Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joe Burrow unlikely to play Sunday

chad72

I am not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing. This could result in the Bengals losing to the Browns.

https://sports.yahoo.com/joe-burrow-not-play-sunday-172628024.html#:~:text=Burrow told reporters today that,stay fresh for the playoffs.

From the Bengals perspective, they would have a tougher challenge if they drop to the #4 seed and have to play Belichick and the Patriots at #5.

From the Colts perspective, this would mean we would have to go back to Buffalo or go to KC.

Going to be interesting...

If the Bengals were the same record as the Titans and Chiefs now by beating the Jets, the 3 way tie would have given them the #1 seed by virtue of them having a better AFC record than the Titans, Chiefs and Bills.

That is what a young team will learn, to maintain a high floor as time goes on.

1 hour ago, teganslaw said:

Some people say they want to face the Titans in the first round, but if the Titans win, they get a first round bye. It looks like the Colts would face the Chiefs or maybe the Bills. 

I saw someone tweet they don’t want to play the Colts lol. I think there is a chance  there  will be a lot of shuffling this last week. I won’t be surprised even is pats lose to dolphins. 

On 1/5/2022 at 12:52 PM, Wentzszn said:

Doesn’t matter if they  lose to Browns. It won’t have any bearing on us. It could however shuffle around who gets the 2-4 seed.  I want Bills or Titans first round.

If it means we don’t play the Bengals in R1 and instead we play another team, like the Titans or Bills,  then it does have a bearing on us. 

Personally, I’d rather not play Cincy in R1, but everyone is different.  

23 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Yikes.. I don't know... But every game we've lost we've been close. Except week one lol

The way I look at it is they don’t play Burrows and other starters it only puts more pressure on them when they play their first playoff game in years at home in tough weather conditions.  I think that’s advantage Colts.

18 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

If it means we don’t play the Bengals in R1 and instead we play another team, like the Titans or Bills,  then it does have a bearing on us. 

Personally, I’d rather not play Cincy in R1, but everyone is different.  

Agree.

Cincinnati has been getting better by the weeks.

And I don't see them losing to Browns.

I'm not sure who I want to play. I'm leaning Bengals because they're young and lack playoff experience, But they have an explosive passing game and they run it well too. Bills are pretty beatable, and pretty much one dimensional which makes them easier to stop. And their run defense is pretty bad. 

Archived