Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

our needs on offense

bleed blue4life

26 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t know but I am also not Ballard.  He might also being willing to replace the LT and spend money.  He did with the DT position and QB position.  He also might think they can get one in the draft in the second round.  He might also re-sign Fisher.  I am not ruling that out but it’s not going to be the only option.  

I think the best option is resigning Fisher and  trying to get one in the draft to develop. I would also like to see how Pryor might handle LT. He would do ok in the run game with his size. Would like to know if he could maybe have a future as a starter.

10 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Leno was cheaper, has graded better, been available the more snaps, and has a better sack %.

Leno only has 1 penalty while Fisher has 7 through last week.

Both tackles were available but I think Ballard chose Fisher because he saw him as more of a long term solution.  He knew Fisher from KC I believe.  I think that really played into the decision.  Leno has played better this year but if Fisher can fully recover from his injury it will bode well for us next year.

On offense it’s clear that the receiving corps is lacking a two and three. That has to change. Pitt is fine as the number one. 
But you can  bring in three all pros in the defensive backfield and it won’t make a hill of beans difference if the Colts play the same defense. The scheme just flat stinks, and can and will be dominated by good offenses that will take what they are given. You can chase your tail for a decade looking for the pass rushers needed to make Flus’ system work. Short of having those pieces, his scheme doesn’t work. Period. And the Colts had better do something about that or they will be perpetually on the outside looking in. 
That said, I do believe that a better running mate for Blackmon would help. Perhaps a truer FS type. Willis is a step slow, and the supporting cast lacks talent. 

6 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

No Pittman is a number one receiver in this league. He’s shown he can hang with the big boys. Every game he makes a big play. Need someone who can supplement him.

I think the moniker #1 or #2 does not speak to the issue.  Pitt is not exactly the deep threat the offense needs to stretch the defense.  Maybe the #2 can focus on vertical routes, not necessarily a high number of targets with a variety of routes.

The point being is that we need another speed guy.  Pascal, Patmon, Strauch, are not that and I think Dulin is better suited for emergencies and special teams.

Parris needs to come back next year.  Not ready to give up on him, because I would not want to waste a draft pick on a WR this spring when there are more pressing needs on D.

45 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think the moniker #1 or #2 does not speak to the issue.  Pitt is not exactly the deep threat the offense needs to stretch the defense.  Maybe the #2 can focus on vertical routes, not necessarily a high number of targets with a variety of routes.

The point being is that we need another speed guy.  Pascal, Patmon, Strauch, are not that and I think Dulin is better suited for emergencies and special teams.

Parris needs to come back next year.  Not ready to give up on him, because I would not want to waste a draft pick on a WR this spring when there are more pressing needs on D.

I agree that there is a crying need for more speed at the WR position. However, the need is for a veteran with some wheels. Not a rookie that will take another few years to develop. Its time to invest some $ in the position. We've likely seen the last of TY. Other than that, they have no money tied up at the WR position. That just won't cut it any longer. The Colts put all their marbles in TY returning to form, and Campbell somehow being healthy. Campbell clearly can't be counted upon, and TY just doesn't have it any more.  The Colts need to look elsewhere. Ballard knows this; I fully expect the Colts to dive into free agency and grab that missing #2. 

Our biggest need on offense is a healthy "separation" guy at WR that can catch anything and everything

We have the big "Jump ball" guy covered (WELL COVERED)

We do need OT to develop for the future, someone that isnt quite ready but maybe in 2-3 years.

There MAY be someone like that in round 2 or later (Not a blue chip, they will be long gone)

I have been critical of Fisher, but he HAS played better the past few games.... good enough to resign

He is great at run blocking and he seems to be getting his mobility back, bit by bit

We were chewed up because we couldnt cover a TE......  A really good FREE SAFETY would have helped tremendously

OVERALL TEAM NEEDS

1) A playmaking FREE SAFETY

2) "Separation" WR that can catch (Healthy)

3) Zone CB that can tackle 

4) PR Defensive end for rotation

5) OT to develop for future

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

Me personally, I think waiting and seeing on Campbell is not a good idea.  He might not be good anyway, regardless of injury.  He certainly would need development. 

He was wholly unimpressive this camp and early season IMO.  I just don't think he's good enough anyway, let alone with the injuries.  

