Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's Jim got up his sleeve?

TimetobringDfence!

53 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Maybe we can talk to Josh McDaniels again and let the past be a history and start over.  We are a forgiving country.  This way he  can bring some of that winning formula from NE., besides he would have the inside track on beating NE every year if both teams make the playoffs every year, I have a feeling with their OROY candidate, they'll be in the playoffs again and again.  Just saying.

1.  Frank isn’t getting fired.

2.  Even if he did or say he’s the next coach at Norte Dame (which he won’t be) there is a better chance Ballard hires someone off the forum than going down the McDaniels road again.  He’s burned that bridge in Indy to the ground.  

6 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

We aren't as big of a market as we were when Peyton was here...we probably always host the combine to pay the stadium off...and we can barely keep the seats filled...we don't have the true sellouts they claim...I was at the Seahawks home opener and shocked to see so many empties for a season opener..wasn't alot but a lot for that situation...

I think that's in part due to Covid. Not everyone is carefree about it.

6 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

We aren't as big of a market as we were when Peyton was here...we probably always host the combine to pay the stadium off...and we can barely keep the seats filled...we don't have the true sellouts they claim...I was at the Seahawks home opener and shocked to see so many empties for a season opener..wasn't alot but a lot for that situation...

I hope a move never happens to Indy. I would hate to see 1984 Colt throwback uniforms in San Antonio, or some other city, the 2006 Super Bowl banner hanging in another city’s rafters, and Peyton Manning and the other Indy Hall of Famers now listed under another city in the Hall of Fame in Canton. I wonder how many Indiana natives would be genetic Colt fans if they moved to another city? I personally don’t think it would happen , but plenty of other city’s have gotten blindsided because of not building an updated stadium, with corresponding revenue. 
I like the combine in Indy, they’ve been loyal fans for the Colts, and I find any relocation distressing. I don’t think Irsay would do what his father did, because there is always a price to pay. Just ask Modell and Kroenke. 

4 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

I hope a move never happens to Indy. I would hate to see 1984 Colt throwback uniforms in San Antonio, or some other city, the 2006 Super Bowl banner hanging in another city’s rafters, and Peyton Manning and the other Indy Hall of Famers now listed under another city in the Hall of Fame in Canton. I wonder how many Indiana natives would be genetic Colt fans if they moved to another city? I personally don’t think it would happen , but plenty of other city’s have gotten blindsided because of not building an updated stadium, with corresponding revenue. 
I like the combine in Indy, they’ve been loyal fans for the Colts, and I find any relocation distressing. I don’t think Irsay would do what his father did, because there is always a price to pay. Just ask Modell and Kroenke. 

Well - if it does happen maybe we can lure a team from Baltimore?

Jimmy's thinking that with great offensive production and a leading rusher in the NFL, the Colts have their HC, OC, QB, and offensive personnel pretty much secured under cap, so he can take liberties with more bold predictions.

And the Colts spent proper capital to get the edge and tweener d lineman last draft, (finally) and can fill out the back seven with zone type players in rounds 2 through 4, where they can be found and paid young player contracts.

Things are looking more positive now than they have since Ballard got here, IMO.  I'm fine with Jimmy's prediction.

15 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Jimmy's thinking that with great offensive production and a leading rusher in the NFL, the Colts have their HC, OC, QB, and offensive personnel pretty much secured under cap, so he can take liberties with more bold predictions.

And the Colts spent proper capital to get the edge and tweener d lineman last draft, (finally) and can fill out the back seven with zone type players in rounds 2 through 4, where they can be found and paid young player contracts.

Things are looking more positive now than they have since Ballard got here, IMO.  I'm fine with Jimmy's prediction.

I think the Colts have a very good team , and not reflected by the current record. They just need to finish off these games. That being said , the two SB proclamations are somewhat ludicrous. On one hand all you hear is 1-0, and on the other hand you hear promises of two Super Bowls in a decade. As another poster pointed out, similar things were said during the Luck era. 
I think you are fortunate to win just one Super Bowl. Obviously , the goal is to win more,  but get the first one in the decade before you start demanding a second. 
Who knows though, I thought Joe Namath’s predictions were ridiculous in 1969 ! 

14 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

I think the Colts have a very good team , and not reflected by the current record. They just need to finish off these games. That being said , the two SB proclamations are somewhat ludicrous. On one hand all you hear is 1-0, and on the other hand you hear promises of two Super Bowls in a decade. As another poster pointed out, similar things were said during the Luck era. 
I think you are fortunate to win just one Super Bowl. Obviously , the goal is to win more,  but get the first one in the decade before you start demanding a second. 
Who knows though, I thought Joe Namath’s predictions were ridiculous in 1969 ! 

Yeah, Luck got injured and then retired.  I took Jim's comments as that he thinks we are on the right track now.  He did not say that four years ago or at any time since.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Yeah, Luck got injured and then retired.  I took Jim's comments as that he thinks we are on the right track now.  He did not say that four years ago or at any time since.

I do think the foundation is there. The Colts are a team no one wants to play. Wentz is a lot like Flacco. He needs a great running game, and some decent receivers. If the defense can step it up a bit, you got a chance. 

9 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Promising two superbowls in a decade is risky. Especially in today's NFL where a new rule is emphasized to be used to control the playing field and so many factors are out of your control...or Jim made a deal to move the Colts to a bigger market in exchange for growth and superbowls...he never said win two for INDY... he specifically said Colts Organization...sweet dreams this offseason...I have a sick gut feeling about this one...we have been the leagues pet and pushing bag this year with schedule  design and officiating in big games...everyone sees how good the Colts are but our fan base is a smaller steady market...Reich will be gone and so will are team... he is falling on dagger looking like the only reason we are losing right now. When it's really capitalism working at its finest. This squad will be lighting it up somewhere new very soon.. 

oh for Pete’s sake 

Archived