Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

our needs on offense

bleed blue4life

We will be fine with Fisher at LT.  Another off season rehabbing is all he needs.  We need an experienced playmaker at WR.  He will make a difference right away.  Draft one too.  Sign a veteran corner to replace Rhodes.  Draft one as well.  I think Ballard will stick with Blackmon and Willis at safety.

we need pass rush and secondary help on d.

we need another WR, and another dependable Olineman. 

anything else is icing on the cake. 

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

We will be fine with Fisher at LT.  Another off season rehabbing is all he needs.  We need an experienced playmaker at WR.  He will make a difference right away.  Draft one too.  Sign a veteran corner to replace Rhodes.  Draft one as well.  I think Ballard will stick with Blackmon and Willis at safety.

I don't think Willis job is safe. I think he will be a sub-package safety at some point. 

1 minute ago, BlackTiger said:

I was never crazy about bringing in Fisher.  He has been a good run blocker but pass blocking has been an issue with him all year.  I dont see him as a long term answer he will be 31 and has struggled with pass protection since suffering a major injury.

We have to bring Fisher back next year or else we will be even further behind. Unless a better choice is there in fa. Doubt an elite Lt will be there in the 2nd round

Just now, BlackTiger said:

I was never crazy about bringing in Fisher.  He has been a good run blocker but pass blocking has been an issue with him all year.  I dont see him as a long term answer he will be 31 and has struggled with pass protection since suffering a major injury.

31 is not old for a starting LT.  He just needs a year off rehabbing and I think he will be back to his old self.  We asked him to play himself back into shape during the season.  A very hard thing to do for any player.  I certainly expect Ballard to resign him to a multi year contract.  Solid LT’s are very hard to find.

Offense?  LT and a solid number two WR.  I know people are going to want a big name but I think they could get by with a guy like Cobb (not saying it has to be Cobb just someone who is about his ability level) who is good but not a number one.  Hilton probably isn’t going to be brought back even if he wants too unless he just goes off the last five games (then again one of those is in Houston) and I don’t think anyone else has proven to be consistent enough or healthy enough to be a number two.

Honestly the offense is mostly fine, even with five turnovers today and being pretty much one dimensional they still put up 31 points. I think the defense needs more upgrades than the offense.

Agree with most that LT and WR are the biggest needs on offense. Fishers ok as a stop gap but need to draft the future there asap.

Pittman had a decent bounce back after his early issues, would have liked to see him fight for that jump ball or at the very least break up the int. He's a solid #2 but too inconsistent yet to be a #1, he might get there eventually. TY's past his prime. Need to use a high pick on a WR and probably try to sign a vet FA too.

1 hour ago, bleed blue 4 life said:

After watching every game this season so far please get a left tackle and a reciever to go along with Pit. All we are lacking on offense . Too early for Paye and Dayo to decide. We need corners on d for sure

The left tackle is already on the roster.  We will re-sign Fisher.    He’s been better every month.   Today was the first sack he’s given up in 6 or 7 games.   He’ll continue to get better.   And he’ll be better next season as well. 

Ballard said this past class didn’t have many left tackles, and he’s been proven right.  Our likely first pick next year is likely to be roughly  pick 50.    Not good odds we’d find someone next year who can start as a rookie and grade as well as Fisher. 

Sorry. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not good odds we’d find someone next year who can start as a rookie and grade as well as Fisher. 

its about more than just sacks given up.  hes had other plays that hurt and lead to turnovers and bad throws but were not sacks

i dont think they should be so committed to a 31 year old LT who hasnt pass blocked very well.  they might have to draft someone and let them sit a while since it is hard to find day one Lts later in the draft

19 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

We need two WR. Hilton will probably be gone. Can’t rely on Campbell anymore and pascal will probably be gone.

We need a LT but that isn’t going to happen. We aren’t going to pay someone else. We need to Hope  next season Fisher looks better and maybe we can find someone to develop.

I wouldn’t rule out a new LT.  Fisher’s deal is pretty much a one year deal.  There is no guarantee they are going to bring him back.  The Colts could do worse than him at LT but they could also do better.

The offense is fine.  I have a feeling that our QB, vertical threat, seam TE, and LT are already on the roster.  Reed can take over for Glow.  OL depth is pretty good.  Hope to keep Pryor and Reed.   I'm giving PC one more chance to stay healthy, especially since we wont have a 1st round pick to get a better replacement.  Fisher, Granson and PC should be better players next year.   May as well draft zone defense players with the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.

On offense, we only need a true back up RB,  Not Hines.  Maybe Deon Jackson is already that guy, just haven't seen him.  Not sure that TE is an issue, but Doyle is older and MAC is a nice blocker only.

Not to get into the defense in a thread about the O, but I actually like Rodgers at corner.  Maybe not as a starter, but he's shown to be a keeper for dime packages, IMO.

We need a better player for the middle.  Whether its a stud-ish upgrade to Willis or Oke, I don't care.  If we go with 2 LBers and 3 Ss, then Blackmon can fit the roster as the SS, but not really as a thumper SS.  

We need an edge corner, a guy in the middle, a backend FS who can also tackle since we play a zone base defense; and sorry, I don't care for the DTs outside of Defo.  I like Dayo, but we need an upgrade to the other starting or rotational DT spots, IMO.

That's 3 new starters on D, possibly 4.

