soft or finese, we have been known for a soft, fast defense. Maybe with a new defensive scheme and mindset we can lose the finese MONIKER & ACTUALLY PLAY SOME AGGRESSIVE FOOTBALL....

Not so sure about being spoiled, Colts had a great run with a once in a lifetime quarterback, and we might just get to see another run with a new regime, and a new overall mindset...

Ill take tough and big and nasty and physical over soft, fast finesse, what happens when fast, small finesse players hit big nasty mean players? the small fast soft finesse players bounce off them like flies. and the tackling was atrocious (especially when we werent gang tackling) that had to do with the way they were being taught and their lack of size