Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis Colts Are Huge Winners From Carson Wentz Trade

Lurker

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Didn't see this posted so sorry if it was Mods please either combine or delete.  

Enjoy the read.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/evansidery/2021/12/31/indianapolis-colts-are-huge-winners-from-carson-wentz-trade/?sh=5496a695662e

Great read, I think he is a franchise QB. After the evidence I have seen this year I think Philly was the problem not him. If anyone watches hard Knocks or just follow's the Colts closely I haven't seen anything at all that says Wentz is cancer in the locker room or a bad person. Not only that he has arguably played like a top 10 QB this year. People can say he has Taylor but his WR core isn't that strong. He was the main reason we beat the Cards by playing great in the 4th Qtr. Without that TD  drive we would've lost.

The main complaints about him all happened early in the season. After that overtime loss to TEN he has been a different QB. Wentz was never my first choice, but I am glad Frank went and got his guy. 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great read, I think he is a franchise QB. After the evidence I have seen this year I think Philly was the problem not him. If anyone watches hard Knocks or just follow's the Colts closely I haven't seen anything at all that says Wentz is cancer in the locker room or a bad person. Not only that he has arguably played like a top 10 QB this year. People can say he has Taylor but his WR core isn't that strong. He was the main reason we beat the Cards by playing great in the 4th Qtr. Without that TD  drive we would've lost.

I agree with this. Honestly, I think Wentz had some really nice games in the beginning of the year too even though we were losing. He was a bright spot those first 3-4 weeks. 

Excited to see him elevate his game further and clean up some of his mental stuff. 

3 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

I agree with this. Honestly, I think Wentz had some really nice games in the beginning of the year too even though we were losing. He was a bright spot those first 3-4 weeks. 

Excited to see him elevate his game further and clean up some of his mental stuff. 

His best game was probably at Baltimore, he was great in that one but nobody talks about it because we lost. Our FG kicker misses a kick and that is what happens unfortunately. Carson threw for 402 yards/2 TD's/no INT's in that game and led us to a game winning drive.

2 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

he was alright but he kept making killer mistakes, the TEN game comes to mind immediately. But I am glad we have him and hope he stays at least another 3-4 years. 

4 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

he was alright but he kept making killer mistakes, the TEN game comes to mind immediately. But I am glad we have him and hope he stays at least another 3-4 years. 

The Baltimore game is where I changed my mind about him. See above. Is he very good or great I would say no, but he is good. I would take him over what Philly has (Hurts). There are maybe 9 or 10 QB's that are better than him realistically so it could be worse. We are just used to having Peyton and Luck is why Carson looks average to many.

17 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I’m hoping for another 10-12 years and not worrying about getting a QB for a while.

5 minutes ago, basketballsteve said:

Wentz belongs in the tier of QB's considered good to very good, not a superstar or franchise QB but skilled and competitive enough to take a talented team to a Super Bowl and win it.

franchise QB is not a always a superstar matt ryan and matt stafford are franchise guys and not superstars .  wentz is in the same tier as them

• He's #6 in QBR. Mahomes is #7.... His passer rating is almost identical to Mahomes too. If 
  • Played through injury.
  • Played through serious OL issues early
  • Doesn't have the most dynamic WR group
  • New to system, and missed training camp....
  • One of the best TD/INT ratios in the league
  • Philly was a disaster in every way last year

If you still have questions, not sure what answers you're looking for lol....

He does not much flash nor style sp therefore is hard for people to take notice and get excited about at least in a superficial way.  His play is a lot better than I was expecting; really seems to click with Reich with us beneficial to both.  He’s been overall very good, but is not the second coming of Dan Marino or Andrew Luck which is fine because collectively they appeared in one losing Super Bowl!  Point is:  Colts can certainly win every tim e out with him at QB.

I forget what QB they were talking about on the radio but it wasn’t Wentz but they were saying this guy was in the next group of QBs after the elites like MaHomes or Rodgers.  You can still win with them even if they aren’t superstars.  To me that’s Wentz. 

As for the trade I said last week it was good for all sides involved.  The Colts needed an answer to the QB question and Wentz and the Eagles needed a fresh start.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Agreed. If Ballard gets him another quality weapon at WR, and maybe a more dangerous TE, his stats could take off. 