45 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Offense?  LT and a solid number two WR.  I know people are going to want a big name but I think they could get by with a guy like Cobb (not saying it has to be Cobb just someone who is about his ability level) who is good but not a number one.  Hilton probably isn’t going to be brought back even if he wants too unless he just goes off the last five games (then again one of those is in Houston) and I don’t think anyone else has proven to be consistent enough or healthy enough to be a number two.

Honestly the offense is mostly fine, even with five turnovers today and being pretty much one dimensional they still put up 31 points. I think the defense needs more upgrades than the offense.

Mike Williams, Chris Godwin, DJ Chark, Antonio Brown, and Michael Gallup are all UFA's and will likely be legit option on the market. 

D. Adams might actually hit the market as well if the rumors are true. 

There are also 8-10 top WR prospects declaring for the draft. 

It's going to be a good year to need a WR. 

2 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Mike Williams, Chris Godwin, DJ Chark, Antonio Brown, and Michael Gallup are all UFA's and will likely be legit option on the market. 

D. Adams might actually hit the market as well if the rumors are true. 

There are also 8-10 top WR prospects declaring for the draft. 

It's going to be a good year to need a WR. 

That’s what I am saying I don’t think Ballard is going to go all in on a big name WR.  Chark or Gallup MAYBE.  

I could see the Colts go WR with their second round pick and I also think the forum will have a melt down if that happens.  The Colts have bigger needs IMO.  LT, CB, LB, and S are bigger needs IMO.  However, the draft works on what’s there not so much needs.  

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

That’s what I am saying I don’t think Ballard is going to go all in on a big name WR.  Chark or Gallup MAYBE.  

I could see the Colts go WR with their second round pick and I also think the forum will have a melt down if that happens.  The Colts have bigger needs IMO.  LT, CB, LB, and S are bigger needs IMO.  However, the draft works on what’s there not so much needs.  

No one saw Ballard trading a 1st rd pick for Buckner and signing him to an extension either.  It all depends on how close he thinks we are.  After this year and seeing how close the AFC is I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see him make a move or two that would surprise everyone.  After all he is four years into his rebuild and he now has his quarterback.

47 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

its about more than just sacks given up.  hes had other plays that hurt and lead to turnovers and bad throws but were not sacks

i dont think they should be so committed to a 31 year old LT who hasnt pass blocked very well.  they might have to draft someone and let them sit a while since it is hard to find day one Lts later in the draft

I don’t disagree that Fisher has had issues.   But he still has graded better every month and that will continue.   He should be even better next year.   He didn’t give up a sack to a scrub.   That was Shaq Barrett, one of the best.   No shame in that.  

This team is built to win now.   Meaning playoff caliber.   I don’t see us spending our first pick of the draft on a player who is at least a year away.   And if we’re drafting someone who can’t start in 22 then some veteran has to start.   Sounds like Fisher to me. 

Honestly,  I see us using our 2023 first round pick on our future LT.   And that player would start in 24.    That’s my vision.  Of course, your mileage may vary….    JMO. 

15 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

No one saw Ballard trading a 1st rd pick for Buckner and signing him to an extension either.  It all depends on how close he thinks we are.  After this year and seeing how close the AFC is I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see him make a move or two that would surprise everyone.  After all he is four years into his rebuild and he now has his quarterback.

I didn’t say it couldn’t happen I said I don’t expect it happen there is a difference.

The biggest need on offense is better playcalling. There’s just some awful play calls and bad game plans all too often. Like the call in the second half today to just go ahead and start slinging the ball all over the yard. Better play calling and game planning would actually help tremendously. 

After that a number 2 wide receiver is a huge need. 

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

The biggest need on offense is better playcalling. There’s just some awful play calls and bad game plans all too often. Like the call in the second half today to just go ahead and start slinging the ball all over the yard. Better play calling and game planning would actually help tremendously. 

After that a number 2 wide receiver is a huge need. 

Get a number 1 wr and make Pittman number 2

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think if there is a WR high on their bowed in the second I am fine with that. No melt down. We can go get some of those other needs in FA. I would rather get a CB in FA.

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I wouldn’t rule out a new LT.  Fisher’s deal is pretty much a one year deal.  There is no guarantee they are going to bring him back.  The Colts could do worse than him at LT but they could also do better.

Who would they go get though that wouldn’t cost a fortune? Fisher I think with another offseason  should be better next season. He hasn’t been terrible so would have be careful trying someone cheap.

16 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Who would they go get though that wouldn’t cost a fortune? Fisher I think with another offseason  should be better next season. He hasn’t been terrible so would have be careful trying someone cheap.

Leno was cheaper, has graded better, been available the more snaps, and has a better sack %.

Leno only has 1 penalty while Fisher has 7 through last week.

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

I don’t know but I am also not Ballard.  He might also being willing to replace the LT and spend money.  He did with the DT position and QB position.  He also might think they can get one in the draft in the second round.  He might also re-sign Fisher.  I am not ruling that out but it’s not going to be the only option.  

18 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Can't do nothing about that now

I answered a question that was asked about who they could have gotten... 

Also, LT is very relevant in terms of the OP question. 

Leno is on a one year deal, and will be available in the offseason.

He's an option, along with re-signing Fisher, some other FA, or draft.

14 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I answered a question that was asked about who they could have gotten... 

Also, LT is very relevant in terms of the OP question. 

Leno is on a one year deal, and will be available in the offseason.

He's an option, along with re-signing Fisher, some other FA, or draft.

If he doesn't get resigned hopefully we get him

Archived