Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lions release DE Da'Shawn Hand


Recommended Posts

The Colts have some decisions to make during the off-season regarding some of their edge players and Hand when healthy has graded better than some on our current roster throughout his career.  Wouldn't mind seeing the Colts make an attempt to grab Hand hoping he recovers from his groin injury.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd rather take a look at Dante Fowler Jr. of the Falcons or a vet presence like Brandon Graham / Calais Campbell who will all be free agents for a 1 or 2 year deal. Banogu is gone for good and Lewis, if we sign one of the above, might be retained as depth based on his recovery. Turay OR AQM, I see us bringing back for a cheap "show me" 1 year deal for situational pass rushing, just not both. I think the DL will have a lot of shuffle on the pass rush front, especially if we get a new DC, hopefully Jim Schwartz.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2018 4th round draft choice, 3 sacks his rookie year, and either injured or not starting ever since.  2018 Lindy's Draft Guide says the he's got decent length, but is stronger than he is fast, with below average snap anticipation.  Sounds more like a 3-4 DE than a 4-3 Edge.  When healthy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

I'd rather take a look at Dante Fowler Jr. of the Falcons or a vet presence like Brandon Graham / Calais Campbell who will all be free agents for a 1 or 2 year deal. Banogu is gone for good and Lewis, if we sign one of the above, might be retained as depth based on his recovery. Turay OR AQM, I see us bringing back for a cheap "show me" 1 year deal for situational pass rushing, just not both. I think the DL will have a lot of shuffle on the pass rush front, especially if we get a new DC, hopefully Jim Schwartz.


I think Dante Fowler is roughly a $15 mill a year guy….   He’s a starter.   We have our two starters for 22.   Paye and Dayo.    Where would we find the money or the snaps Fowler would want?  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/3/2021 at 12:13 PM, NewColtsFan said:


I think Dante Fowler is roughly a $15 mill a year guy….   He’s a starter.   We have our two starters for 22.   Paye and Dayo.    Where would we find the money or the snaps Fowler would want?  

I don't think finding snaps would be the issue, but $15mil is definitely going to be a problem. I know there was a post in the main chat about the cap going up considerably, but there is still the Quentin Nelson contract to resolve. Also I'm sure Taylor and Pittman will be looking for extensions after next season(both were 2nd round picks so no 5th year option). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, ColtV said:

I don't think finding snaps would be the issue, but $15mil is definitely going to be a problem. I know there was a post in the main chat about the cap going up considerably, but there is still the Quentin Nelson contract to resolve. Also I'm sure Taylor and Pittman will be looking for extensions after next season(both were 2nd round picks so no 5th year option). 


Yes….   Pittman and Taylor will be looking for their new deals in the winter of 23, after next season.  
 

And we have two big deals coming this off-season….   Q and Fish, or whoever we get to play LT.    Plus a long list of players on the roster now who need to be re-signed.   Plus any other modest priced FA we want to sign. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...