An Eagles fan I know has always like Wentz, and thought that he would thrive in Indy. Turned out the fan was right; he never did fall for the bad press on Wentz.  Said that it was disgruntled players who caused the problem. Those players are no longer with the Eagles.  

It's also a win for Eagles, as they get an additional first round draft pick this year. 

Yeah I agree.  Spending that first round pick on a Qb who can get it done is priceless.  No way we would’ve found a franchise QB this year with that pick.

is Wentz the best?  No, but he’s what this team needs to get over the hump.  He can make the throws needed.  He can make the runs needed.  And his decision making has improved.  

i would make the trade again.  

2 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

He is not the type to switch teams without a damn good reason.  If the Colts do well and he is treated fairly he will stay with the Colts.  He was only played 83 games in the NFL.  Not many compared to Rodgers at 211 games.

27 minutes ago, NDSU_Guy said:

He is not the type to switch teams without a damn good reason.  If the Colts do well and he is treated fairly he will stay with the Colts.  He was only played 83 games in the NFL.  Not many compared to Rodgers at 211 games.

41 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

The damage the media has done to his reputation is incredible. The amount of casuals that think he’s 2020 Wentz is still a lot lol. Oh well he’s definitely been worthy of the picks.

Football Wtf GIF by Indianapolis Colts

to reply to both... yup...

The guy IMO has proven he loves the game, and he's tough as hell... Not afraid to play hurt, not afraid to rehabilitate, and just ready to give his all. 

I love that. Not trying to throw Luck under the bus, but I do think Carson is a guy who "wants" it more. I think He'll be loyal and give his all to Indy. 

In year two, he'll have improved chemistry, and probably some improved toys/weapons. I'm all in.

19 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

The guy IMO has proven he loves the game, and he's tough as hell... Not afraid to play hurt, not afraid to rehabilitate, and just ready to give his all. 

I love that. Not trying to throw Luck under the bus, but I do think Carson is a guy who "wants" it more. I think He'll be loyal and give his all to Indy. 

In year two, he'll have improved chemistry, and probably some improved toys/weapons. I'm all in.

Some top FA WRs  bolded I think Colts have a chance to get.

1. Davante Adams

2. Chris Godwin, 

3. Allen Robinson

4. Mike Williams

5. Odell Beckham Jr.

6. Christian Kirk, Cardinals

8. Michael Gallup

7. Cordarrelle Patterson

8. JuJu Smith

9. D.J. Chark

10. Antonio Brown

58 minutes ago, NDSU_Guy said:

Every time I see you post I think your either Carson himself or his brother lol.

12 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

1. Davante Adams

2. Chris Godwin, 

3. Allen Robinson

4. Mike Williams

5. Odell Beckham Jr.

8. Michael Gallup

7. Cordarrelle Patterson

8. JuJu Smith

9. D.J. Chark

10. Antonio Brown

Pretty good list. 

I’m very happy with Carson. I think he’s done a good job so far with leading the team, and for the most part he’s been putting them in positions to win. The Christmas game was very special. It was finally a game where he took control and went out there to win it for the shoe. 

Wentz, just like Reich, was not the first choice. But he’s the QB that’s the right fit for our team and culture. I think we give him another year and we’ll really start to see how far he can take us. Whatever happens the rest of this season is a bonus and a gift. 

30 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

1. Davante Adams

2. Chris Godwin, 

3. Allen Robinson

4. Mike Williams

5. Odell Beckham Jr.

8. Michael Gallup

7. Cordarrelle Patterson

8. JuJu Smith

9. D.J. Chark

10. Antonio Brown

gallup is the best choice colts have to resign a lot of guys still and cant spend on a top tier 20 million a year guy .  he would be a solid number two guy .

To whoever doesn’t think this was a great trade...our first round should be in the early to mid 20s.  Would you give up a 3rd to trade up in the first round and get a QB that would pass for close to 30 TDs and under 10 INTs while being top 10 in QBR?  We stole this guy.  

Our SB window is back open with this guy.  We have a legitimate shot to win one in the next 5yrs. Being in the discussion is all we can ask for and we are there.  

