Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Breaking: Kelly on the Reserve Covid list

NewColtsFan

1 minute ago, cbear said:

So if he has covid, wouldn't Wentz and maybe the other olinemen be close contacts and be out also? You're lining up 2 feet away and in Wentz case touching the guy. 

You beat me to it.  I was just gonna say, wouldn't our next concern be a certain unvaccinated quarterback, who only puts his hands on this guy's butt 60 times a game?

14 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

You beat me to it.  I was just gonna say, wouldn't our next concern be a certain unvaccinated quarterback, who only puts his hands on this guy's butt 60 times a game?

I mean, you realize Wentz is in shotgun most of the time right? :P

16 minutes ago, cbear said:

So if he has covid, wouldn't Wentz and maybe the other olinemen be close contacts and be out also? You're lining up 2 feet away and in Wentz case touching the guy. 

Concerning? Absolutely. They’ll be testing the offense multiple times probably from here on out, including right before the game. Here’s to hoping it stays isolated…

24 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Concerning? Absolutely. They’ll be testing the offense multiple times probably from here on out, including right before the game. Here’s to hoping it stays isolated…

Why you assuming this. This doesn’t mean Kelly is positive. He could be a close contact of a staff member or even a family member. If he is positive yes any close contacts who are also vaccinated will be tested every day. The ones that aren’t vaccinated would be on the list if they were close contacts and are getting vaccinated everyday anyway.

Close contact is not just being around a someone for a couple minutes. There are defined rules what makes a close contact. If Kelly is positive then we may be to hold our breath but we do have a bye week.

18 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

This is not good. Not good at all. Like others have said luckily we have Texans then bye. Let’s see what Pinter is made of. He looks small. 

6’4” and 306 is not small for a center.   He’s the same height as Kelly and inky a few pounds lighter.    He was a tackle in college.   

Not saying he won’t have issues, but he should be ok.  

23 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

This is not good. Not good at all. Like others have said luckily we have Texans then bye. Let’s see what Pinter is made of. He looks small. 

We're fine.

Pinter 6-4 / 306

Kelly 6-4 / 307

And height wise, you don't a super tall OC.

My only concern is experience. He's really only played edge help so far.

But if you had to pick a game for this, this is the game to pick

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

We're fine.

Pinter 6-4 / 306

Kelly 6-4 / 307

As long as we are all healthy for Patriots game

52 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

6’4” and 306 is not small for a center.   He’s the same height as Kelly and inky a few pounds lighter.    He was a tackle in college.   

Not saying he won’t have issues, but he should be ok.  

47 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

We're fine.

Pinter 6-4 / 306

Kelly 6-4 / 307

I didn’t think he was that big

40 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. He was a TE, then OT (put on like 40+ lbs), then more weight once he got to Indy.

Got a good frame that can handle it. Wouldn't be shocked to see him 310-320 in a year or two.

Didn't know he used to be a TE. That explains why he has more receiving TDs this year than Julio Jones. 

3 minutes ago, Caleb3502 said:

Didn't know he used to be a TE. That explains why he has more receiving TDs this year than Julio Jones. 

His history at Adams HS and BSU is pretty interesting. From TE his frosh year at Ball State, to OT conversion the next, to BSU MVP his senior year.

He was born/raised in South Bend, and IIRC wanted to go to ND. Just a two star kid, so only got a couple mid major offers. 

Totally love the guy. IMO his ceiling is great for a 5th round guy, and is just starting to learn the position and feel comfortable in his body. Has put on 65+ pound in 4 years, and still growing.

Would not be shocked to see him take over for OC when RK's contract is up. 

1 minute ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

If a bunch test positive.  I hope it's this Monday.

85% of our players are vaccinated. There is only a handful that isn’t. The issue is I believe our entire oline minus glow and our QB is unvaccinated. Hopefully Kelly is just a close contact because I wouldn’t want to see this spreading.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Slide Nelson to Center, Reed at LG, would be an interesting combo

Pinter will be fine. Q is the only one that's sackless, and we need him next to Fisher. 

If they play anyone at C other than Pinter, I'd do Reed or Glow at C.

Kelly hasn't exactly had a good year either, so we might be surprised with Pinter.

52 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Pinter will be fine. Q is the only one that's sackless, and we need him next to Fisher. 

If they play anyone at C other than Pinter, I'd do Reed or Glow at C.

Kelly hasn't exactly had a good year either, so we might be surprised with Pinter.

Reed yes he practiced there a lot in Miami and has had a very solid year at Guard...Glow well I recall the experiment with him there and the less then great results we had with it putting the ball on the ground.

4 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Why you assuming this. This doesn’t mean Kelly is positive. He could be a close contact of a staff member or even a family member. If he is positive yes any close contacts who are also vaccinated will be tested every day. The ones that aren’t vaccinated would be on the list if they were close contacts and are getting vaccinated everyday anyway.

Close contact is not just being around a someone for a couple minutes. There are defined rules what makes a close contact. If Kelly is positive then we may be to hold our breath but we do have a bye week.

I’m in education. Trust me, I know the definition of close contact very well. I also didn’t say he’s positive himself. How would getting vaccinated everyday work?

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I’m in education. Trust me, I know the definition of close contact very well. I also didn’t say he’s positive himself. How would getting vaccinated everyday work?

We are talking about what the nfl rule is. Anything closer then  6 ft for more then ten or fifteen minutes. They wear trackers that determine this. 

Pinter will start at center I am sure.  He’s done well in the very limited action he’s had at it and has graded well when he has played so let’s hope he just keeps playing well.

As for all this talk about other players.  If there were other close contacts I believe they would have been announced when Kelly was.  If someone else tests for it there is nothing else the Colts can do about it at this point except wait and see and deal with it if and when it happens.  The good news is after tomorrow the Colts have their bye so hopefully any fall out from this will minimal.  

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

Slide Nelson to Center, Reed at LG, would be an interesting combo

It would be interesting for sure but I don’t think it’s a good idea.  Not because Q couldn’t do it.  He physically can probably play anywhere on the line you need him too.  It’s the line calls the center has to make.  Q has not been asked to do this, practice it, or have NFL experience seeing it and doing it.  Pinter does, even if it’s just mostly pre-season stuff.  I think that a lone is the argument for Pinter.

40 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

It would be interesting for sure but I don’t think it’s a good idea.  Not because Q couldn’t do it.  He physically can probably play anywhere on the line you need him too.  It’s the line calls the center has to make.  Q has not been asked to do this, practice it, or have NFL experience seeing it and doing it.  Pinter does, even if it’s just mostly pre-season stuff.  I think that a lone is the argument for Pinter.

Or, it's a great idea bla bla bla. 

IF, IF one wanted to discuss the logic of it... running up the gut would be easier.

Archived