Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lions release DE Da'Shawn Hand

The Colts have some decisions to make during the off-season regarding some of their edge players and Hand when healthy has graded better than some on our current roster throughout his career.  Wouldn't mind seeing the Colts make an attempt to grab Hand hoping he recovers from his groin injury.

I'd rather take a look at Dante Fowler Jr. of the Falcons or a vet presence like Brandon Graham / Calais Campbell who will all be free agents for a 1 or 2 year deal. Banogu is gone for good and Lewis, if we sign one of the above, might be retained as depth based on his recovery. Turay OR AQM, I see us bringing back for a cheap "show me" 1 year deal for situational pass rushing, just not both. I think the DL will have a lot of shuffle on the pass rush front, especially if we get a new DC, hopefully Jim Schwartz.

2018 4th round draft choice, 3 sacks his rookie year, and either injured or not starting ever since.  2018 Lindy's Draft Guide says the he's got decent length, but is stronger than he is fast, with below average snap anticipation.  Sounds more like a 3-4 DE than a 4-3 Edge.  When healthy.

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

I'd rather take a look at Dante Fowler Jr. of the Falcons or a vet presence like Brandon Graham / Calais Campbell who will all be free agents for a 1 or 2 year deal. Banogu is gone for good and Lewis, if we sign one of the above, might be retained as depth based on his recovery. Turay OR AQM, I see us bringing back for a cheap "show me" 1 year deal for situational pass rushing, just not both. I think the DL will have a lot of shuffle on the pass rush front, especially if we get a new DC, hopefully Jim Schwartz.

I think Dante Fowler is roughly a $15 mill a year guy….   He’s a starter.   We have our two starters for 22.   Paye and Dayo.    Where would we find the money or the snaps Fowler would want?  

On 12/3/2021 at 12:13 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I think Dante Fowler is roughly a $15 mill a year guy….   He’s a starter.   We have our two starters for 22.   Paye and Dayo.    Where would we find the money or the snaps Fowler would want?  

I don't think finding snaps would be the issue, but $15mil is definitely going to be a problem. I know there was a post in the main chat about the cap going up considerably, but there is still the Quentin Nelson contract to resolve. Also I'm sure Taylor and Pittman will be looking for extensions after next season(both were 2nd round picks so no 5th year option). 

15 minutes ago, ColtV said:

I don't think finding snaps would be the issue, but $15mil is definitely going to be a problem. I know there was a post in the main chat about the cap going up considerably, but there is still the Quentin Nelson contract to resolve. Also I'm sure Taylor and Pittman will be looking for extensions after next season(both were 2nd round picks so no 5th year option). 

Yes….   Pittman and Taylor will be looking for their new deals in the winter of 23, after next season.  

And we have two big deals coming this off-season….   Q and Fish, or whoever we get to play LT.    Plus a long list of players on the roster now who need to be re-signed.   Plus any other modest priced FA we want to sign. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived