Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Empty seats in Houston

FanFromtheWasteland

That’s what happens when the economy isn’t great and the cities team has only won 2 games. Lol

Have you seen Pacers games? Selling tickets for $10 and still can’t get fans to show up.

Colts are playing good enough to get the stadium filled however the big issue is the Colts fans are well known to sell their season tickets often and to the highest bidder (probably why so many opposing fans are at the game.)

24 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

That’s what happens when the economy isn’t great and the cities team has only won 2 games. Lol

Have you seen Pacers games? Selling tickets for $10 and still can’t get fans to show up.

Colts are playing good enough to get the stadium filled however the big issue is the Colts fans are well known to sell their season tickets often and to the highest bidder (probably why so many opposing fans are at the game.)

The Pacers issues come from ownership/management. They are not serious about winning. The team president has stated on multiple occasions how his goal is to be "competitive" and for the team to be "a tough out in the playoffs". The roster isn't very good and 3 coaches in the last 3 years have spoke about the lack of effort. Their TV situation doesn't help either. They would have issues no matter the economy though.

The Colts are selling about 98% capacity of LOS this year. During the Manning years/early Luck years it was over 100%. I think it will get back there is the team can become a real contender again.

As for Houston can't be surprised at those empty seats. That team sure fell off fast from where they were.

1 hour ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

There have been a lot of fans complaining about empty seats or opposing fans in seats at LOS. Has anyone else noticed all the empty seats today at Houston? Just a reality check that it can always be worse than you think it can.

Um duh 

1 hour ago, bravo4460 said:

Pacers aren’t competing for anything besides a first round sweep. Besides the Colts can actually win a championship within the next couple years.. not so much with the Pacers

1 hour ago, Nesjan3 said:

Covids clearly a factor as well. Even here in Canada where Hockey is really the only sport that matters to most people and stadiums in normal times are ALWAYS sold out, attendance is the lowest its been in quite some time.

I can assure you down here it is not. Especially in Texas, no one went because it’s a horrible team. Too many sold out stadiums. Heck the first couple colts games were nearly sold out but losses really decreased the fan base 

1 hour ago, Nesjan3 said:

Covids clearly a factor as well. Even here in Canada where Hockey is really the only sport that matters to most people and stadiums in normal times are ALWAYS sold out, attendance is the lowest its been in quite some time.

Folks in Texas aren't worried about covid.   Watch Cowboys games

The Texans decided to tank this season, plain and simple. And I'm not using that term lightly, but when they decided to sit DeShaun Watson for non-football reasons AND not trade him until they felt they got full worth eliminated any possibility of the team competing...a possibility already made improbable by letting the former coach make terrible decisions with personnel and giving away draft picks like candy.

Its not economy or covid, its a franchise that told its fans that they weren't going to compete. But on the plus side they are keeping their top 5 pick this year. 

1 hour ago, runthepost said:

Pacers aren’t competing for anything besides a first round sweep. Besides the Colts can actually win a championship within the next couple years.. not so much with the Pacers

Yeah I’m more comparing the Pacers to the Texans not the Colts..

Although can’t really compare either due to salary cap differences in leagues.

That's when the teams need halftime entertainment that is worthwhile for the fans....I guess the Pacer's had some entertainment the other night; 1 was a rapper and another night it was an acrobat on a unicycle!  Change up the music for sure!  lol

17 minutes ago, Nancy said:

That's when the teams need halftime entertainment that is worthwhile for the fans....I guess the Pacer's had some entertainment the other night; 1 was a rapper and another night it was an acrobat on a unicycle!  Change up the music for sure!  lol

Not once in my life has halftime entertainment changed my mind about going to a game.  To be fair though I usually go outside to smoke a cigarette at halftime

36 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Not once in my life has halftime entertainment changed my mind about going to a game.  To be fair though I usually go outside to smoke a cigarette at halftime

Besides the games my niece and her dance team performed at half time, Ive never once looked up not cared what the halftime show will be. Games are expensive and I go for the sport

Archived