Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jack Doyle

GoColts8818

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Lots of negative talk after yesterday but I wanted to talk about something good.  Jack Doyle followed up his game in Buffalo where his blocking was show cased with a great passing game.  Nice to see the local kid have good back-to-back outings.

Agree, He was Mr. reliable again, Always open and made the catch when we needed it.

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

He showed up yesterday, not sure he is at the end of the line like many think. He will never be the type to do a lot after the catch but we have Granson for that, but dependable hands and decent blocker. Blue collar in every way. 

Yes he does a lot of the ugly stuff that largely gets ignored.  I am also happy with the progress that Granson has been making as well.  

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yes he does a lot of the ugly stuff that largely gets ignored.  I am also happy with the progress that Granson has been making as well.  

I'm excited for Granson, pre season he struggled but those double clutches seem a thing of the past. He is making clean grabs and turning up field. I think he blows up nest season but think down the stretch he see more looks as we go away from Pascal.

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

I'm excited for Granson, pre season he struggled but those double clutches seem a thing of the past. He is making clean grabs and turning up field. I think he blows up nest season but think down the stretch he see more looks as we go away from Pascal.

Yeah, I wasn’t overly concerned about his pre-season struggles because he was a rookie who was a mid round pick.  I figured there would be some struggles early on.  

He's an interesting case. Last week against Buffalo he made several critical blocks to spring nice runs, and this week makes several nice catches. Particularly liked the toe drag swag for the first down. Really good all around contributor.

50 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

He showed up yesterday, not sure he is at the end of the line like many think. He will never be the type to do a lot after the catch but we have Granson for that, but dependable hands and decent blocker. Blue collar in every way. 

My reason for thinking end of the line is his own comments and that it seemed a good bet he will retire after the contract is finish

Archived