Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

scene from next weeks Hard Knocks

SurfinKal

4 hours ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

I’m down on a QB being oblivious that they threw the ball 26 times in a row.  If he is checking into passes a lot and not putting the ball in JT’s hands then Reich needs to real him in sooner. 

This is not Wentz checking out of plays. We ran RPOs heavily. When the D is 5 up, the read is pass. 

As long as Reich calls RPO, that's what will happen unless Wentz reads it wrong. He didn't that I'm aware of.

At some point, if the D is 5 up early most of the time, a coach has to intervene and actually call a play, not an RPO, to specifically do something else but follow the pass read.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Yes.  I was agnostic to the analysis that some folks used to show Flus the door, but I'm simply looking forward to changes after 4 years.
    • Voted Flores but Schwartz or Zimmer are solid choices.    Keep it 4-3!!!!    No disrespect to Flus, but I'm more excited than I anticipated that we are getting a new DC!  
    • What brings success in this league? Ask yourself that, and for most of this staffs time, have they had that or those things that typically guarantee success?   You're missing the central premise. You're looking at end results and not process.   We've not made the playoffs, the Titans have won the AFCS and pretty much made it their own, the Jags have gone to the AFC championship with Bortles, the Texans have won multiple AFCS crowns, Ballard's Colts have done.......squat. All true.   However, none of that means the Colts don't have coaches and front office staff who're excellent at their jobs. Flus just got hired. Listen to me on the WHY. The Colts defense improved astronomically under him. When Pagano left, the Colts defense was in TATTERS. Flus had to come into a job, change schemes which means handling personnel not suited to his scheme for the first few years, and still improve the unit, no excuses....and he did it. You see the mistakes in each game, the folks doing the hiring see the IDEA, the bigger picture. They see the process. They see and can project what he'd do given the talent they think they can give him. THAT is the difference. That is an example of why our guys get taken.   It's just like drafting a QB, most times, a Manning/Luck doesnt exist in the draft but does that a QB-needy team isn't going to draft a Mahomes or Allen or or Herbert some high upside guy who has flaws or limitations or whose team wasnt Alabama? Of course not. You have to think of it differently.
    • Yep.  The new DC is bound to be playing with different players.  And that washes away any attempt to have a reliable constant to compare against.
    • I voted Schwartz and 4-3.  He has the best resume IMO and a personality suited to be a DC.   I don't get the love for Flores.  Seemed unqualified before he got the HC job and an eroding relationship with your boss and your field captain is a sign of a personality that is too small for the job.   Seems like a risky pick.   Matt Patricia is interesting.  But I somehow think that because he was part of the Colts Patriots rivalry that he still is a Patriot at heart and would come here for the purpose of subverting the Colts and destroying us from within.  A BB Trojan Horse....LOL.     I think the time to make the switch back to a 34 would be when Ballard and Reich's contracts expire.   For those who want a 3-4 coach, I need answers to these questions:   How does our $60M 218 pound LB fit in? Can Grover play 0 tech? Who plays 5 tech? Do Paye, Lewis, or Dayo drop back into coverage, or does Dayo add weight to play 5t and Lewis goes unsigned? Can we convert Turay to a 34 OLB? Will we play zone in the secondary or expose RYS to man coverage?   Realizing that we'd play nickel a lot, but that's a different question.
  • Members

• DiogoSales

DiogoSales 202

• Colt.45

Colt.45 1,318

• Gramz

Gramz 2,825

• kastingshadows

kastingshadows 0

Rookie
    • boo2202

boo2202 581