Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Texans Pregame discussion

Four2itus

What do you feel about the matchup? 

Will Brinson of CBS had this prediction....

Colts at Texans

Sunday, 1 p.m. ET
TV: CBS | Stream: Paramount+ (click here)  

Latest Odds:Houston Texans +10

The weirdest thing about the 2021 NFL season? The Texans are 2-9 and eighth in defensive DVOA. They're terrible against the run, which portends nicely for Jonathan Taylor in this matchup. But what if Houston just loads the box, slows down Taylor (a.k.a. CBS Sports senior NFL reporter Jonathan Jones) and creates a turnover or two by pressuring Carson Wentz? No one thinks this Texans team is good, but they're trying every week and the Colts are coming off the emotional letdown of being stabbed in the side with a Tom Brady sword. I think Indy is a good football team, but this is a big test of how they can respond. 

The Pick: Texans 17, Colts 14

I feel that all we really have to do is just use our best plays that have worked and we will win easily. This should be like the Jets game on a short week. Should not have to worry about matchups that much. Just pound the ball and just play. Houston doesnt have the players Tampa has so  loading the box won’t be effective.

47 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Colts will Rock, Roll, and Run.... 

Houston is arguably the worst run D in the league. 2nd most rushing YPG allowed, 2nd most rushing TDs allowed.

If we ice JT.... it'll be ugly around here, win or lose. In reality, all our backs should get plenty of carries. 

Want to see Deon Jackson get some run if the game gets out of hand in the 3rd or 4th. I’m assuming Mack gets another healthy scratch.

7 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Want to see Deon Jackson get some run if the game gets out of hand in the 3rd or 4th. I’m assuming Mack gets another healthy scratch.

As long as we're up, I don't care which RB gets the carries. With a bye coming up, I'd be happy with JT primarily in the 1H, then the others in the 2H.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

All 9 ESPN picks are for the Colts. 

Who is picking Houston?

43 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I haven't seen anyone pick the Texans

Will Brinson of CBS Sports as posted above....

Both Marc Daniels and Mike Bianchi on the radio pick segment today on 96.9 "The Game" the #1 Talk Radio station in the area

https://sportzshala.com/nfl-week-13-picks-odds-patriots-upset-bills-texans-shock-colts-and-rams-bounce-back-against-jaguars/

More Chris Reed, more icing for Big Q, I would not mind that. Perfect game for Marlon Mack to list himself amongst waiver adds by running more in the second half, IMO. Great game for Jack Doyle and MAC to burn that Texans D who are terrible vs TEs, that is where I would attack in the passing game because there will be plenty of opportunities with play action. Just a "take care of business" type of game, 34-17 type of game, IMO.

7 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Both Marc Daniels and Mike Bianchi on the radio pick segment today on 96.9 "The Game" the #1 Talk Radio station in the area

https://sportzshala.com/nfl-week-13-picks-odds-patriots-upset-bills-texans-shock-colts-and-rams-bounce-back-against-jaguars/

Never heard of him. Looks like he was 3 and 3 last week in his picks.

54 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Never heard of either one

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Never heard of either one

Will's been around CBS Sports NFL for last 7 years

Marc has been around 30 plus years, biggest Sports radio guy in area by far, runs a great program

Bianchi before radio was lead columnist for Orlando Sentinel but like Daniels is the voice of Sports Radio state wide

Archived