Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AQM

MPStack

17 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

he has stepped up big time the last couple weeks now i dont nice autry anymore with him and turray both with 5 sacks .  autry has hit a tail spin with the titans after a strong start .  maybe i was wrong about autry ballard is looking better every game he saved 4 million a year going with AQM

Autry IIRC, was out last game with injury or illness.

And just a few games ago, he had a hell of game against the Rams, which has a top 5 OL.

Autry before last weekend was top 25 in pressures, while the Colts have zero players in the top 25, not even Defo. 

3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Autry IIRC, was out last game with injury or illness.

And just a few games ago, he had a hell of game against the Rams, which has a top 5 OL.

Autry before last weekend was top 25 in pressures, while the Colts have zero players in the top 25, not even Defo. 

Alright pardon my inquiry but I’m not familiar with what IIRC is abbreviated for

Ahh I just googled it, edited the post to reflect it; new one on me hadn’t been familiar with it

AQM is lousy at protecting his edge. Reminds me of Mathis crashing down, spinning inside, routinely giving up the edge. Running at him is a winning stratedgy. 

His mediocrity is why Buckner isn't able to do more. It is tremendously important Dayo becomes that 1st down presence using his size to dominate his edge. And that is a next year thing. Hopefully!

Of course it is good that AQM is available and plays to his potential. 

I can't imagine another team pursuing him as a starter, especially thinking he would be part of their top ten D-Line. No, he would more get you to bottom 10. 

Thank him for his service.

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

100 percent agreed. 

I see DE starters as Paye and Dayo

With Lewis, AQM, and yes, Turay as the three primary backups.  Room for one more, though I think it’s clear it won’t be Banogu. 

I assume you mean in the future because Dayo obviously isn't completely back yet.  And it takes a little while for those guys to learn the position in the pros.

I'm really hoping that he turns out to be what we expected.  That didn't work out for Banogu.

AQM triggered a $100k bonus in his contract with his 4th sack, and equaled a season total personal best with his 5th sack.  He's in a contract year, at a time when the Colts drafted two guys at his position.  I certainly hope he gets 2 or 3 more sacks by season end, and earns a contract extension.

18 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

AQM triggered a $100k bonus in his contract with his 4th sack, and equaled a season total personal best with his 5th sack.  He's in a contract year, at a time when the Colts drafted two guys at his position.  I certainly hope he gets 2 or 3 more sacks by season end, and earns a contract extension.

Thanks for posting. Had no idea he had a sack clause.

I also hope he gets resigned. I think most of our DEs are FAs except the two drafted, and Banogu, who has one more year. 

I really like both AQM and Lewis as depth guys. Turay too if he can just stay healthy. He's really the only PRS we have. 

22 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Ultimately you don’t want him to be a starter. Bur he is a nice rotational piece.

3 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

I like AQM but he is the definition of rotational piece. Rarely have I seen him blow somebody up or speed past a tackle for a sack. 

I agree he should ideally be a rotational piece, but he's gotten sacks against some good OLs. Bucs, Rams, SF, and Balt are all good OLs. He's done a lot better than I expected, and has improved every year. Not sure he can take another step forward, but he certainly had a higher ceiling than I originally thought. Always like him as a hard worker though. 

On 12/7/2021 at 8:43 AM, Smonroe said:

I assume you mean in the future because Dayo obviously isn't completely back yet.  And it takes a little while for those guys to learn the position in the pros.

I'm really hoping that he turns out to be what we expected.  That didn't work out for Banogu.

Ballard is on the record saying Dayo had a first round grade on their board.    They hoped for Paye, then Darrisaw, then Dayo in the first round.   

In other words, Dayo isn’t Banogu who was a big projection.    As for Dayo and his injury, Fisher has already shown that he’s much better and Dayo is two months behind.   We won’t see an improved Dayo until next year.   But there’s no medical reason to think we won’t. 

Dayo won't be Banogu.

Banogu was taken earlier by the Colts though (49th vs 54th) regardless of whatever the board grade was. Draft capital is draft capital. 

But the where the similarities stop. Banogu was just a raw PRS project, and was a total miss of a pick. He came from a D known rely on pure measurables, not really finesse or technique. Dayo is tweener that is also a bit raw, but has legit tape at both DE and 3T in a more traditional scheme. Not saying he's going to be an elite guy, just his floor is much higher than Banogu's. 

Archived