Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Week 13 Practice/Injury Report (Texans)

EastStreet

• EastStreet changed the title to 2021 Week 13 Practice/Injury Report (Texans)

Nothing too surprising for us this Wednesday, although this Texans news is quite interesting that they have enough people sick that they canceled practice, because Lamar Jackson missed a game due to sickness, it may end up who is playing Sunday.

and I have to add the Pun "It looks like the Texans are getting Down with the Sickness" lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

Nothing too surprising for us this Wednesday, although this Texans news is quite interesting that they have enough people sick that they canceled practice, because Lamar Jackson missed a game due to sickness, it may end up who is playing Sunday.

and I have to add the Pun "It looks like the Texans are getting Down with the Sickness" lol

Yup, the Texans sickness stuff will be interesting to follow.

On us, I hate the double-up injuries lol. Defo and Darius both doubled up. 

I think I'm most worried about Sendejo. We're totally thin at safety. 

2 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Well, we are trotting out our players with specific instructions not to talk or shake hands and play flag football only, aren't we? :) 

On a serious note, if it is Covid going around with the Texans, I know we have a bye week after this but the last thing I want is any exposure to our players ending up in guys missing games. 

43 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Good thing Colts have a bye in case the Texans players get them sick.

It would be beyond awesome if they just called the game, and Q, Leonard, and Defo got 3 weeks to heal before the next game.

Hate to not have a game, but would love to heal up for the stretch. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

It would be beyond awesome if they just called the game, and Q, Leonard, and Defo got 3 weeks to heal before the next game.

Hate to not have a game, but would love to heal up for the stretch. 

Ehh I doubt that happens. Btw, when did Fisher get hurt

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Well, we are trotting out our players with specific instructions not to talk or shake hands and play flag football only, aren't we? :) 

On a serious note, if it is Covid going around with the Texans, I know we have a bye week after this but the last thing I want is any exposure to our players ending up in guys missing games. 

It's most likely not Covid if it was, the sports talk world would be going crazy about the canceled practice

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

It's most likely not Covid if it was, the sports talk world would be going crazy about the canceled practice

It's not Covid. Sounds like the stomach flu or something from what I've read. 

WR and RB hit hard though whatever it is.

https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/houston-injury-rumor-illness-brandin-cooks-practice-cancel-new

• Like 1

Just now, JediXMan said:

Hopefully if the game get out of hand for the Texans we can rest Buckner and Leonard last few quarters.

Maybe  another game Sam gets some snaps. Went is supposed to reach that snap count this weekend. Texans are like dead last in run defense so should be a good day for Taylor. He should get 150 yards.  

1 hour ago, Fluke_33 said:

Houston not practicing at all because of illness is crazy.  I don't think i've heard of that before in the nfl.

I hope Defo and all the starters play.  We cannot afford to take any game lightly.

I was trying to recall something similar when I first read it and I can’t. But in these times it’s not the worst idea in the world. 

At least if we wind up steamrolling then again they can be like 

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148862e80ae1ad85ff0b450

Finishing up game matchup thread, and will comment a little on impacts there

Texans Final Practice Report

• Out
    • WR Danny Amendola  Knee  DNP DNP DNP     Out
    • DB Terrence Brooks  Hamstring  DNP DNP DNP  Out
    • OL Justin McCray  Concussion  DNP DNP DNP  Out
    • DL DeMarcus Walker  Hamstring  DNP DNP DNP  Out
    • QB Deshaun WatsonPersonalDNPDNPDNPOut
  • Questionable 
    • WR Chris Conley Illness  DNP  DNP LP  Quest.
    • WR Brandin Cooks  Illness  DNP  DNP  LP  Quest.
    • RB David Johnson  Illness/Thigh  DNP  DNP  DNP  Quest.
    • OL Cole Toner  Illness  DNP LP LP  Quest.
    • DL Jonathan Greenard  Foot  LP  LP LP  Quest.
  • Back
    • DL Jacob Martin  Shin  LP LP FP—
    • DB Terrance Mitchell Illness —DNP FP—

12 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Bye came in handy.

Good thing we have a capable backup in Pinter and it’s the Texans and we have the bye week. Hopefully later this afternoon we don’t have any close contacts. That makes me nervous with most of the oline being unvaccinated.  

This probably does hurt the run game a little. Hopefully we won’t see any bad snaps and fumbles.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Bye came in handy.

I'm excited to see what Pinter can do (assuming he's the starter).

No better game really, if we have to start him. 

A little scary though. He's really only been "help" on the edge so far. 

Kelly with Covid, and his proximity to QB is scary. Close call...

GO PINTER

• Like 2

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

If Pinter falters at all we can opted for Chris Reed, he's been solid all season at Guard, worked as a backup Center for Jags. Glow also has some Center experience but didnt do great there.

Yep we have two good options. The only concern is fumbling with no practice time with Wentz. 

Was it the Steelers game last year where Pinter started at center? He played well. It was the tackle spots that cost us the game if I recall.