Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any word on the Fisher injury?

Smonroe

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I suppose….   I’m just not a fan of the J&J shot.   Of all the shots, it’s the least effective.   But if it worked, then sure. 

It worked on a friend of mine. The evening he got it, he passed out cold in his kitchen and woke up later, vomiting and he said the sickest he's ever been. This is not me saying you shouldn't get J&J, but I certainly wouldn't. I did Moderna. 

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Makes you wonder how anyone couldn’t be a close contact to these guys when they were on the plane in a cramped airplane for 4 hrs. Hopefully close contacts don’t happen today. Hopefully Willis is a close contact. 

If I'm Colts management, I would insist on spreading the unvaccinated players throughout the plane... Meaning... Within a radius of 2 meters(or whatever the criteria is for close contact) there would be only one unvaccinated player. This is a bit weird because you raise the risk for the vaccinated players to get the virus but you reduce the risk for unvaccinated players to both get the virus and to enter COVID protocol due to being close contact. That of course is if you believe the NFL actually cares about those protocols rather than doing a performative PR shtick. IMO they do not care much about it and only take action in the most obvious of breakings of the rules and regulations, with the goal again being presenting a certain PR image :dunno:

57 minutes ago, stitches said:

If I'm Colts management, I would insist on spreading the unvaccinated players throughout the plane... Meaning... Within a radius of 2 meters(or whatever the criteria is for close contact) there would be only one unvaccinated player. This is a bit weird because you raise the risk for the vaccinated players to get the virus but you reduce the risk for unvaccinated players to both get the virus and to enter COVID protocol due to being close contact. That of course is if you believe the NFL actually cares about those protocols rather than doing a performative PR shtick. IMO they do not care much about it and only take action in the most obvious of breakings of the rules and regulations, with the goal again being presenting a certain PR image :dunno:

If I am Reich, I am letting Wentz and Taylor take a private jet by themselves and even keep them out of practice all week and have them be by themselves. We are 15 games in so those guys can just watch film and can get away without practice. I am just saying this not to risk them testing positive and for safety measures. Even vaccinated players can still spread the Virus is why. Those are 2 players we can't lose.

If I was the colts I would be holding virtual meetings and there would be no actual practice this week. It’s the end of season so they should be ok.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Haven't heard a word yet on Fish.  Waiting for Frank’s Monday Presser to learn more.    Hoping for the best, but fearing the worst….  

:giveup:

Doyle is almost as important as fish. He is basically a 6th lineman.

31 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Haven't heard a word yet on Fish.  Waiting for Frank’s Monday Presser to learn more.    Hoping for the best, but fearing the worst….  

:giveup:

yes, its a knee would doubt it's positive news.  just unfortunate timing.  Doyle's injury (multiple injuries) are troubling

I just remembered something - I think unvaccinated players were required to take separate plane on team travels. At least this was within the protocols early. No idea if that one was dropped at some point, but if it hasn't I wonder how many teams actually abide by it. This is another reason why I think the NFL don't actually care about it unless there is a very public scandal that tarnishes their image(Aaron Rodgers, Antonio Brown, etc.) . They want their stars to play and they close their eyes to anything that doesn't become a big scandal. For example, I haven't heard a ton of players missing games because of being close contact. To me this screams they are not enforcing the rule, rather than teams being amazing at not allowing players  to get close to eachother for extended period of time over a week. 

34 minutes ago, stitches said:

I just remembered something - I think unvaccinated players were required to take separate plane on team travels. At least this was within the protocols early. No idea if that one was dropped at some point, but if it hasn't I wonder how many teams actually abide by it. This is another reason why I think the NFL don't actually care about it unless there is a very public scandal that tarnishes their image(Aaron Rodgers, Antonio Brown, etc.) . They want their stars to play and they close their eyes to anything that doesn't become a big scandal. For example, I haven't heard a ton of players missing games because of being close contact. To me this screams they are not enforcing the rule, rather than teams being amazing at not allowing players  to get close to eachother for extended period of time over a week. 

I think that was just for staff or preseason games. 

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

With the oline situation I imagine they will do everything to go if they can. Looks like they might not even practice this week anyway.

I’d bet Fisher gives it a go Sunday.  If they get Kelly and Glow back and can keep Reed and Pryor off the Covid list they should be alright up front for Sunday.

32 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I’d bet Fisher gives it a go Sunday.  If they get Kelly and Glow back and can keep Reed and Pryor off the Covid list they should be alright up front for Sunday.

Pretty sure Reed and Pryor are vaccinated so as long as they don’t get symptoms or a random test they should be ok. Pinter I do not believe  is. Most of our backups are. I agree with Kelly and glow back if Fisher can go we will be ok. The oline is really the only thing I am worried about. Hopefully Rock comes back and sendejo and Addae play. If that happens and nothing else happens we will be fine. Hopefully the nfl random  testing is Monday’s so we don’t have to worry test of week.

On 12/28/2021 at 7:07 AM, IndySouthsider said:

Time to call Anthony Castanzo and tell him time to get back to work!

I wonder if Jared Veldheer is still staying in shape and would be interested in playing for us again. 

He seemed to do a pretty good job for us at the end of last season. 

Hes got to be better than Davenport at very least if push comes to shove....

13 minutes ago, TheUnshuffler said:

I wonder if Jared Veldheer is still staying in shape and would be interested in playing for us again. 

He seemed to do a pretty good job for us at the end of last season. 

Hes got to be better than Davenport at very least if push comes to shove....

It's a good idea in theory,  but in practical terms, it won't work.     Here's why....

After the Colts got eliminated by Buffalo last season,  Valdeer signed on with Green Bay while they were in the playoffs.   He had an injury,  but used steroids to deal with it.     The NFL busted him when the Pack was eliminated.    He said then that he knew it was coming.

So, if Valdeer ever wanted to play again, he's got a suspension to deal with first, before he could play for anyone.    So, I'm afraid that eliminates him.    At the time he said he knew that was the end of his  career.   Again, a good idea,  but this time,  it won't happen.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

It's a good idea in theory,  but in practical terms, it won't work.     Here's why....

After the Colts got eliminated by Buffalo last season,  Valdeer signed on with Green Bay while they were in the playoffs.   He had an injury,  but used steroids to deal with it.     The NFL busted him when the Pack was eliminated.    He said then that he knew it was coming.

So, if Valdeer ever wanted to play again, he's got a suspension to deal with first, before he could play for anyone.    So, I'm afraid that eliminates him.    At the time he said he knew that was the end of his  career.   Again, a good idea,  but this time,  it won't happen.

Interesting, didn’t realise all of that happened, ahhh well hope Fisher is OK then!!

Pryor trade last year was a steal.

Late 6th rounder for Pryor + a mid 7th rounder. Basically move down a few spots from 6th to 7th round, which is basically a crapshoot anyways with little loss of value between picks. Moving down ~20 spots in round 7 is much less than moving down 20 spots in rounds 1-2.

Essentially kept the pick but pick up a player.

5 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I personally would like Pryor to get some reps at LT

This would help Fisher rest up for playoffs, as well as see what we have there with Pryor

I think he did a great job at RT

I hope we win Sunday and he gets to play LT versus jags. I think it’s important to see how he does. Could we maybe have the Future there. But there might be some players sitting that the second half of jags game and he might be needed at LT.

Speaking of jags game I kind of hope we get to see Sam a little bit more that game. 

Archived