Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Week 16 Practice/Injury Report (AZ)

EastStreet

28 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He was not near good playing G last year that he is at T this year.

You typically don't want super tall guys at C or G.

Understood….

I’m just saying if we’re down to our third string guard we could do a whole lot worse.  

As to the difference between last year and this year, I’d say Pryor is responding better to our coaches and system than he did in Philly. Put another way, I don’t think the Eagles would make this same trade that they did four months ago.   He’s a better player with the Colts.

18 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

I feel for Ryan. Wish him and his family the best right now. I wish he was able to go for this game but family is definitely more important and I can’t imagine the pain he’s going through. Thoughts and prayers big fella. 

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Understood….

I’m just saying if we’re down to our third string guard we could do a whole lot worse.  

As to the difference between last year and this year, I’d say Pryor is responding better to our coaches and system than he did in Philly. Put another way, I don’t think the Eagles would make this same trade that they did four months ago.   He’s a better player with the Colts.

Not sure it has anything to do with our system and coaches. Perhaps, but more likely he's finally settled into his body, or maybe better to say "body discipline". That was the bag on him in college, Most said he could stick at T if he could keep his weight down. Keep in mind he used to be 390... Now he's 330ish and can work more laterally like Ts need to against the edge. Not saying he can't play guard, but he just doesn't look like a guy who would be highly successful pulling, or getting out vertically to second level blocks (at least to me). To me, he's got great height, arm length, hand size, etc., and is getting better at lateral shuffling. All things that you want in a T. 

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Not sure it has anything to do with our system and coaches. Perhaps, but more likely he's finally settled into his body, or maybe better to say "body discipline". That was the bag on him in college, Most said he could stick at T if he could keep his weight down. Keep in mind he used to be 390... Now he's 330ish and can work more laterally like Ts need to against the edge. Not saying he can't play guard, but he just doesn't look like a guy who would be highly successful pulling, or getting out vertically to second level blocks (at least to me). To me, he's got great height, arm length, hand size, etc., and is getting better at lateral shuffling. All things that you want in a T. 

Well….    We may get a chance to find out.   On the few hours since you posted the news has now broken that Q is on the Covid list.   That puts both our guards out.   This coukd get interesting. 

By the way….   Good post.  

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well….    We may get a chance to find out.   On the few hours since you posted the news has now broken that Q is on the Covid list.   That puts both our guards out.   This coukd get interesting. 

By the way….   Good post.  

Yup. I'd probably go with Pryor at G over Fries. Gonna be interesting whatever happens. 

Regardless, our entire iOL will be depth guys. Pretty confident in Pinter and Reed though.

What is interesting (I just looked at the depth chart), is that Pinter is now listed as the starting OC, and Ryan is not listed at all. Wonder if he is taking some extended time off. They normally don't tweak the depth chart. 

On 12/24/2021 at 9:35 AM, csmopar said:

I feel for Ryan. Wish him and his family the best right now. I wish he was able to go for this game but family is definitely more important and I can’t imagine the pain he’s going through. Thoughts and prayers big fella. 

I feel for Ryan too. My wife and I take the other side and think he should play. He missed last week due to the unfortunate passing. We have experienced the same thing in our lives. My wife had three miscarriages. One was only a couple months and two others were six and seven months. My wife was a basket case after the second one. I didn’t get to take off work for an extended bereavement due to our problems as most people don’t due to an unfortunate death. We get it as it’s Christmas and the family issues. Kelly has to play 17 games and missing 2 a lot. Everyone is different and we understand that. 

Archived