Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So after this weekend we should get coaches named for both teams. Here is the list of accepted invites, may expand after the CFP championship game:

https://www.seniorbowl.com/the-game/accepted-invites/

Colts under Ballard have selected several Senior Bowl participants(Pittman jr, Leonard, Okereke) with Granson, Shawn Davis,  and Ehlinger participating in the 2021 game. 

• Like 1

There are some excellent TEs that could be available in round 3 for us, featured in this game

Keep your eye on Ruckert from THE Ohio State

Blocks and catches well..... could be a "Doyle" replacement, with a bit more speed

I would consider taking Likely as well.....

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Other than the fact the QB class is the weakest and weirdest, maybe ever,  I think this is a very good Senior Bowl roster.   One of the best I can remember in a while. 

Looking forward to it!    :thmup:

Well we'll still have at least 1 qb taken in the first round, puts it ahead of a few classes. 

13 minutes ago, ColtV said:

Well we'll still have at least 1 qb taken in the first round, puts it ahead of a few classes. 

Oh, without a doubt.   I believe more than 1 QB will be taken in the first.  But that’s due to the importance of the position.   Doesn’t mean they should be.   For my money, they’re all a bunch of second and third rounders who will get drafted higher.   I’m so glad we’re not looking for our future QB out of this class.  

I will not be surprised if one emerges as a good NFL quarterback, but as of now, I couldn’t pick one out of this litter.  

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Oh, without a doubt.   I believe more than 1 QB will be taken in the first.  But that’s due to the importance of the position.   Doesn’t mean they should be.   For my money, they’re all a bunch of second and third rounders who will get drafted higher.   I’m so glad we’re not looking for our future QB out of this class.  

I will not be surprised if one emerges as a good NFL quarterback, but as of now, I couldn’t pick one out of this litter.  

I think Kenny Pickett has earned his 1st round rating, but yeah if Malik Willis or Desmond Ritter go in the 1st it would be surprising 

58 minutes ago, ColtV said:

I think Kenny Pickett has earned his 1st round rating, but yeah if Malik Willis or Desmond Ritter go in the 1st it would be surprising 

In a week or so, I’m going to share an incredible story about Kenny Pickett.   Might be the strangest pre-draft story I can remember in well over 50 years of following the draft.   Totally bizarre! 

As to other guys….  I won’t find it surprising.   There’s so much pressure to find a good quarterback.   I think they will be reaches.  Too many flaws.   Teams will reach and over-draft these kids.  

• Like 2

I’m interested in all the CBs and TEs that will be there 

CB

-Coby Bryant, Cincinnati  (everyone talks about Gardner, but Bryant won the Thorpe award)

-Alontae Taylor, Tennessee (seems like a Ballard guy in terms of character and play style)

-Derion Kendrick- Clemson transfer and was defensive MVP for the bowl game. Great system fit

-Riley Moss, Iowa

TEs

-Tre McBride, Colorado State

-Jeremy Ruckert, Ohio State

-Isaiah Likely, Coastal Carolina

-Jake Ferguson, Wisconsin 

-Cole Turner, Nevada (personal favorite)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

CB

-Coby Bryant, Cincinnati  (everyone talks about Gardner, but Bryant won the Thorpe award)

-Alontae Taylor, Tennessee (seems like a Ballard guy in terms of character and play style)

-Derion Kendrick- Clemson transfer and was defensive MVP for the bowl game. Great system fit

-Riley Moss, Iowa

TEs

It's my hope that receiver needs is resolved through free agency, and tight end addressed with a day 2 pick.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ColtV said:

It's my hope that receiver needs is resolved through free agency, and tight end addressed with a day 2 pick.

Carson only seems to have success with big receivers and TEs because of his tendency to throw high, so getting a good TE is a must.

• Haha 1

My personal favorites that I've watched this season:

- CB Roger McCreary

- S Jaquan Brisker 

- DL Zach Carter

- DL Josh Paschal

- DL Boye Mafe

- TE Charlie Kolar

- TE Isaiah Likely

- TE Jake Ferguson

- WR Khalil Shakir

- WR Jahan Dotson

and last but not least, my sleeper... WR DONTARIO DRUMMOND

• Like 3

On 1/9/2022 at 3:26 PM, Defjamz26 said:

TEs

Likely and Ruckert could start and contribute to the Colts next year... I believe

• Like 1

Roger McCreary CB, Auburn

Tariq Castro-Fields CB, PSU

Alontae Taylor CB, Ten

Jaquan Brisket S, PSU

Yusuf Corker, S, KY

John Ridgeway, DT  Ark

Bernhard Raimann LT, Central Mich

Abraham Lucas LT, Wash St.

Jalen Tolbert, WR, Southern Alabama 

Jahan Dotson WR, PSU

Charlie Kolar TE, Iowa St.