Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG3 will be a bust

66 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about RG3 beging a bust

• Your spot on
    • Your an idot he will be amazing
    • Just wait and see your getting a head of your self

Well, I can come out and say Andrew Luck will be a bust, or Matt Kalil, or anybody, but without any major points to back that up, you just look silly. You can't just say he's like Jamarcus Russell (which he's not), b/c that's not enough.

Please give me 5 reasons why you think he'll be a bust.

Thank you Nostradamus. Can you please tell me who will win the NBA finals this year and if so in how many games as well? You're getting ahead of yourself assuming RGIII will be a bust. Griffin hasn't even taken a snap in the NFL yet.

THE SUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha i wish.

I really like this guy. But i feel like he will be a BIG bust. You look at him and he dose have talent. But hes a late blumer and he still is bluming but i dont feel the NFL is a place for him. Kinda like Jamarcus Russell. Running QB who can throw, but idt he will be to good.

Huge difference between Russell and Griffin: Russell didn't care. He wanted to get paid and blame others for all of his shortcomings. Griffin seems like a hard-working, smart leader who I think will be a successful NFL QB

Well, I can come out and say Andrew Luck will be a bust, or Matt Kalil, or anybody, but without any major points to back that up, you just look silly. You can't just say he's like Jamarcus Russell (which he's not), b/c that's not enough.

Well said, Andy. There's nothing wrong with coming out and saying any player will be a bust. Just provide good reasons for your claim

I think it's a little unfair to be calling this kid a bust before he even plays a snap in the NFL. Is he going to be an elite QB? Who knows. No one knows. You can't even honestly say Luck is going to be one before he even plays an NFL game.

I say we just let these young men play first, then pass judgment on the kind players they are.

Wasn't Cam Newton labeled a bust before he was drafted?

Nobody knows how hard these guys will work when they get paid. Even Luck.... But I think AL is going to be fine. He has been working with T Moore, he has worked out for any team wanting him to. Dude called his own plays half the season last year. And he is from a affluent family, he already has money. Luck is as safe a bet at QB IMO since Peyton.

RG3 ???? I bugs me a bit he refused to workout for Indy. And his comments about being "fine" with backing up Manning bother me a bit. And this guy played with some outstanding talent around him. Just glad I don't have to worry about RG3.

I still think it would be interesting if a rival league like the UFL or the USFL or even the CFL could work out the financing to outpay the rookie cap limits and steal one or even both of these guys away from the NFL. Talk about a way to generate some publicity and interest in your league. Does a team get any kind of compensation if their draft pick decides not to play in the NFL?

I still think it would be interesting if a rival league like the UFL or the USFL or even the CFL could work out the financing to outpay the rookie cap limits and steal one or even both of these guys away from the NFL. Talk about a way to generate some publicity and interest in your league. Does a team get any kind of compensation if their draft pick decides not to play in the NFL?

The CFL has a lot of interest here in Canada. It's just not as big worldwide and its operations are much much smaller. There are only 8 teams and the salary cap is around $4.5 mil

$4.5 mil total per team? That's probably not enough to make any kind of play, even with the rookie cap. What is the NFL cap for a high first-round draft pick?

I know the CFL is pretty popular in Canada. I listened to some sports radio while I was in Ottawa and Montreal on business, and they got a decent amount of coverage. I didn't realize that you were from Canada.

Well Baylor didn't really do a tremendous job in preparing RGIII for the pros, but he has the tools to be successful.

The Heat will be winning the NBA Finals, and then they'll win one with Steve Nash next year. ;)

Well Baylor didn't really do a tremendous job in preparing RGIII for the pros, but he has the tools to be successful.

The Heat will be winning the NBA Finals, and then they'll win one with Steve Nash next year. ;)

The Heat are soft... They won't beat Indiana in the second round.

The Heat are soft... They won't beat Indiana in the second round.

I think we've blown them out 3 times and are 4-0 this season against them so they're not exactly the best of matchups lol. And only Chris Bosh is playing extremely soft right now, but he was last year too and then stepped up big time in the playoffs so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt right now.

I think we've blown them out 3 times and are 4-0 this season against them so they're not exactly the best of matchups lol. And only Chris Bosh is playing extremely soft right now, but he was last year too and then stepped up big time in the playoffs so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt right now.

Prince James is soft. And a NO SHOW when it matters.

Indiana lost by 2, and spanked Miami the last 2 played. The Pacers are on the come.

Prince James is soft. And a NO SHOW when it matters.

Indiana lost by 2, and spanked Miami the last 2 played. The Pacers are on the come.

I think they beat us the last time we played them...can't remember a time other than that. And LeBron has been great recently and in the playoffs up until about game 3 of the Finals last year. The Pacers being anywhere near the Heat's level is laughable. Danny Granger and Roy freakin' Hibbert aren't beating LeBron, Wade and Bosh in the playoffs, sorry. They are a good team though I'll give them that.

$4.5 mil total per team? That's probably not enough to make any kind of play, even with the rookie cap. What is the NFL cap for a high first-round draft pick?

I know the CFL is pretty popular in Canada. I listened to some sports radio while I was in Ottawa and Montreal on business, and they got a decent amount of coverage. I didn't realize that you were from Canada.

