Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RIP John Madden

PrincetonTiger

RIP John Madden. I don't understand what that photo has to do with Madden. Maybe it's the wrong one? 

Also, he passed right after NFL Network showed his documentary. It seems strange, but probably just a coincidence. He was 85 and might not have been in the best of health, although I don't know that for sure. 

I grew up watching him being a color commentator, I played his video game throughout my 20's lol up to around 2000. I was unbeatable with the 85 Bears on Madden 93 lmao - they had the greatest teams ever on that version. I once beat a friend of mine 38-14 and he had the 78 Steelers and he was a good player. I started watching football right after he won the SB in 1976/77. To me he may belong on the Mt Rushmore of Football = Madden, Jim Brown, Peyton Manning, and Lawrence Taylor. Yeah people will kill me and say Tom Brady over Peyton but Peyton changed the game as in the way he played QB - calling his own plays, he did win 2 SB's, and has won the most MVP's with 5. Jim Brown was a huge icon and was like a guy playing against kids, and LT was the best defensive player of all-time and changed how GM's draft. LT won 2 SB's being the best player on his team and is the last defensive player to win MVP of the League = 1986.

+Madden = top 10 coach ever

+Best color commentator ever

+Best video game ever! RIP big guy.

He was a great coach of one of the great teams in a era that was dubbed the Super 70's with teams like the Steelers & Knoll, the Dolphins & Shula. 

Our Colts team with Bert Jones was excellent too but the very likeable Marchibroda was good but not on the same level as the other 3 coaches above and those teams were a reflection of their coaches. 

Many fans only know of him from the legendary video game named after him. 

My condolences to his family and friends.

Archived