Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reich Presser

EastStreet

5 minutes ago, coltsfan_canada said:

Maybe offense changed maybe QB changed who knows is it Rivers effect or Wentz effect? Or OC? 

Philip Rivers, (the statue that he is) won 1 more game (in 1 fewer opportunity) than Wentz did - both QBs lacked an offseason training camp but Rivers' experience was able to overcome it, in the end Wentz's lack thereof was not.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, #12. said:

How do you show so much heart and determination in Arizona, down 9 starters, then show zero heart the final two weeks with the playoffs on the line?  

What in the hell.

There is something that went wrong in the locker room. Im not sure if it will ever get out, but i'd bet something happened. Could have been all the vax vs non vax stuff, not sure, but the timing is odd. 

10 minutes ago, life long said:

You should continue to apologize for jinxing the team. Like you, the Colts underestimated their opponent today. Shame on anyone foolish enough to not take their opponents seriously. 

Well we should've beat a 2 win team, who would've thought otherwise. We were a 15 point favorite lol. Not much else I can say other than the loss was cute haha 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am talking to a friend of mine on the phone right now and he said Jacksonsville is celebrating like they won the SB. Pretty jovial. He lives there.

I'm sure they are.  

They had a crappy season. 

Then the Urban Meyer fiasco.

This was just what they needed, something to celebrate. Good for them.  

Our team just threw in the towel 2 weeks ago. 

4 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I'm sure they are.  

They had a crappy season. 

Then the Urban Meyer fiasco.

This was just what they needed, something to celebrate. Good for them.  

Our team just threw in the towel 2 weeks ago. 

I was surprised we lost last week but this week has me thinking how good are we really? We laid a fat egg today and I was talking smack, they made you and our fans and me look bad.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was surprised we lost last week but this week has me thinking how good are we really? We laid a fat egg today and I was talking smack, they made you and our fans and me look bad.

They didn't make you or me look bad..  we had nothing to do with it..

They did embarrass the % out of our team when they pulled the upset of the week and held on to the #1 draft pick.

I'd say that's something to celebrate for them.

Kuuush/Pagel duo, unreal haha . I was thinking what is the 5 worse losses I have seen as a fan since 1984. I would rank this high:

1. was the to the Saints in the SB (2009)

2. 1995 loss to Pitt in the AFC Title Game 

3. 2005 playoff loss to Pitt

4. may be this one today, considering the opponent and circumstances. What was at stake, This a shocking a disturbing loss. Now It has me even wondering where to do we go from here? This one stings. I just hope we don't waste away JT's career with a team that can only be a 9-7, 10-6 team. We wasted the Dickerson years because we had Jack Trudeau and Gary Hogeboom lmao . Dick could get 150 yards in his sleep but he had Jock lmao 

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we’re just the model of inconsistency. From coaching, to players, to how our season went. 

The only consistent good things came from JT and Buck. Leonard had a solid year causing turnovers, but injuries made him look so slow at times.

There’s a serious culture problem with this franchise.Every freaking year we always seem to play soft,always getting bullied and never the bully.We don’t know how to play smash mouth,in your face,knock the crap out of each other football.Most teams who win consistently are the bullies..Ravens,Steelers,Pats,Titans.We wasted all those years with Peyton playing soft,should have won multiple titles instead of just 1.

54 minutes ago, #12. said:

How do you show so much heart and determination in Arizona, down 9 starters, then show zero heart the final two weeks with the playoffs on the line?  

What in the hell?

AZ was missing their best WR and RB among others.  We tend to overlook that. 

What in the hell?

What in the hell?

This isn't even close to a horrible loss. 

This team was one and done in the playoffs anyway.  None of the playoff teams were going to be stupid enough to let JT run all over them once the tape showed that he was the only offensive weapon.   The team  overachieved in the middle of the season and gave false hope to the homers who think that this is a good roster. 

It settled in at 9-8 and just missing the playoffs, about the absolute best a team can be when its best players are a G, a RT, a RB, an X WR, one DL and a WILL. 

Due to good coaching.

1 hour ago, yankeeclipper said:

Losing to the Titans, Bucs, Ravens and Raiders is one thing.  Those are good teams.  Losing to the Jags is just hard to comprehend.   I  was not taking this team for granted since they always play us tough but I was not expecting to be so thoroughly outplayed in all facets of this game today.  Team needs to make upgrades in several areas. On offense we need a  pass catching TE and big play WR. We need to look at LT spot. Fisher was average at best.  We need to find a better way to use Hines in this offense. We paid him a lot of money to be used so sparingly.  I will give Wentz a pass. We need to find  the right scheme for him to excel in.  We cannot just win games based on JT. 

On defense, we need  help a corner and safety. We can alway use more  pass rush and I am hoping that Paye and Dayo are part of the Answer. 

This roster will see turnover. Hilton and Doyle likely retire. Pascal is probably gone along with Mack (not sure why we signed him if he was going to be inactive most of the season).  Colts will likely transition away from Rhodes and Carrie. Rock and Rogers have played well but we need more help at corner.  We missed Blackmon at Safety and we can use some playmakers at the safety spot.  Team needs to upgrade through draft and FA market and have a good draft without a #1.

Not really Patriots lost to dolphins in Miami again if that game had been a must win they be out to

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

This isn't even close to a horrible loss. 

This team was one and done in the playoffs anyway.  None of the playoff teams were going to be stupid enough to let JT run all over them once the tape showed that he was the only offensive weapon.   The team  overachieved in the middle of the season and gave false hope to the homers who think that this is a good roster. 

It settled in at 9-8 and just missing the playoffs, about where a team will be when its best players are a G, a RT, a RB an X and a WILL. 

Can’t argue that maybe we are paying too much for positions that don’t matter in the end.

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Can’t argue that maybe we are paying too much for positions that don’t matter in the end.

Gotta evaluate the compensation we give to:

Fisher

Moore

Kelly

TY

Doyle

Rhodes

Hines

Grover

Together, they account for a pretty good chunk of cap space.

8 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

it was one of the biggest upsets in league history going by point spreads, it was pretty bad man

Yeah, I get this game was a surprise to some (but a lot of us knew it would be at least tough)  The market overvalued the Colts relative to what they are. 

I mean that its not that bad about what it meant to us in the know.  9-8 and just missed the playoffs is actually about right.

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Kuuush/Pagel duo, unreal haha . I was thinking what is the 5 worse losses I have seen as a fan since 1984. I would rank this high:

1. was the to the Saints in the SB (2009)

2. 1995 loss to Pitt in the AFC Title Game 

3. 2005 playoff loss to Pitt

4. may be this one today, considering the opponent and circumstances. What was at stake, This a shocking a disturbing loss. Now It has me even wondering where to do we go from here? This one stings. I just hope we don't waste away JT's career with a team that can only be a 9-7, 10-6 team. We wasted the Dickerson years because we had Jack Trudeau and Gary Hogeboom lmao . Dick could get 150 yards in his sleep but he had Jock lmao 

To follow this up, the way we lost to the Pats in the 2014 AFC Title Game was bad too. We had Andrew then but their team was loaded.

Archived