8 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

To whoever doesn’t think this was a great trade...our first round should be in the early to mid 20s.  Would you give up a 3rd to trade up in the first round and get a QB that would pass for close to 30 TDs and under 10 INTs while being top 10 in QBR?  We stole this guy.  

Our SB window is back open with this guy.  We have a legitimate shot to win one in the next 5yrs. Being in the discussion is all we can ask for and we are there.  

We actually could go to the SB this year and maybe win it. I think we are the 2nd best team in the AFC only behind KC. The Packers, Bucs, and Rams are better than we are in the NFC but outside of that no other team is better IMO. Teams like the Bills, Pats, and Titans are pretty even with us. Ravens have too many injuries at this point, I think they are toast.

4 hours ago, basketballsteve said:

Wentz belongs in the tier of QB's considered good to very good, not a superstar or franchise QB but skilled and competitive enough to take a talented team to a Super Bowl and win it.

IMO he is a franchise QB in his first year with a new team & has gotten better as the year progressed his leadership has put this team in a position to be not only be in the playoffs but because of all the weapons that the COLTS have to infact go IMHO deep into the playoffs .

Unlike in Philly we have a GREAT HEAD COACH who believes in a QB he helped from day 1 , He is capable of doing better & I expect in year two he will continue to get better .

This years COLTS with CARSON WENTZ kinda reminds me of THE CARDIAC COLTS days we just were not sure what to expect but we knew they were gonna let er rip . This 2021 version is 10 times more talented they could go all the way .

:colts:

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

• He's #6 in QBR. Mahomes is #7.... His passer rating is almost identical to Mahomes too. If 
  • Played through injury.
  • Played through serious OL issues early
  • Doesn't have the most dynamic WR group
  • New to system, and missed training camp....
  • One of the best TD/INT ratios in the league
  • Philly was a disaster in every way last year

If you still have questions, not sure what answers you're looking for lol....

What instrument did he play in band camp ?

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

If R Grigson  had been as good at his job as say CHRIS BALLARD LUCK would not taken so much abuse & he might have lived up to his potential .

We just watched our back ups do a decent job in the Arizona game & with the 5 starters the offense is a joy to watch its poetry in motion .

Given this add in the Defense & In my mind LUCK would have had great success . Luck suffered greatly but the man had heart its just the abuse was too much . LUCK was Batman with no Robin or Alfred .

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We actually could go to the SB this year and maybe win it. I think we are the 2nd best team in the AFC only behind KC. The Packers, Bucs, and Rams are better than we are in the NFC but outside of that no other team is better IMO. Teams like the Bills, Pats, and Titans are pretty even with us. Ravens have too many injuries at this point, I think they are toast.

Playoff seeding in the afc will be the thing to watch.  We definitely have a shot at the AFC championship game.  May take the Patriots winning their wildcard game to avoid going to KC in the divisional round.  We can win at Buffalo and TN.  Cincy does worry me a bit with all their weapons on offense but we can beat that young team as well

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

I like him.

I've enjoyed being excited about games again.

And

I'm amused at the roller coaster of discussion about him in the media and here!

Hi Gramz  

I agree this team is so much fun to watch I hope you have been able to watch the Hard Knocks show it really is awesome to see the families good stuff . Happy New Year 

1 minute ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Hi Gramz  

I agree this team is so much fun to watch I hope you have been able to watch the Hard Knocks show it really is awesome to see the families good stuff . Happy New Year 

Yes I have!

Happy New Year to you too!

17 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Playoff seeding in the afc will be the thing to watch.  We definitely have a shot at the AFC championship game.  May take the Patriots winning their wildcard game to avoid going to KC in the divisional round.  We can win at Buffalo and TN.  Cincy does worry me a bit with all their weapons on offense but we can beat that young team as well

The Colts beat KC on there way to the SB they were not picked  to Win yet it happened . 

I personally don't care who the COLTS play they can beat anyone yeah there all tough but so is the COLTS , 

38 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Yeah assuming KC gets the Bye week and we get a 5 seed, if we win our 1st round matchup and a lower seed at 6 or 7 wins they would then draw KC and we avoid them until the AFC Title Game.

Archived