Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• That was very well put Four2itus, I've been saying the same thing since the season ended. There has been no other realistic option at qb. Wentz has to play better, he really needs to just take a check down to Taylor more often. At least our qb situation is a lot better than the steelers. Can you imagine how this forum would be blowing up with the prospect of choosing between Mason Rudolph and Dwayne Haskins?
    • Luck's retirement really screwed us up. And I'm willing to give some leeway and some time to the GM to find the new guy, but AT SOME POINT he has to actually do it. And IMO Ballard made his first big bet with Wentz. If you listen to his press-conference from a few weeks ago, I don't think he likes his bet right now... "at the time" he did though...    It doesn't matter. None of the Taylors, Pittmans of the world matter when the alternative is a franchise QB. You get the QB first, then you worry about RBs... or any position really. At the time I wanted us to go get Herbert or Love. Love is still a questionmark and very well might not pan out. Herbert has been great and projects to be one of the best QBs in the league going forward.    I loved pretty much all of them. I thought this was a clearcut chance for us to get a good prospect... if we really wanted to do it. Do we know with certainty that any of them will be good? No. But you will never get certainty with prospect projections... especially when you are drafting in the teens and teams will never trade out of Trevor Lawrences of the world. You will need to take a chance on someone and develop him. None of the QBs we realistically will continue to have a chance at will be perfect prospects. Mahomes, Watson, Allen, Lamar, Herbert... none of them were perfect prospects. But their teams identified them and targetted them in the draft.     And again - in the grand scheme of things... it doesn't matter that you won't have Paye and Dayo. Arguably it doesn't matter right now that you have them when you are putting Carson Wentz on the field. No price is too high to pay for a franchise QB...     At the time I thought Wentz was a solid flyer to take at a QB with talent who needs rehabilitation and rebuild. I didn't see him as a QB who warrants that type of assets being put into him, though. And I said so at the time, even though Wentz was my no.2 option for QB for 2021 after going for a QB in the draft. But going for one in the draft was by far my favorite option.    You cannot make decisions with the fear that you will lose 3-4 1st for a bust at QB. Yes you might waste them. Or you might get a franchise QB. But you can waste 3-4 first on any position really. In fact, teams waste them all the time on all sorts of positions. The hit rate is similar for all positions in the 1st round. People act like if you make those 4 picks on other positions you will get 4 hits... when the reality is more like - you will get 2 right and will get two busts. So you will be left with 2 Paye level players that won't be able to compensate for the lack of franchise QB anyways. QB is so much more important than any other position on the field that to me the question about whether or not you go for a QB in the draft should be almost entirely removed from the price. The question should be - do you believe in this QB and do you think he has a good chance to become your franchise QB with development and experience? If the answer is yes - you go for it, almost regardeless of the price you need to pay. If not, you stay put and you continue to improve your roster at other spots or accumulating assets for a future draft when you might need them to go get the QB you love.    Oh, I've been patient. I've been saying for a while that I don't want Ballard to take a QB just to take a QB and that I'm willing to give him a bit of time. But at some point he will need to hit on a QB or he won't be our GM for long. And he already missed on one - Wentz was his first big shot at a QB after Luck retired. I don't think Irsay will stand for another season like this if Ballard and Reich decide to stick with Wentz for example.  Realistically... in the immediate, we have several options: 1. Stick with Wentz, maybe add competition/insurance in the form of... Mariota, Winston, Trubisky...  2. Go for another mediocre option - Cousins, Jimmy G, etc.  3. Go for broke with one of the premier vets who might be on the market - Rodgers, Wilson... Watson( ) 4. Fall in love with a QB in the draft, trade up or hope he falls to you in the second.    I honestly don't love any of those. I think I like 4 most, but again - only if they actually fall in love with a QB. I don't want us to draft one just to draft one as a flyer to see what happens. If we are drafting one high we need to have concrete plan and idea about what we will be doing with him and how we will be developing him to be our franchise guy.    I think the options in order of preference for me are  4>3>1>=2 (depending on what the price is for going for someone like Cousins or Jimmy G - if they come free'ish I'm good with it, if not, I prefer we stick with Wentz).   But for long-term success, IMO 3 is not very desireable and that's why even though I think it might give us best chance in the immediate future, I don't love it long-term.    But maybe the most realistic option would be for us to go for it in 2023. I just am not sure Ballard and Reich will survive 2022 this way. 
    • The 2023 class.   Trading a TON to move up and get Bryce Young or CJ Stroud
    • Weather conditions that bad complicate a single game judgement for any player, and Rodgers looked as good as ever, I think before the toe injury, in Arizona, with practice squad receivers. So I think he should move to Pheonix. And if Garoppolo's thumb ligament is truly torn, and needing 'postseason surgery', how can he be expected to throw at all? Or is the thumb headline not true(like all the other news)?  
    • I like Ballard a lot. I don't worship him though. I certainly don't want him fired. I like Reich as a guy. I don't care for his play calling or conservative personnel use and scheme. I'd be more than happy with him as HC if he'd give up play calling. 
  • Members

• Colt.45

Colt.45 1,259

• ColtsFan_98

ColtsFan_98 0

Rookie
    • Two_pound

Two_pound 322

• Misty_B

Misty_B 0

Rookie
    • Colt Overseas