Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Whose number one?

GoColts8818

The race for number one   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the top pick with three to play?

• Jags
    • Texans
    • Lions
    • Bears
    • Giants

The Bears & GIants already have 4 wins apiece, so even if they both lose out (they can't, because they play each other) they still wouldn't catch Jacksonville.

The Texans are 3-11 with the Chargers, 49ers & Titans remaining on their schedule and they could win 1 or maybe even 2 of them if their lucky.

The Lions are 2-11-1, with the Falcons, Seahawks & Green Bay remaining and even if they lose them all, that freaking tie with Pittsburgh will probably screw them in this case since it's not a loss, unless Jacksonville wins 1 of their final 3.

That leaves the current placeholder of the #1 Pick, the Jaguars - they entered their home game against the Texans today tied with Houston at 2-11 and that was probably their best chance at a win, but they couldn't get it done. They play the Jets, the Patriots & us, they could conceivably beat NYJ  but with postseason berths and/or seeding at stake, I don't see them beating either New England or us and if they lose next week in New Jersey, they probably lose out and then it won't matter what any of the other "contenders" for the top pick do.

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

That's too bad. When will the Vikings get the first pick. :groan:

That's not something you really want (unless you trade for it) because it means you either have a real bad team, or a terrible season unmatched by every other lousy team. My former faves (the Chargers) earned the top pick in the Draft twice within 4 years (2001 & 2004) and those were some lean years, as far as wins & watching good football were concerned.

7 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

That's not something you really want (unless you trade for it) because it means you either have a real bad team, or a terrible season unmatched by every other lousy team. My former faves (the Chargers) earned the top pick in the Draft twice within 4 years (2001 & 2004) and those were some lean years, as far as wins & watching good football were concerned.

Oh, I know. And you're right. But there is always the prospect that you can draft a top player, especially at QB. The Vikings have not had a franchise QB since Fran Tarkenton and that was before my time. Culpepper was promising but his career was cut short by injuries. The Vikings have never finished with the worst record. The highest that I remember them selecting while I was a fan was 4th. I would like them to pick first one year even if it means struggling through a bad season to do so.

Some teams have been lucky at QB. The Chargers are one -- Brees, Rivers, now Herbert. Even Stan Humphries led the Chargers to a Super Bowl. 

Archived