Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Sendejo

mirobi48

7 minutes ago, mirobi48 said:

In all the games that he has played for Colts has he made any tackles that make a difference? The weak link in the secondary he misses to many tackles. Seems like there would be a better option 

Yes.    There IS a better option.  I can’t reveal who it is as I’ve been sworn to secrecy. 

But I have it on the highest authority that the general manger, the assistant GM,  the head coach, the defensive coordinator and the defensive backs coach ALL AGREE there is a better option.    But they refuse to play him. 

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes.    There IS a better option.  I can’t reveal who it is as I’ve been sworn to secrecy. 

But I have it on the highest authority that the general manger, the assistant GM,  the head coach, the defensive coordinator and the defensive backs coach ALL AGREE there is a better option.    But they refuse to play him. 

I'll spoil it, Khari Willis and he comes back this week...shh....

In reality Willis will come back to Strong Safety which Odum has been filling and Sendejo will stay at Free for time being.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I’d call him an awful player, but at the risk of insulting awful players everywhere I won’t. 

pile GIF

I wouldnt call him awful, he is limited in what he can do. Lacks speed for sure and takes bad angles leading to missed tackles. He hits hard, is fearless and his motor goes non stop. Good backup and Dime back just not a Strong Safety you want starting if avoidable and not  Free Safety at all but filled in when we needed and did better then anyone really expected.

2 hours ago, mirobi48 said:

In all the games that he has played for Colts has he made any tackles that make a difference? The weak link in the secondary he misses to many tackles. Seems like there would be a better option 

30 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I’d call him an awful player, but at the risk of insulting awful players everywhere I won’t. 

pile GIF

He's had two bad games out of the 8 he's started. Balt and TB.

And they were bad primarily because of missed tackles. 3 missed Ts in each of those games.

Kenny has as many misses as Sendejo, and Blackmon was pretty poor on the missed tackle area too. Before Blackmon went out, he was co-leading the team in missed tackles with Oke IIRC. 

Overall, he's got the best coverage of all of starting DBs (passer rating allowed).

He's sitting at 77.9 which is very good. Blackmon was 134.7 (horrible and worst of all DBs), and Willis was 118.7 (only DBs worse are Blackmon and Odum).

He's also given up 0 TDs in coverage in 8 games starting. Willis gave up 4 TDs in 6 games. Blackmon 1 TD in 6 games.

So is he great or elite, no. He's an upgrade in coverage over Blackmon, Willis, and Odum. He just needs to cut down on missed tackles. 

• Like 2

Not defending him or anything but if my eye test is right then I think his missed tackles could be SOMEWHAT due to the fact of get the ball out mindset instead of the secure tackle then try getting ball out. I think this is part of the bad tackling on the whole defense at times.

2 hours ago, tvturner said:

Sendejo was one of the worst safeties in all of football last year

He hasn't been as bad as last year but he's still been below average

When the best apples in the basket are picked through, sometimes you’re left with some with blemishes.

The way Ballard brings guys in for a look-see , i cant believe an upgrade isnt on his radar.

3 hours ago, mirobi48 said:

Not really sure what your talking about??Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden Sendejo Has been very solid since he has been started! I would hate to think were the Colts might be without him!

• Like 1

Overall like his contributions to the team this year; reminds me heavily of Mike Mitchell from 2018. Every team needs its shares of Dennis Rodmans, Rick Mahorns at times. Basically like a Laron Landry except for pennies on the price.

Just not a guy you'd want as a starting safety.

4 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

I feel like Sandejo hasn’t done to bad all things considered. 

Best coverage grade (passer rating allowed) of all starting DBs. 

Just needs to clean up missed tackles.

Not elite, but certainly not bad given the situation. We're lucky to have him. 

• Like 2