We either need to splurge on a WR or pass catching TE IMO.  We might be able to seriously compete next year with a speed threat.  

We need to go for it next year IMO.

1 hour ago, Hoose said:

I agree that there is a crying need for more speed at the WR position. However, the need is for a veteran with some wheels. Not a rookie that will take another few years to develop. Its time to invest some $ in the position. We've likely seen the last of TY. Other than that, they have no money tied up at the WR position. That just won't cut it any longer. The Colts put all their marbles in TY returning to form, and Campbell somehow being healthy. Campbell clearly can't be counted upon, and TY just doesn't have it any more.  The Colts need to look elsewhere. Ballard knows this; I fully expect the Colts to dive into free agency and grab that missing #2. 

I'd try to get Christian Kirk for the slot where he does his best work, shouldn't break the bank. Then invest a Round 3 pick on one as well, someone like Rome Doubs of Nevada that has the speed and size.

1 hour ago, Hoose said:

Needs to be a younger vet. Mid to late 20’s. Not anyone over 30.  Go get a vet and draft in 2nd or 3rd round.

25 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Me personally, I think waiting and seeing on Campbell is not a good idea.  He might not be good anyway, regardless of injury.  He certainly would need development. 

He was wholly unimpressive this camp and early season IMO.  I just don't think he's good enough anyway, let alone with the injuries.  

We either need to splurge on a WR or pass catching TE IMO.  We might be able to seriously compete next year with a speed threat.  

We need to go for it next year IMO.

Some have suggested to sign a FA speed threat WR.  I can get on board with that.

Here's a question.  Would you forego Nelson to get the WR, figuring you put Reed at LG and draft another G in the mid rounds?

I think I would personally.  I just don't think we are going to be able to really compete for the title without better talent at pass catcher. 

But year FA pass catchers don't have the best track record but some have been superb.  I just don't think we can afford another draft pick there, and we need to try to catch lightening in a bottle.

I didn't say I was confident it would work, I just think the time is now.  The future is now.  This team is very expensive and getting more so and we are a 500 team and aren't going to have a #1 in next years' draft. 

On 11/29/2021 at 1:38 AM, Stephen said:

If he doesn't get resigned hopefully we get him

I'd take him, or if Fisher returns to form fully, I'd be OK with him too. Fisher did regress a little this week, and the penalties and sacks have to get better though. I can take a few sacks a year, but the penalties from a guy with Fisher's background just isn't good.

20 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Both tackles were available but I think Ballard chose Fisher because he saw him as more of a long term solution.  He knew Fisher from KC I believe.  I think that really played into the decision.  Leno has played better this year but if Fisher can fully recover from his injury it will bode well for us next year.

There's no doubt in my mind that the history (KC) played a heavy part.

Like I said in another response, he's improved since early, and a little regression last week. I can stomach a few sacks, but the penalties have to stop. 

On 11/28/2021 at 8:05 PM, BlackTiger said:

I was never crazy about bringing in Fisher.  He has been a good run blocker but pass blocking has been an issue with him all year.  I dont see him as a long term answer he will be 31 and has struggled with pass protection since suffering a major injury.

A lot of you clowns wanted to get rid of AC too. Then when he retired , you cried about it.

19 hours ago, chad72 said:

I'd try to get Christian Kirk for the slot where he does his best work, shouldn't break the bank. Then invest a Round 3 pick on one as well, someone like Rome Doubs of Nevada that has the speed and size.

Kirk is a great target. Only 25...so he should be a productive WR for 3-4 more years. Fits nicely with what they already have. And this looks like a great draft for a deep threat speed WR. 

I think they need to add to the TE room. Doyle dusted off his cleats for this past game, but he's going to be 32 next year. MAC will be a FA and while I love him as a RZ target...he's largely been a non-factor in the passing game for weeks. For whatever reason, I don't think he's ever going to that big of a role. So I could see him seeking a contract elsewhere.

If the Colts want to spend some money, I would love to get Schultz. But I don't even mind taking a flyer on a post-hype guy like Njoku or even Howard (assuming Gronk and Brady run it back together).

5 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

A lot of you clowns wanted to get rid of AC too. Then when he retired , you cried about it.

i never said that until his last season when he missed a lot of time and started making comments about being ready to retire

funny that you think people are clowns for wanting a good team rather than saying everything is fine when they are not winning anything 

Archived