Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Colts at Cardinals Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I have no idea what happened lol. What a strange game.

Wenrz delivers when it matter. Now LT is a big concern. Pryor might play LT next week.

This is a good team with a a good coach and good GM that found away to overcome some major adversity and found a way to win.

37 minutes ago, ar7 said:

It wasn't the most important from a playoff % perspective but I still consider tonight a big win. Both teams were missing some key players but AZ is still a quality team. Great to see the Colts go on the road and pull it out.

Wentz didn't look sharp again this week but he made some critical throws to get it done.

I thought Odum and Speed stepped up on defense.

I didn't really notice Paye or Dayo. I was hoping as we close out the regular season those two would flash some.

The win actually takes the Colts playoff odds up to close to 99%.  That’s pretty big.

Colts showed perseverance tonight battling through attrition to pick up a big hard fought short handed win against a solid Cardinals team. Proud of our team tonight. They are showing some maturity and toughness. Would like to see them continue to progress. Hopefully we can get healthier by next week. 

8 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

wentz made me eat crow he was really bad early on and stepped up like a franchise QB with the game on the line .    i am really worried about jack and fisher because daven port is not good .

Looking at Big Mo ig story Jack was in a good mood no limp or boot. Fisher also was standing around and chatting with Wentz. They may miss a game or two but it doesn't seem major yet.

34 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think Pryor would go to LT.  Kelly will return and Pinter would go to RG if Glow doesn’t return.

That’s what I am thinking.  I have a feeling Kelly is going to feel like his team needs him and will be back.  With that said I will fully understand if he’s not.

24 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

One more win I think is all we need. Win next week and jax may not matter.

The J’Ville game will likely matter for home field advantage on the later rounds if the playoffs.   

The difference between 10-7 and 11-6 may likely be home field advantage in Rounds 2 or 3.   

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

Yeah. I hope he returns but definitely understand if he doesn’t for a while longer. 

If we get the other guys back from Covid, Kelly could probably ride out the rest of the regular season and we’d be fine. That said, I’ll worry if he misses the Jax game. 

14 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Looking at Big Mo ig story Jack was in a good mood no limp or boot. Fisher also was standing around and chatting with Wentz. They may miss a game or two but it doesn't seem major yet.

Hopefully it’s just a sprain or something but being ruled out that fast with a knee injury is normally a very bad sign.  Knee injuries can look pretty harmless when in fact it’s season ending.  Hopefully that’s not the case here.

14 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

i am gonna worry until i hear from reich .  i have seen guys before with serious injuries walk off without a limp and have a torn ligament .  i hope i am wrong

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

If we get the other guys back from Covid, Kelly could probably ride out the rest of the regular season and we’d be fine. That said, I’ll worry if he misses the Jax game. 

The bright side if Darius misses another game maybe it'll help his ankle for the playoffs if we make it. 

Just now, superrep1967 said:

Yeah, he definitely didn't hide it tonight at all it's was so obvious.  

Yeah, i normally don’t complain about tv sports announcers but he was so annoying.  Anytime the Colts did something good his first response was what can the Cards do to get back into it and was clearly pulling for them but the line that made me roll my eyes the most was when the Cards went up 13-12 and he said they hit the big one and blew this one open.  

8 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I know I am just talking playoffs.

I know you’re talking playoffs.  

You said a loss to J’Villle likely wouldn’t matter in the playoffs.   I was explaining that the game will likely have important playoff implications so it will matter, it will be important. 

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah, i normally don’t complain about tv sports announcers but he was so annoying.  Anytime the Colts did something good his first response was what can the Cards do to get back into it and was clearly pulling for them but the line that made me roll my eyes the most was when the Cards went up 13-12 and he said they hit the big one and blew this one open.  

Yeah, it also was what the Cards got to do to win the game not anything what the Colts got to do very unprofessional. IMHO

Btw assuming there isn’t some strange flex the last two weeks the Colts finish the regular season 4-1 in primetime (should have been 5-0).

The Colts have held five of the last six teams they have played to 17 points or less.  The exception is the Bucs game.

The Colts now have six games this year with zero turnovers.  Third most in the NFL this year.  

This is a very good team that’s coming together at the right time.

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

we can get back glow  turray rock , sendajo  , kelly next week then by the jags game we are back up to full strength .   the way odum is playing it doesnt hurt as much to have no blackmon .   dayo played very well tonight he is getting good pressures

I will be curious is Rock and Turay are vaccinated. If they are they should be back. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You said a loss to J’Villle likely wouldn’t matter in the playoffs.   I was explaining that the game will likely have important playoff implications so it will matter, it will be important. 

I do agree with you if nothing else it'll mean seeding. 

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah….  That was a terrible use of a phrase.   Warner is Warner, a former Cardinal.  But someone here also complained about the play by play guy as well.   And don’t know why?   I heard nothing that said he favored Arizona….   But maybe that’s just me?  

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Btw assuming there isn’t some strange flex the last two weeks the Colts finish the year 4-1 in primetime (should have been 5-0).

The Colts have held five of the last six teams they have played to 17 points or less.  The exception is the Bucs game.

The Colts now have six games this year with zero turnovers.  Third most in the NFL this year.  

This is a very good team.

Colts will get more home prime time games next year hopefully. They showed up.

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

we can get back glow  turray rock , sendajo  , kelly next week then by the jags game we are back up to full strength .   the way odum is playing it doesnt hurt as much to have no blackmon .   dayo played very well tonight he is getting good pressures

All true….

But….

We still have players that might come down with Covid.   And one of them is our quarterback.     We’re not safe by a long shot….  Just saying.  

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I know that. But it’s sure nice to not have the pressure to win. Yes we need to for seeding but at least we wouldn’t have to worry about making playoffs. Weird things happen in Jacksonville.

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

they are because the colts waited to rule them out  for todays game if they were unvaxed there would be no waiting needed out ten days .  

Hoping so. Reich did indicate that.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I know that. But it’s sure nice to not have the pressure to win. Yes we need to for seeding but at least we wouldn’t have to worry about making playoffs. Weird things happen in Jacksonville.

Hoping so. Reich did indicate that.

There will be enough pressure to win the last game.   You don’t want to start you’re playoff run by stumbling against one of the worst teams in the NFL.   

Losing would take much of the wind out of our sails.    It may not be the difference between getting in or not, but it’s still important.   Honestly.  

Archived