Yep, living in Canada. A few years ago, the Edmonton Eskimos signed then-QB Ricky Ray to a contract that was worth $500 000 and he was the highest paid player in league history. Not sure if that's changed now. Caps are as follows:

2010: $4,250,000

2011: $4,300,000

2012: $4,350,000

2013: $4,400,000

And minimum team salary are:

2010: $3,900,000

2011: $3,900,000

2012: $4,000,000

2013: $4,000,000

With minimum player contract being:

2010: $42,000

2011: $43,000

2012: $44,000

2013: $45,000

I think RG3 will be good, but I see it taking a long time for him and Washington to become a relavent team. With the way Snyder runs that show, he would do best to get out of his own way, get a good GM in there, and let everything fall into place.

I have much more confidence in RG3 than I did in Cam Newton, heck I'm still not sold on Newton.

1.He better learn to slide hes going to be hit hard and often (Big Injury Risk)

2.Overconfident (Think he will not put his whole heart into the game)

3.As above too much confidence leads to less studying of film because ( Why study when you already know everything)

4.Even though its great to be cocky he will fold under NFL pressure when it comes to calling his own plays (Which he has never done no experience calling his own plays or reading DEF)

5.Whi

ch makes for happy feet which leads to turnovers or worse( Griffin out for season with torn ACL or Back)

6.The best i ever see him as is Michael Vick injury prone running smaller QBs and end up on bench.

3.As above too much confidence leads to less studying of film because ( Why study when you already know everything)

4.Even though its great to be cocky he will fold under NFL pressure when it comes to calling his own plays (Which he has never done no experience calling his own plays or reading DEF)

5.Whi

ch makes for happy feet which leads to turnovers or worse( Griffin out for season with torn ACL or Back)

6.The best i ever see him as is Michael Vick injury prone running smaller QBs and end up on bench.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/752574-nfl-power-rankings-ranking-all-32-offensive-lines-in-the-nfl-for-2011/page/4Oh and Washington cannot protect the QB?

5.Whi

1. He does slide, and besides thats no reason to label him a bust.

2-4. (since there basically the same thing written differently). Was Peyton overconfident when he said id kick your butt for the next 15 years? Correct me if im wrong but i believe Peyton did study some film. I mean just a little bit, considering you know...his enormous ego and all.

6. He is the size of Aaron Rodgers...So invalid.

So lets summarize what we just learned. RG3 will bust because he may possibly get happy feet occasionally, if under pressure. He is confident so therefore will not study film. (fact i guess?) Because he is a edit QB that can run we throw his size and weight out the window and use Michael Vicks measurements instead. (apparently). Therefore he is to small. Oh and because he doesnt slide all the time. (HUGE indicator if the player will bust or not)

Great glad we got that out of the way now lets do Luck.

1. His neck beard will be uncomfortable and give him a rash which will distract him from playing and he will suck.

2. He enjoys playing football so wont take it seriously and will suck.

3. Hes a edit QB, with athletic ability, just like David Carr.

4. David Carr couldnt handle getting hit all the time and struggled because of it. Therefore Luck will struggle as well.

5. Did David Carr get any injury's? If yes then Luck will get injured as well.

Edited by Coltssouth
inappropriate

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, April 15, 2012 - argument - not needed
Hidden by Coltssouth, April 15, 2012 - argument - not needed

1. He does slide, and besides thats no reason to label him a bust.

2-4. (since there basically the same thing written differently). Was Peyton overconfident when he said id kick your butt for the next 15 years? Correct me if im wrong but i believe Peyton did study some film. I mean just a little bit, considering you know...his enormous ego and all.

6. He is the size of Aaron Rodgers...So invalid.

So lets summarize what we just learned. RG3 will bust because he may possibly get happy feet occasionally, if under pressure. He is confident so therefore will not study film. (fact i guess?) Because he is a QB that can run we throw his size and weight out the window and use Michael Vicks measurements instead. (apparently). Therefore he is to small. Oh and because he doesnt slide all the time. (HUGE indicator if the player will bust or not)

Great glad we got that out of the way now lets do Luck.

1. His neck beard will be uncomfortable and give him a rash which will distract him from playing and he will suck.

2. He enjoys playing football so wont take it seriously and will suck.

3. Hes a QB, with athletic ability, just like David Carr.

4. David Carr couldnt handle getting hit all the time and struggled because of it. Therefore Luck will struggle as well.

5. Did David Carr get any injury's? If yes then Luck will get injured as well.

I never used Black or White but since you have Wow u have issues mods should bann you for even using that language

I never used Black or White but since you have Wow u have issues mods should bann you for even using that language

Where was the hate towards each race? There was no assault on any culture or race in that post. Nice try though.

Where was the hate towards each race? There was no assault on any culture or race in that post. Nice try though.

Then why would you use black and white u need banned

I really like this guy. But i feel like he will be a BIG bust. You look at him and he dose have talent. But hes a late blumer and he still is bluming but i dont feel the NFL is a place for him. Kinda like Jamarcus Russell. Running QB who can throw, but idt he will be to good.

Or like Cam Newton, Michael Vick, Steve Young, Warren Moon, Aaron Rodgers...

Those are all QB's who can run. RGIII has always been a pass-first guy. If you think otherwise, you simply haven't watched him.

I promise you, he will have a better start to his career than will Andrew Luck. That doesn't mean he will end up more successful, but he will be more ready for the big stage than Luck will be.