Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cousins now on covid list

Gramz

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Luck of the Horseshoe indeed, if the timing of Wentz's positive and the new NFL rule of 5 days happened in the same week, IF he is cleared Sunday to play.

Wentz got his test with hours to spare. Apparently the five days is 120 hrs. So if he had gotten his test later in the day he might not of had a chance.

3 hours ago, Gramz said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-news-vikings-kirk-cousins-enters-protocols-wont-play-vs-packers-160040196.html

Kirk Cousins tested positive for Covid and will miss game against Packers.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is his second time on the COVID list but it is the first time he tested positive for COVID. Sean Mannion was on the COVID list earlier this week too. 

I would rather see Kyle Sloter. I know, I know, we just signed but be is familiar with our offense. We were huge fans of Sloter when he was with the  Vikings a few years ago. We called him Slotergoat.

This pandemic is wreaking havoc. I'm tired of it, literally and figuratively.

35 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It is his second time on the COVID list but it is the first time he tested positive for COVID. Sean Mannion was on the COVID list earlier this week too. 

I would rather see Kyle Sloter. I know, I know, we just signed but be is familiar with our offense. We were huge fans of Sloter when he was with the  Vikings a few years ago. We called him Slotergoat.

Cousins’ timing is probably at the worst time, vaccinated or not. 

2022 season sure is bound to be different, got to be optimistic going into the New Year. Our reaction and atttitude is the best we can come up with to turn our weary minds around.

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

2022 season sure is bound to be different, got to be optimistic going into the New Year. Our reaction and atttitude is the best we can come up with to turn our weary minds around.

Seems most likely the nfl protocols will be gone next season. 

14 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I could be wrong, but I think I remember reading that Cousins is unvaccinated, like Rodgers. 

I hate that teams — any teams — are being impacted like this and might miss out on the playoffs due to Covid.    Hate it!

25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I wouldn’t bet a penny that will happen. 

I think they will change and morph (like the Virus).   But I don’t see them just going away. There will always be rules to follow.   

I agree. It’s probably going to take 2023 season before I see protocols being set aside, IMO. A shell of it is still likely to be in place. Knocking on wood for an endemic outcome and trajectory for virus.

59 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I could be wrong, but I think I remember reading that Cousins is unvaccinated, like Rodgers. 

I hate that teams — any teams — are being impacted like this and might miss out on the playoffs due to Covid.    Hate it!

You're correct.

How many QBs unvaxed?

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes, he is unvaccinated. He said this earlier in the year:

I’m going to be vigilant about avoiding a close contact,” Cousins said during training camp. “I’ve even thought about should I just set up literally plexiglass around where I sit, so that this can never happen again. I’ve thought about it, because I’m gonna do whatever it takes.

Link

He thought he could "do whatever it takes" to avoid getting infected instead of getting vaccinated. :scratch:

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Yes, he is unvaccinated. He said this earlier in the year:

Link

He thought he could "do whatever it takes" to avoid getting infected instead of getting vaccinated. :scratch:

If he were vaccinated and still tested positive, would he still have missed the game given the timing of just 2 days prior to the game? I think yes, like the countless vaccinated players that have missed games.

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

This is what I think of the pandemic Mad The Simpsons GIFangry homer simpson GIF

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

If he were vaccinated and still tested positive, would he still have missed the game given the timing of just 2 days prior to the game? I think yes, like the countless vaccinated players that have missed games.

Probably. But he did not do everything recommended to prevent infection. Had he done so, I would say he tried but his best efforts did not work. 

32 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

My thought exactly:

I'm fully vacinnated and most of my family and friends are too. 

My band is fully vacinnated too, which has allowed us to continue performing with a reasonable sense of feeling safe around each other.  We can easily maintain a safe distance from our audience.

I, however,  don't understand these guys in a CONTACT sport being unvaxed and putting themselves and others at risk.

It's just ridiculous IMO.

It's also sad and unfair for the team that this has happened.

I know you must be frustrated @NFLfan

Archived